Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 17-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Pathfinder
I was told in class to try and stay away from coffee

When i walked into pre class with a starbucks i was told that was not good and to avoid it even if it gives me energy

Is it normal for yoga practicioners not to like it?
Old 18-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Ascender
Hm. Possibly BC it makes you dehydrated and speeds up your heart rate when yoga is a tool to balance it.

But I have seen many chicks in my hot yoga class drink coffee before hand. So you do what you freakin' want lol.
Old 19-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Pathfinder
she said the energy I get from coffee is fake
Old 20-04-2015, 05:24 AM
Master

Isn't coffee just a stimulant that works only temporary?
I don't think it is seriously wrong to be in a altered state once in a while caused by coffee.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkarma
When i walked into pre class with a starbucks i was told that was not good and to avoid it even if it gives me energy

It's common for people to impose their own values and beliefs on others, and it makes people feel judged, so it's pretty important not to internalise that attitude.
Old 20-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Suspended
I think she maybe came out a little forcefully with the coffee advice..

It is not just about the coffee in your hand but the mind in your head!

Yes, coffee may be something to drink less of if you drink it everyday or a few times a day. A few coffees in the week wouldn't be so bad.. It really is about looking at your lifestyle from a holistic viewpoint (i.e. sleeping, exercise, nutrition, relationships, stress at work, reactions of body, etc).
Old 08-06-2015, 04:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Do your yoga. Your mind/body will tell you if you should stop the coffee. I have been doing yoga for years and still drink coffee
Old 08-06-2015, 04:34 AM
Ascender
Stay away from coffee???

Old 08-06-2015, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkarma

I do yoga but didn't come to the realization that it not good for me through being told, but more through my own personal experience of it and listening to my body.

I notice I go into a hot flush when I drink it, so it signalling in me that it heightens something unnaturally in me of itself. Because of this I only have one every few days because I listen and it works best for me

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 08-06-2015, 04:57 AM
Knower

I haven't drank coffee for awhile mostly because it can get addictive and your body depends on it... but it varies for everyone. If you drink to and it works for you, than all the power to ya, however, it's just not for me. I enjoy tea, it's calming and doesn't contain any chemicals.

The 'energy' you get from it isn't fake, per say, it's more like it comes from the caffeine rather than letting your body naturally wake up and energize itself from what foods you consume. But I'm not here to tell you what to do, it's your body. As for yoga, I'm not sure how the drink effects you in regards to that. If you feel fine than things must be working correctly, but if you're drained without it I would suggest cutting down on it or seeing what happens when you don't drink it. Good luck.