Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 PM
vagabond

Question Fluttering Eyelids - Was this REM? Was I close to achieving Astral Projection?

I began working on my Astral Projection last night for the first time in around 10 years.

I was pretty tired so I very easily reached the point of deep relaxation. First I progressively relaxed each muscle group and then began counting up for each inhalation and exhalation: 1...inhale, 2... exhale, 3... inhale, by the time I reached 19 I realized I was slipping into a dream state as I was seeing objects not in my bedroom (specifically a lamp and a picture frame on the left side of my vision), so I regained my mental focus and began the counting again. What was interesting was that after a few more breaths, I noticed my eyelids fluttering uncontrollably... was my body asleep and entering REM, or was I just experiencing fatigue related spasms?

Even though it felt as though my body was asleep, I was still hyper aware of my surroundings, every little tiny noise seemed painfully loud and irritating.

I did not feel any vibrations but I began to feel like my limbs of my astral body were floating up out of my physical form. I began trying to separate myself when I was awakened by a car on the road.

I tried to begin again after the car has past but I was so mentally drained by the previous attempt that I just decided to try again another night. I literally felt like I had run a marathon while trying to perform calculus in my head.

What I am trying to figure out is what state my body was in... if I was in REM or not... and had I not been awakened was I indeed well on my way to successfully separating from my body or was it all in my head?

I hope to hear some responses tonight before I go to bed so that I may utilize everyone's advice in tonight's attempts.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Master

It was a shame that car came along. You were extremely close to ap.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 AM
vagabond

I felt like I was close several times in the past as well, never had the eye movements though.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Master

Symptoms can be different. Do not expect or think it will be the same. You do not have to have the eye movement symptom.
Sounds like you are doing great. Just have to keep practising. I have messed up plenty of times. It is just practice and you will get there.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 AM
illusion

thank you for posting this question. I experienced astral projection only once, and that by accident. trying to repeat the experience, but I am struggling with the exact same sensations as you, and having a lot of trouble with the separation stage too. I seem to be getting stuck at the fluttering eyelids stage. I don't think it's REM. but my problem is that my eyes roll up into my head so far that they actually hurt, and the pain distracts me and brings me back to waking consciousness.

best of luck. learning to project takes a lot of patience and practice.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:35 AM
mattie

KNOW You Will Remember

While our physical body sleeps, our nonphysical one is quite active. We AP all the time. The biggest challenge is opening up to remembering our nocturnal journeys.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
but my problem is that my eyes roll up into my head so far that they actually hurt, and the pain distracts me and brings me back to waking consciousness.

Too much tension perhaps?
Old 11-10-2011, 12:39 PM
illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond
Too much tension perhaps?

yes definitely. I was attacked on the astral plane the one and only time I managed to go there. so you could say that I have a certain amount of fear about returning.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:26 PM
vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
yes definitely. I was attacked on the astral plane the one and only time I managed to go there. so you could say that I have a certain amount of fear about returning.

I can not yet post links on here but there are some good posts on by Mattie and others regarding "vetting" and protecting yourself. Knowing how to protect yourself might give you the confidence boost that you need to succeed--I know that it has helped to put me at ease and subsequently improve my focus.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Master

I think if you are afraid then doing a protection would help a lot. If you know you are safe then you can ap. Do a protection every day. It should work.