Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Aurélie

Believing inanimate objects can think and have a soul

So I saw this documentary about a few women, who fall in love with objects. And I'm not talking about some sort of giddy "I love these shoes" comments, I'm talking about getting married to the Eiffel tower, changing your surname to "Berliner-Mauer" and so forth.

Those women claim that they have a real relationship with those buildings. They sense the energy of them and discuss with them telepathically. To me the idea that a cold building that is man-made could think and feel goes a bit over my head, and I'd like to hear your opinions on the subject.

After all, I'm talking telepathically with beings I can't even see with my physical eyes - meaning my guides - and that makes a perfect sense to me...
Old 01-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Henri77

I expect many children actually communicate-relate-converse. with their dolls in some manner. so who's to say a building cannot aquire an "intelligence"-awareness-identity over time.
It may not compose poetry or solve math problems but I can imagine someone tuning into this.

Or a city having an identity for that matter.

I treat my car like a friend. Though we've never conversed.

No doubt there are members here who've had similar experiences to what you describe.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 AM
silent whisper

I once coversed with pegs on my clothes line, we developed a wonderful connection.....man they were my life line at one point..no pun intended..:O
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Aurélie

I've given more thought on this now, and yes, I have to admit I've had relationships too with inanimate objects. The toys for example I had as a child, they were persons, and somehow I still consider them to be more than "just ragdolls".

I saw an interesting BBC document about our five senses and how they are multiconnected as a newborn baby, but those connections gradually disappear as we grow up. Now, there are cases of people that for some reason have managed to maintain those connections - they see a picture of the taste of mustard in their head, for example. What if there's a similar thing going on with the connection to objects and that's why all the kids have their specific favourite toys? They can really connect to them? And the connection slowly disappears as we grow up, and that's why we stop playing with them - we can't tune into their frequency anymore.

Then about the cities, as I've travelled I've noticed so many varying atmospheres depending on the city where I've been, and thought it's a complexion of the energy of the people living there, but then again the characteristics are so unique that if that was the case, wouldn't it suggest that there only lived one type of people? In a city of millions it's hardly the case. So a city, or a town, must have a sort of "spirit" of its own.

What it comes to my adulthood there have been certain objects that I can't just look at and only see a piece of material. My piano is maybe the best example.

But how again do these object-spirits work? Are they different "species" that animated spirits? Or can one be born again as an aeroplane for example?

Sorry if I'm being stupid, it's a totally new phenomenon to me.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Hmm not sure how related.. but I had a dream that I met up with very old spirits in a gathering for a spiritual moment of mine, so they could all be there with me.

Of one them was a dragon... another was a blue motorbike!

I guess this would make sense, in this manner.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurélie
I've given more thought on this now, and yes, I have to admit I've had relationships too with inanimate objects. The toys for example I had as a child, they were persons, and somehow I still consider them to be more than "just ragdolls".

Then about the cities, as I've travelled I've noticed so many varying atmospheres depending on the city where I've been, and thought it's a complexion of the energy of the people living there,

But how again do these object-spirits work? Are they different "species" that animated spirits? Or can one be born again as an aeroplane for example?

I think cities reflect both geological energies as well as that of the people living there.... New Orleans has a very diff social mindset from LA or NY, Minneapolis,
or a small town, or suburb. To say nothing of the ancient geological energies or "ancient" people who lived there, or Indian tribes for that matter.

No we are not reincarnated as trees or airplanes, and I doubt anyone will claim that.

I suspect we imbue "objects" with thoughtforce-emotion , and in the case of dolls I suspect spirits of some sort may feasably inhabit one that's loved, (or feared)
Beyond that I can't imagine how they gather a personality (unless it's also an internal unconscious projection that we manifest in a doll or object) and that may be the same thing.
Some say angels are externalized projections of parts of our soul.
Kryon sees it this way.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
So I saw this documentary about a few women, who fall in love with objects. And I'm not talking about some sort of giddy "I love these shoes" comments, I'm talking about getting married to the Eiffel tower, changing your surname to "Berliner-Mauer" and so forth.

Those women claim that they have a real relationship with those buildings. They sense the energy of them and discuss with them telepathically. To me the idea that a cold building that is man-made could think and feel goes a bit over my head, and I'd like to hear your opinions on the subject.

After all, I'm talking telepathically with beings I can't even see with my physical eyes - meaning my guides - and that makes a perfect sense to me...

Aurélie - I know once I've painted a painting on a canvas, that canvas feels to me that it is no longer just an inanimate object, but a breathing piece of energy. I put a lot of my soul into my artwork and give up or give myself over to the canvas when I paint. Do I love my paintings? Yes, in fact I can't part with any of them because it's almost like they're my children (well not really but you get the point). Each piece of work takes on a life of it's own and gives off it's own energy that has been channeled through me. But I am not in love with them. I once had a home that I say I feel in love with, but again I wouldn't marry a house. LOL

Blackraven
Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Animus27

The idea of inanimate objects having a soul is usually called animism. It's a common idea in many "primitive" cultures.

I've seen that documentary in question. The one with the objectophile women, eh? Honestly, I think it's a kind of disorder. Most of the people (if not all) have had abuse or sexual trauma in their lives, and expressing their sexuality with objects and buildings is a way for them to have a "connection" without the danger of being let down or hurt.

But, as far as the question of animism goes... I'm not willing to say yes or no with utter certainty. Although having sex with the Eiffel Tower is way too many kinds of weird to me. o_O
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Guide
All of us must have a connection with an inanimate object at some time. I am like it with some books of mine. Some are really old and tatty, but I love them. Two years ago I moved home, and took my books with me. They are still in boxes. I went through the boxes the other day. I don't want to throw them away. They link me to the past.

I guess what I speak of is not related to this thread. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I do pick up feelings from places though, from different cities, towns and villages. I love those places.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Gracey

Quote:

in my understanding, energy imprints can be in objects, but i don't believe that they think and feel...i never experienced such a thing with an object.