Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 26-08-2013, 06:36 AM
timsongibler

Hi

You are absolutely right that doing yoga without proper guidance is definitely not recommended as it could lead to certain type of injuries. So, it is always advisable to take some yoga training sessions initially sot hat you can get hold on the right postures of the yoga art and after that you can continue performing the art on your own.
Old 26-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Yoga is not just asanas. That is a misinterpretation of yoga. Its meditation and yes you can start now.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:59 PM
peter

4 hours kundalini? I am amazed.
What about 4 hours Relative Theory for kids?

Yes Anandini, yoga is much more than asana. Asana is just little break of the real stuff.

The only way to step on real Yoga path in western world is to move your feet. But not to a yoga company. Better go to library and get some books for meditation.

I would ask: why you need yoga. What you want to achieve.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Anandini.Devotee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD0aAKqVxkk see what he has to say he is a scientist and has implemented meditation into schools in Ohio making such a difference he was awarded by the president of the USA
Old 26-10-2013, 01:08 AM
MGazonda

Finding the wrong guru can be damaging as well. We seem to have a lot of false gurus around these days.

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”

The whole point of Yoga... whether it be physical, meditative, or whatever is the same. At their essence, they are all showing you who you really are. They show you that you are much more than just the physical body that many people identify themselves as. It's not about the poses or the meditations themselves...
Old 26-10-2013, 01:11 AM
MGazonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Great thing to do.

When you realise that yoga is not an exercise but a way of life - mind, body, spirit, you will revotionise your life.

Yoga is more about stretching, it's about breathing, it's about mindfulness, it's about meditation, it's about eating, it's about philosophies, it's about devotion. And many other things.

From my understanding, Yoga isn't about any of these. Rather, these are tools that can be used on the path of Yoga.

This could be perceived as splitting hairs, but to me it is a very different understanding/viewpoint of what Yoga is.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:04 PM
annayogini

When I wanted to start doing yoga, I bought some CDs and tried to do it at home. It didn't work. I agree to signing up for classes. being with others will motivate you, and you will have someone who will correct your form as well.