Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-09-2011, 09:08 PM
ramc

How do you get past the "OMG!" moment?

Over the past few years during meditation I often find myself getting the vibrations... unfortunately I'm also prone to thinking "oh my God, this is so exciting!" as soon as it happens and they go away, ha!

How do you get past this?
Old 14-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Master
I've never consciously ap'd (only in my sleep) but I can imagine that if I wanted to try doing it, I would prepare for the 'next' moment and just do my best to reign in that exciting realization moment. Maybe part of the obstacle is just not knowing what/how it's going to feel like, from simple lack of experience...

Old 14-09-2011, 09:16 PM
ramc

I find it so hard not to get all geeky and excited when it does happen, haha! Obviously that just snaps me straight out of that state. Very frustrating! I just need to keep working I think. At least I know I can get part of the way there!
Old 14-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Master
From what I've read ~ all of the problems people have, it's getting distracted from 'where' they're going. Good luck.

Old 14-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Medium_Laura

The OMG stage happens to all of us. You can let your mind say it, just keep relaxed or you'll pop back. Think of it more as a dream you can control and say "hmm I like this, now let's do this!" Have goals already before you AP. ie: I am going here ______. I want to see sunset in Ireland off the coast. (actually look at a map and pinpoint a street) Google maps is awesome for this. Get it in your mind where you are going and it helps :)
Old 14-09-2011, 09:38 PM
ramc

Thank you, I'll give that a go - previously I've just tried to do it but never had a specific goal or place to go in mind. Sounds like a good place to start! =)
Old 14-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Guide
Keep doing it.
The more you do it, the less exciting it'll become.
Old 14-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Knower
I've never gotten past the "OMG" stage either. I actually stopped trying for a few months. I think I'll try again tonight and take Laura's advice. Thanks, Laura!
Old 15-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramc
Over the past few years during meditation I often find myself getting the vibrations... unfortunately I'm also prone to thinking "oh my God, this is so exciting!" as soon as it happens and they go away, ha!

How do you get past this?

ramc... You get past the exiting phase by choosing a target spot ahead of time. It's good to begin with a familiar place in your house like a doorway or place that you often sit. Then when you start to get the signs of aping you just go there.

It takes a little practice to subdue the excitement so you can go ahead in your adventuring. Breathing in your belly helps to quiet emotions.

Xan

Old 15-09-2011, 02:58 AM
mattie

Relax, Relax, Relax

Relax & just allow it to naturally flow. The getting overly excited about it is pulling you out of the experience.