Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
KayBe

I consider astral travel a method whereby the brain can process distant signals, simular to remote viewing except inclusive of a more thorough ability to analyze distant terrain, as if directly interacting in physical form.

I suspect a certain energy or frequency gathers where one's attention thrusts it, & this attention communicates back and forth between its intended location and the human brain. like a ball five miles from one's home bouncing smaller balls around at that location, then sending them back home.

the impression of leaving the body, I consider false.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Neville

Hello KayBe,

You make some interesting opinions, I personally have a lot of trouble distinguishing between the varying forms of consciousness "extending" During a Dream though, I know my physical brain is in my skull on a pillow inside a sleeping body.

In the dream however, The floor seems real. The people who are in my dream seem solid and authentic. The buildings and the environment overall carries an authenticity that I cannot honestly distinguish from waking life. I even ate food in a dream. It feels like I have left my physical body and am occupying an environment away from my body.

As i said though, I cannot distinguish between dreams, AP's, OBE's of any description. All seem the same to me.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Guide
While I like science itself I think it's the sad fact that many scientists define science only as their own interpretation of how they think things work based on data available. I don't think that they take conscious experience into account and you can't really put physical science and consciousness together because consciousness transcends the physical/material world official science is solely concerned with.

In order to take things like astral/OBEs seriously, science has to accept that there is more than the material world and scientists themselves have to realize that our consciousness is the only thing each of us has that transcends the material/physical universe.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Master
ive heard of cod liver oil and skate fish liver oil being used to remove the calcification of the pineal gland...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 03-08-2011, 01:57 PM
willows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
In order to take things like astral/OBEs seriously, science has to accept that there is more than the material world and scientists themselves have to realize that our consciousness is the only thing each of us has that transcends the material/physical universe.

Well, science, by definition, is based in objective, observable, repeatable results, so unless, in some point in the future, some evidence of this sort arises that relates to something like astral projection, it's just not something that science can accept.

It doesn't mean that something like astral projection isn't real, of course. Just that it's possible that "science" is a lens through which astral projection can't be seen... at least yet.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Enlightener

The book that Neville mentioned in that piece, DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, that is a great book, I'd definitely recommend that one if you are interested in what Neville was talking about.

Peace.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by willows
Well, science, by definition, is based in objective, observable, repeatable results, so unless, in some point in the future, some evidence of this sort arises that relates to something like astral projection, it's just not something that science can accept.

It doesn't mean that something like astral projection isn't real, of course. Just that it's possible that "science" is a lens through which astral projection can't be seen... at least yet.
i happen to thoroughly agree...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 06-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Dmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello KayBe,

You make some interesting opinions, I personally have a lot of trouble distinguishing between the varying forms of consciousness "extending" During a Dream though, I know my physical brain is in my skull on a pillow inside a sleeping body.

In the dream however, The floor seems real. The people who are in my dream seem solid and authentic. The buildings and the environment overall carries an authenticity that I cannot honestly distinguish from waking life. I even ate food in a dream. It feels like I have left my physical body and am occupying an environment away from my body.

As i said though, I cannot distinguish between dreams, AP's, OBE's of any description. All seem the same to me.

Hey, Im a little surprised you cannot tell the differnece between an dreams and AP, OBE. I mean some people say that etheric and astral bodies differ so you either go to an astral realm or etheric realm. I think when you CONSCIOUSLY AP its VERY obvious and kinda scary when your first do it. Your body is paralyzed and high vibration occur and your able to seperate from your body. This is said to reduce once you've mastered your own technique. MANY people experience this when they OBE/AP if not all. However, some people say you explore the astral realm in dreams. This Im not sure on, I mean your mind NEEDS rest right? If you were ALWAYS exporling the astral realm unconsicously that would still require your mind/and brain to be active. Its also said as children you OBE and I can easily recall a few times when I did unconciously. Which kind of makes sense when you think about it. You wouldnt enter the vibrational state because your conscious mind isnt active and doesnt have to seperate. I hope there's some scientist out there work on this phenomenon. It would be a shame if no one tackles this just because its near impossible to prove scientificially. Do you have that F-ion califaction study link?
Old 21-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Neville

Quote:
However, some people say you explore the astral realm in dreams.

To be fair , those dream environments do seem very tangible , so it's easy to understand why some people might hold this vew,

Quote:
Im a little surprised you cannot tell the differnece between an dreams and AP, OBE. I mean some people say that etheric and astral bodies differ so you either go to an astral realm or etheric realm

Absolutely understandable. It's just that I personally cannot distinguish between my astral and etheric body, to me (rightly or wrongly) they are one and the same.