Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 20-06-2011, 05:55 PM
PEACE

Sahaja yoga

Has anyone done this as im going to a class on saturday
Old 20-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Master
i went to the first one where they showed you some techniques, but havent been to a meditation with them, as the group is an hour away..

let us know what you thought..

{{hugs}}
Old 21-06-2011, 05:51 AM
PEACE

Thanks sure will
Old 21-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Master
Never heard of that form of yoga, looking forward to how it went.
Spiritlite.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:29 AM
PEACE

Hi i went and its not for me.First of all they talked about the chakras which was ok and then we had to close our eyes and he left us like that for 40 mins there was no guided meditation at all and while doing this i experienced first tingling in my feet coldness on my arms my fingers seemed to bend on their own and i felt like i was being tugged backwards and forwards like little jerks all the while i felt like i was going to explode out of the top of my head and my ears were buzzing louder and louder when he brought us out there was no grounding exercise which i did silently to myself and he asked if we had seen colours which he explained were due to a bad chakra but ive been told that my spirit guide uses these colours to communicate with me i ended up leaving early as it just didnt sit well with me and when i got home it was 3pm and for the entire evening i felt so spaced and light headed even dizzy without the spining around i slept deep but i still feel a little spacey so im carrying my smokey quartz can anyone give me advice on what happened and how i can reground myself thanksxxxxx
Old 26-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Master
I have no idea maybe someone who knows better about this type of thing can help you.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Master

It is a shame you did not like it. Perhaps you need to give it more time. I went to the class tonight and we did not meditate for that long. I did go a few years ago but I stopped going. I am hoping this time I will keep going every week. I was told the tingling you are feeling is a good thing as it brings the emotional rubbish to the surface and it clears it.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Langston2

Take a look at this that will tell you about Sahaja Yoga. This isn't yoga exercise as we know this -- it doesn't include positions or even stretches. Or even breathing workouts. This essentially involves being a devotee associated with Sri Mataji Nirmala Devi, an Indian native 'saint' that claims to have the ability to remedy cancer. She additionally says which gay males should obtain Aids because of their sexual orientation. (I have heard her say this particular.) If you want to become involved with Sahaja Yoga you will have to go to their own meetings. Personally, getting at one phase been involved with them, We would not return. They're saying to be able to increase kundalini but they let you know nothing from the preparation needed for this to be a secure process.
Iyengar yoga is much more related to the physical body but it's very powerful and may obvious emotional as well as spiritual obstructions. Should you mix Iyengar with deep breathing you would be proceeding within the correct path. IMHO. Make an effort to to take everything slowly...A measure at a time. But, additionally from a personal point of view, I would stay away from Sahaja yoga exercise.
Old 14-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Freeda65

Sahaja Yoga is a unique method of meditation based on an experience called Self
Realization (Kundalini awakening). Through this process an inner transformation
takes place by which one becomes moral, united, integrated and balanced. Sahaja
Yoga was created by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi in 1970 and has since spread all
around the world.

Through the practice of Sahaja Yoga our awareness gains a new dimension where
absolute truth can be felt tangibly on our central nervous system. As a result of this
happening our spiritual ascent takes place effortlessly and physical, mental and
emotional balance are achieved as a byproduct of this growth of our awareness. We
then realize that we are not this body, mind, ego, conditionings, emotions or intellect,
but something of an eternal nature which is always residing in our heart in a pure,
undisturbed state - the Spirit. The Spirit is the source of true knowledge, peace and
joy. Self Realization is the actualization of this connection with our Spirit.

True meditation is a state of deep peace where the mind is absolutely calm and
silent, yet completely alert - a state known as "thoughtless awareness". Throughout
history, mystics, saints and prophets have spoken of this experience. They removed
themselves from society, sought ways to cleanse themselves of human troubles and
devoted their lives to achieving their spiritual ascent. Their aim was to achieve
"Self-Realization" - a state of being where the human spirit becomes one with the
Divine, where fear and anger are replaced with joy, contentment inner balance and
peace. Through Sahaja Yoga, this experience is now possible for every human
being, effortlessly.
Old 14-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Master

Langston2 if what you say is true about this person, saying gay males should obtain Aids because of their sexual orientation, then I think it is a dreadful thing for her to say. If she said that, then other things she says may not be right as well. In the sahaja yoga group the people there worship her. We are told to look at her photograph so we will feel her vibrations and it will help us to become better people. I am not convinced of this. I still like to go to the group because we all go there to get peace with our lives. It helps us not to keep thinking about the minor things that goes wrong in our lives. There are also other good things as well to help us to keep improving ourselves.