Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-09-2011, 01:48 PM
lotus blossom

what is the difference?

Hope i dont seem a bit slow here but could someone explain to me what are the differences between Astral Projection and an Out of body experience ?? or are the same thing ?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
I am under the impression they are one and the same. Add Remote Viewing to the mix, as that seems to be the new accepted terminology. :)
Old 10-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Summerlander

It is all the same to me.

The following, to me, are the most distinct states of mind. At least that's how I categorise it these days:

Waking State:

Also known as wakefulness. In this state, people perceive the physical realm. An individual who is awake is conscious, self-aware, and there is realism of perception. The environment is stable and there is no required effort to enter this state. The perceived world seems to follow set rules, and, only on a quantum level, do things appear to be less logical and more uncertain.

Dream State:

This entails non-lucid dreams and falling asleep is all that is needed to enter this state. Self-awareness is absent and the unconscious mind often rules over the conscious one. The dreamer is immersed in plots and often detached from waking life memories. The experience can be vivid or vague, and, despite the instability, the illogical is accepted as being logical and true. Certain techniques can be employed to boost dream recall.

Phase State:

This entails out-of-body experiences (OOBEs or OBEs) and lucid dreams. Both are one and the same as a practitioner of this state has the distinct sensation of being elsewhere other than the physical body. This elusive state can be entered before, during, and after sleep. Effort is required in order to enter the phase voluntarily, although, some experiences are induced involuntarily. The practitioner is conscious and self-aware in what appears to be a reality of a mental nature which often emulates the waking state experience. One perceives a realistic phantom reality that can surpass the quality of the waking world, and, although phase environments can appear stable, they can also transmute. It is possible to slip into the dream state from here and vice versa.

EEG scans show that the phase is a hybrid state of consciousness between waking and dreaming. Hertz activity seems to become particularly active around the temporal lobes. This happens in both OOBEs and Lucid Dreams. Both give you the sensation of being elsewhere other than the physical body that lies in bed. Empirically speaking, perceived separations from the body in so-called OOBEs could still be nothing but wake-initiated lucid dreams (WILDs). Vibrations and out-of-body sensations have been reported in both types of lucid dreams. I just call it the "phase".
Old 12-09-2011, 10:12 PM
lotus blossom

Thank you for insight into this. it really helps. im not really sure what i experienced but i felt myself floating above my body , looking down at myself but i think i was asleep. but i felt a huge jolt as i went back into my body which seemed to bring me round all of a sudden.
I have also had times when drifting off to sleep that i feel like my body is getting is getting very heavy and feels like its sinking down through the bed to the floor. it scares me enough to wake me though.
all sounds a bit strange i know , lol. does anyone know what these things i have experienced could be ?
Old 13-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Master
lotus blossom... These are sensations people have when they are conscious out of body, which is also called astral projection. Since this happened spontaneously it's a good time for you to learn more about it. Here's are two threads for that:

Astral Projection Resources - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32529#post32529

240 AP Questions Answered - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15702

Xan

Old 25-09-2011, 04:48 PM
lotus blossom

Thank you for your reply Xan. i will look at those threads , aany insight into this will help. im intrigued and want to know more now lol.
Old 26-09-2011, 07:30 PM
geminilite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus blossom
Thank you for insight into this. it really helps. im not really sure what i experienced but i felt myself floating above my body , looking down at myself but i think i was asleep. but i felt a huge jolt as i went back into my body which seemed to bring me round all of a sudden.
I have also had times when drifting off to sleep that i feel like my body is getting is getting very heavy and feels like its sinking down through the bed to the floor. it scares me enough to wake me though.
all sounds a bit strange i know , lol. does anyone know what these things i have experienced could be ?

HI Ya ! Sorry i only just saw this ? This is how it all started for me, i didnt realise that i had been astral projecting for years without realising this is what i was doing lol remember not so long ago i told you of the levitating! haha.. it can catch us unaware at times but its ok once you get used to it all x

with your spiritual development on the up your more likely to start experiencing things at a natural pace anyway.. its an important practise to make sure you are protected also when you AP with the usual methods we talked about before.

Even though it can feel scary, try not to become fearful of the sensations they are quite normal, and enjoy your experiences, I'm so pleased for you .. I remember those days "oh its nonsense lol " ... look at you now

Love you xXx
Old 26-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Humm

My understanding is that OBE (Out of Body Experience) is just that: The experience that you are out of your body. This can be anywhere - in your bedroom, the local pizzeria, or the astral plane, but is usually reserved for referring tp projection in the RTZ (Real Time Zone, or 'ordinary reality of the physical plane' for us neophytes).

Of course one of the hottest controversies around OBE is if one is actually projecting into the RTZ at all or not. The evidence for RTZ is actually much stronger in NDE reports, but many long time OBErs have reported personal independent verifications of RTZ projection.

AP, on the other hand, is when one is experiencing being Out of Body in an alternate externally informed plane of existence, the astral plane.
Old 29-09-2011, 06:40 AM
zephyr313

Even with all the discussion really no one knows for certain. Though I really do not see a difference?
Old 06-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Master

The ether expands from the material association with it, to Spiritual experience detached from human equation. In between lay many variations of energy resonances, flows of energy experience which are best recognized, by the process in which they are experienced.

The human capacity for experience is varied by states of consciousness and perception, in essence feeling, thought and their combined perception. Ethereal experiences which are close to the material vibration may be perceived as being associated to material perceptions, an OBE which is linked to material perceptions of one’s own physical body, or other material areas, or in consciousness, as telepathy, intuition, these are interactive aspects of lower frequencies of ethereal resonance experience.

The out of body experience which is detached from material association, is experienced as a dominating sentience, a sensitivity of feeling, which is raised to such a degree, that perception translates that thought processes must be a part of the experience, when in fact, the quality of sentience, (pure feeling) is so powerful, that it manifests a sense of perception unknown to human sensitivity. But its resulting experience extenuates every harmonized resonance within that flow of ethereal experience; intimately supplying the clearest of awareness, of colour, image, shared feelings, reflections of such clarity, as feeling, that thought analysis often interrupts and disrupts such an experience.

The astral conditions are a vast array of ethereal resonances which have such a heightened frequency, that those who pass away from human life may find themselves in existence there. The astral conditions are boundless in their variation, so much so, that human beings may experience their realms of experience, usually when unconscious or asleep, though some have captured the resonance memory of conscious recognition of such experience. The main difference between the ethereal out of body experience, and an astral recognized experience, are the influences of mind. As stated, within a detached OBE within certain resonances of ethereal experience, sentience dominates experience.

Alternately, within the astral resonances, sentience combines with mind, as a reactionary experience. What you feel, is manifest as mind formation, which is why many associate such experience with dreams. But for those who frequent the astral realms, such manifestations are the norm, part of the Spiritual development of those who frequent there, is to learn to evolve away from `personal` manifestations, to enable the ability to recognize Spiritual manifestations, such as the great halls, manifested by the wonder of Spiritual enlightenment.

So it is that the ethereal and astral variation of human perceptible experience is simplified, with the recognition of the awareness produced by sentience, and the manifest experience produce by sentience combined with mind. One identifies the lower ethereal experience, as opposed to astral manifestation. This is just my reflection, derived from within such experience.

Peace be with you