Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 AM
undeadcrown

Question Months with no results

It's been a few months now, I've tried every technique I could find. Am I doing something wrong? Every night I try to, I end up passing out.. Only result I think may have been is, I never used to remember my dreams but now I am starting to.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Humm

It can be a gradual process.

Your primary goal should be to stick with it! There is a magic in perseverance.

Two things to make sure you are doing...

1) Ensure you always hold your intent to AP in the back of your mind. No need to think about it durring your attemtps, but definitely set it in your mind what you want to do, and as you meditate the directive will simply 'be there', sitting in the back of your drifting but focused consciousness without you thinking about it.

2) Relaxation is Key. Let your body fall into infinity with your breath. Let your bed dissolve in space. Let the flesh melt and pour off your bones. You know - RELAX.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Guide
Months eh?
I went 10+ years before figuring it out. :)

Suffice to say, each time you "pass out"... just focus more. It kind of sounds like you need to learn to stop those "mind interruptions" first. From there, you shouldn't pass out anymore. :)
Old 06-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Master

You say you pass out, I take that to mean you fall asleep. You have to find a way to stay awake then you will ap. Your problem will be solved. You can try when you have had some sleep when you are not as tired. If you get really desperate and nothing works, then I resort to desperate things. I listen to music, not relaxing music as it is too easy to fall asleep. The problem with doing that and that is it can take a lot longer to ap as your mind is not relaxed. You have to have a lot of patience to want to do it but it does eventually work. If you can relax your mind while listening to the music you should ap a lot sooner. People say find a technique that works. I find when you are in the meditative state any technique will work.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Master
undead... When we hit dry spell it may be we need a new approach, a fresh infusion of learning and inspiration. Reading a new book on AP may help... such as one of those by William Buhlman.

Xan

Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Knower
Ah, my problem is the complete opposite of yours.
When my intent is set on projecting, I usually cannot go to sleep at all unless I give up.
meaning that I could probably try all night if unsuccessful.
I haven't yet been successful either, but ya' know things will happen when they happen.
Don't rush it.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Master
It works best to have a regular practice period every day around the same time for about 30 minutes. Trying all night isn't so effective and only builds frustration.

Xan

Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Knower
^ Indeed, it got to the point to where I just didn't find the energy to do it at some point. I'm still unsuccessful , but I'm not as anxious to do it anymore.
I definitely still want to have an experience, but it's some tough stuff to get.
Hope your efforts come to fruition, undeadcrown.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Humm

I got so I would spontaneously wake up about 3 AM, and make an attempt for 15 or 30 minutes.

The quiet in the middle of the night, and being rested and relaxed from having already slept, are very powerful aids.

I would start by doing some energy exercises, and then start the meditation proper.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Trieah

It took me years to finally be able to do it. I've only recently had a hand full of successes, and even then, I haven't been able to fully control it yet.

Don't give up, but take a break from it every now and then so you won't completely lose your motivation.