Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
ljepotica

Angel1 I'm curious about your usernames:)

Hello all you lovely people

I'm just curious as to why you chose your usernames. What made you decide?
Did you take your time or know that you wanted to be called X.

I hope you don't mind answering

My username: LJEPOTICA is in Croatian, it just means something like pretty girl-I chose it because I love the way Croatian sounds and like the way ljepotica sounds. I also studied a bit of Croatian at uni:)
Old 07-12-2006, 12:26 AM
tiltjlp

I've been a pinball freak since I played my first game back in 1951. So much of a pinball freak that I even used to belong to several, and co-founded another pinball forum, where using a specialized program, we created and recreated digital pinball machines. Since I had never belonged to a forum before I found the pinball community, I used "tilt" which isn't welcome in pinball, and added my initials, and so tiltjlp was born.

Eventually the pinball forums were plagued with flame wars, backbiting, insults, and related problems, and a little over six months ago I left that community. And that might help you understand why I offered to help out here when I noticed that similar problems were popping up. Everyone likes to think forums can't be destroyed, but I know otherwise.

John
Old 07-12-2006, 01:17 AM
BLAIR2BE

AH HA! i knew it was pinball related!! blair2be is self explanatory, no?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
AH HA! i knew it was pinball related!! blair2be is self explanatory, no?

Maybe to some. Me, I don't have a clue.

John
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Pounamu

The meaning behind my username

Pounamu is a Maori word for Greenstone or Nephrite.

I was born in New Zealand, in the South Island, called "Te Wai Pounamu" by the Maori. Greenstone is a beautiful stone that is tough and takes a fine polish. It is found in some areas of the South Island, and is much prized by the Maori, who used it for fashioning heirloom personal ornaments, chisels, adzes and weapons. It has a mineralogical hardness of about 5, which means it can be worked using quartzy minerals and sands,which have a hardness of 7.

Since I am a New Zealander, was brought up in a Maori district, and have had at least one Maori "past life" that I know of, I chose "Pounamu" as quite representative of some of my nature.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 AM
Master
My dd's nickname is Goose...so Mother Goose seemed fitting. Been using it for nearly 3 yrs now.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 07-12-2006, 03:49 AM
White Rabbit

Wink

I chose my name because I was told by a native shaman it was my native name (because my first totem is a white rabbit ) I am not native, myself, but i do feel very attached to this name. I do have 8 other totems, one of which i see most of the time - my owl (a barn owl) who guides me from above and in dreamtime
Old 07-12-2006, 06:36 AM
imageimaginer

I am imageimaginer and in my spare time I paint pictures. I imagine images and put them on canvas. I'm a dreamer too lol.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Enlightener

Coloured Disposition

I guess I chose the name enlightener because I saw this place, the forum, as somewhere where I could help others become enlightened or just help others, and vice versa, where others would enlighten me.
I also tried to find something that I was comfortable with and that represented me well.

Enlightener
Old 07-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Kolo

hahaha when i saw this thread my curiousity has been burning .. esp tiltjlp (i expected it to be the first letters in a proverb, song or something - pin-ball!! well well (i used to get hysterical playing pin ball, esp with a few beers under me kilt!
and yes ljep-oti-ca (had three goes at going back to get it right).. wondered where that came from!
enlightener everytime i see darthvada i laugh!!
white rabbit i am the same as you
i am oKa -white buffalo , and i also channel water buffalo.. however white buffalo is a truthbearer - and guides my everyday journey.
They are awesome creatures are they not?

Pat

Last edited by Kolo : 07-12-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Closed Thread