Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

No, they are not even close to the truth...though they do hit on it once in a while...mostly Matthew. Now that you know this you can move on....stop identifying with past knowledge and seek some new wisdom.

Sounds like you are already in hell...and death is nothing but the next thing after this one.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

Hi donnnn1

I'm so sorry to hear this. It seems you have been given a very traumatic version of spirituality. You don't have to accept anything which doesn't sit well with you. I admire you for arriving at a point where you can stand outside of what you have been taught up until now and having the sense to begin questioning things.

While I can't give you any answers myself, I will say that perhaps it's time for you to begin reading about other faiths/beliefs/philosophies. Don't fear that, there is no harm in comparing your beliefs against another set of beliefs. Who knows? It may even reinforce all the positive aspects of your current faith.

This forum is also a great place to question your fears and beliefs about spirituality. I wish you luck in your pursuit of further spiritual clarity.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Master
Try to let yourself be guided by truth, very much easy to say ,I get a guilt thing at times and miss opportunitys to be in touch with the real essence, I dont know at times it can be complex ,do not believe you are going to hell,that wont happen. You sound like a great person ,this forum has great stuff so relax a little and if your feeling resistance, I assure you its OK to just try a little of everything ,find your truth, dont get me wrong Jesus is big in my life but the biggest focus is LOVE, if Im not feeling that then its not for me......
Old 09-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Caspar

Quote:
in Judaism, on which the Old Testament is based, they do not believe in hell. All are given mercy by God

As far as I know Jesus didn't say much about that either. So where did it come from? Is it purely a development of the Roman Political machine?
Old 09-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
As far as I know Jesus didn't say much about that either. So where did it come from? Is it purely a development of the Roman Political machine?

i dont no i dont no

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Guide
Fish

Quote:
I want to believe in something that makes me happy, but what if its wrong and Christianity is the truth but it doesnt make me happy??

Who says the truth has to be an society accepted cookie cutter dogmatic tradition? You don't have to believe in religion in order to truely beleive. You can beleive anything that isn't physically obvious.

Do you believe that there is one true God, one source, many gods, or source energy?

Do you beleive we are all connected as one?

Do you beleive happinessness comes from the heart and not from the mind?

Do you beleive we all share same beliefs with our own personal twist.

Is there really a set tradition (religion) that is the only way, or can we create our own traditions that we truely beleive in?

Does heaven and hell exist only in the afterlife? Or can we experience heaven and hell here on earth? Are you not experiencing hell trying to follow a religion that does not resonate with you? Can you find heaven by following your heart and not someone else's traditions?

Don't forget that spirituality rests in you and we are all different, yet part of the same universe.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Master
Tell your religious friends that majority of religious obsession comes from the Fear of God, a form of OCD. Almost every person who judges and tries to control other people with fear are in fear of something themselves and are trying to actually get their own life under control and they must keep in line dogmas and doctrines to survive this chaotic world.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth- no one comes to the Father but by me. He didn't say if you find my Father another way you will burn In hell. Becuase earlier in another gospel a woman praises and loves Jesus and jesus says it was becuase of the Father she recognized the divinity In Jesus. That's a mind-effer because Jesus is basically saying that the Father is beyond him and obviously people come to the father by other means usually their own faith. Unless Jesus was a schizophrenic you won't understand his teaching that he was the Way to the Father.

Jesus is talking about our own personal journey. If we act like Jesus, become like Jesus we will come to the Father.

Christ is the way, truth and light of the universe. A higher intelligence in us all that is sparked by faith. Jesus was one of many in the universe and creation that embodied that Mind or Divine awareness.

Jesus clearly wanted people to follow him to the highest levels of consciousness not just merely worship that higher-field in him but evolve and grow towards it ourselves.
Old 14-07-2015, 08:06 AM
Master
People who are honest, and are honest with themselves, honestly seeking Truth, (God is Truth), have no problem with Jesus.
Yeshua.
The Way, the Truth, and the Life. And, the understanding of salvation.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-08-2015, 05:08 AM
Experiencer

I was recently by two people one at a church I presently attend to never stop going to church.
Old 26-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Wasco

I am an atheist or at least a grew up on atheist, my whole family are atheists. I thought religion was stupid, I thought that religious people were stupid. I never understood how anyone could believe in God.
I w