Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-10-2011, 07:49 PM
SenyxPanda

I GET SO FREAK'N CLOSE!

Okay. I'll be relaxed and my body starts to feel numb-ish, then I get all these vibrations (not super strong, but I can still feel them, like the vibrations are pushing my spirit out of my body) and I can feel every part of my body seperate except for my face. For some reason, I'm not able to make my face come out of my body. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks, Rachel

(And I just wanted to share that my friend has been doing astral projection, and for the first time she tried astral travel. She came to my house [through astral travel] [because she was going to help me pull my spirit out of my body so I could actually do astral projection] and I felt a hand grab my hand and tug, like she was trying to pull my spirit out. I felt the tug several times and my spirit lifted out of my body, all except for my head. After that experience, I fell right asleep.)
Old 19-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Master

You have to be confident that you can do it. If you are confident you can easily get out of your body. When you can keep saying to yourself I can move my face out of myself easily. It may not happen at first but in time it should work.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:07 PM
SenyxPanda

That would help! I think part of the problem too is that I'll freak out and go back into my body, which I do not want to happen.
Old 20-10-2011, 03:47 AM
XeR0

Same thing is happening with me. I get vibrations but I can't seem to separate. I've had a full-on OBE once before but that was over 5 months ago and it was only partially induced...I think I got lucky. Still, it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Keep going....we're SOO CLOSE!!!
Old 20-10-2011, 04:41 AM
b3yond33

@SenyxPanda & XeRO, You want to be relaxed and calm at all times. When the vibrations come, allow them to spread throughout your body and get more and more intense. If you don't seperate from the vibrations alone, then do an exit technique. If your head or whatever gets stuck, it could be that you have an energy blockage. Do some energy raising and chakra stimulation exercises to help you seperate completely, more easily and to have more energy (and control) while your OOB. Check out AstralDynamics.com for info on how to do those energy excercises (and more).
Old 20-10-2011, 07:54 PM
samanthanightly

Ah, Rachel! I am going through the same exact thing. For instance, this morning I stayed up late and when I finally laid down: so comfortable and ready to fall asleep and it happened. My whole body went numb, felt heavy, had the vibrations, reached the hypnagogic, felt like I was floating but my head and my face felt like cinder blocks.

I think you struck a point about being freaked out, because as much as I will myself out of my body, I still have that looming sense of anxiety about the whole thing. It's hard not to because the body's heart rate begins to beat so fast, since it knows that the spirit is about to separate.

And although I've never projected myself, even though I've gotten SO CLOSE as well, I want to share my insight..for you and myself. One thing I noticed that when I'm at that point where I am just about to project, or so it feels, I'm realizing I'm really consumed with what going on with my body... because the feeling is unreal. But what might need to be done during that final stretch is to focus on your third eye. Because while the rest of the astral body feels as if it is about to go up, out and away we can't forget that the real key to separation lies within our consciousness.

The time I came the closest, this morning actually, was when I went with the motions that were happening throughout my body and just stared into the void of my mind, focused on my third eye. And this especially might be helpful to you! because while I was staring, I noticed a small, distant but still bright circular light in the middle of my vision. And I read online, that this could be a tunnel for us to exit through. So I started imagining myself walking towards the light, and surely enough, colors formed around my mind's vision and made themselves into a passage for me to journey through.

I was walking at a steady, slow pace and surely enough, the light began to grow closer towards me... or I closer to it. But suddenly I got too anxious, and started to run through this "tunnel." I feel as though I ended up losing my sense of direction and I found myself back to normal and awake just a minute or two later.

So, Rachel! My advice to you, and to myself, is to find that light in your mind. Because, this light, I feel, is actually the light at the end of the tunnel. And the end of the tunnel, is the full separation from the physical body. Be patient though, walk slowly. Do not run. I felt my face and my head get lighter as I walked. But suddenly, I began to run because I was so anxious to get there and worried that I would lose the projection. So, I began to speed through it, and my head began feeling weighted again.

Find the light. This is your tunnel. Walk, do not run. Who knows what you will find at the end?

I'm looking forward to hearing what finally works for you, because something surely will. All happiness is in the mind, love!
Old 20-10-2011, 10:18 PM
SenyxPanda

Thank you everyone for your input! I'll try some of these tonight.
Old 21-10-2011, 01:10 AM
XeR0

And I thought I was the only one seeing this light through my eyelids. I thought it was the oversensitivity to my nightlight that I keep on but I still questioned it because the light was of a different color and was much brighter somehow. Thanks samanthanightly, I'll keep your advice in mind....
Old 21-10-2011, 03:56 AM
samanthanightly

all in the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeR0
And I thought I was the only one seeing this light through my eyelids. I thought it was the oversensitivity to my nightlight that I keep on but I still questioned it because the light was of a different color and was much brighter somehow. Thanks samanthanightly, I'll keep your advice in mind....

i thought the same thing too, xerox! that it was just my sensitivity to light, and i had the same scenario, very limited, if not any, light present. and the light inside my eyelids is a combination of colors too.

thats why when i read that article on a website, it all clicked. the lights there to help us.

once you pay attention to it, you'll see. it's almost like playing tag with a friend, a very comforting feeling.

you should keep in touch xerox and let me know if you have any progress. im in the same boat as you and since you see the light too, i'd love to hear your feedback, seriously! i'm getting really close, i know it. i can feel it. every time i lie down my physical body instantly shuts off and my astral body keeps trying to separate.

getting closer ever time i close my eyes!
keep in touch
Old 21-10-2011, 05:39 AM
b3yond33

As samanthanightly said focus on the light...or a picture that forms while in the hypnagogic state and move your consciousness toward it. It will get closer and closer until you are there or you pull yourself in mentally (grab onto something in the picture) after the picture is stable and clear. Good luck.