Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Ivy

Daz, the original poster found realisation of silence.

Perhaps that is a subtlety.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Daz, the original poster found realisation of silence.

Perhaps that is a subtlety.

I understand what shabby is saying and I would say that this happens .

I would also say that within the silence realization doesn't happen also .

So perhaps silence entertains the realization and also not .

So is it just a matter of silent contemplation in order to realize all is one or is it just or partly the environment that entertains it .

x daz x
Old 02-01-2015, 03:11 PM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like

So is it just a matter of silent contemplation in order to realize all is one or is it just or partly the environment that entertains it .

x daz x

Are you wafting around the key to enlightenment? Silence as absence of process is a means of seeing this place, and perhaps into seeing the entirety because it tends to strip out the self from understanding. I know from personal experience that thoroughly understanding a point in the universe can deliver that key as well. Is that what you mean?
Old 02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
One day while sitting outside on my back porch, I thought about God and where God is when I heard:
I am closer than you think.
My first reaction was of course, everyone knows that.
God is wherever I am, but I heard nothing in reply.
Instead there was this silence, you know the one where two people are talking and one doesn’t reply
so you add something to get a response.

So I thought about the statement: Closer than you think. Closer than thinking, thinking, thought,
closer than thought, before thought!
I got it.
A light bulb went off ….before thought there is silence.

In the silence of our mind we are one with God. Only in the silence of our minds are we One. One with all.

There is no separation, no differences, no judgment…..we are all the same in the silence of our mind.
In the silence of our mind which is simply the absence of thought,
there is no suffering.

Aw, thank you for sharing this.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
Are you wafting around the key to enlightenment? Silence as absence of process is a means of seeing this place, and perhaps into seeing the entirety because it tends to strip out the self from understanding. I know from personal experience that thoroughly understanding a point in the universe can deliver that key as well. Is that what you mean?

I have mentioned key/s in another post and I would say there are a whole bunch of keys needed to realize oneness or to keep in line with the thread where shabbs mentioned 'In the silence of our mind we are one with God'.

Is that enlightenment, self realization - God realization whichever words suits I suppose so yes I am wafting around the key/s to realization in that there is only what you are and what we are is not separate from anything .

Could you say more on your thoughts when you mentioned 'understanding a point in the universe can deliver that key as well'

A point of understanding derived through what means .. (as an example)

x dazzle x
Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM
KevinO

Quote:
I have mentioned key/s in another post and I would say there are a whole bunch of keys needed to realize oneness or to keep in line with the thread where shabbs mentioned 'In the silence of our mind we are one with God'.

Is that enlightenment, self realization - God realization whichever words suits I suppose so yes I am wafting around the key/s to realization in that there is only what you are and what we are is not separate from anything .

Could you say more on your thoughts when you mentioned 'understanding a point in the universe can deliver that key as well'

A point of understanding derived through what means .. (as an example)

x dazzle x

As an example: I had about 20 hours of intense counseling that consists of looking things over through a series of questions designed to stick your nose in whatever seems to be a problem till you solve it yourself. This was several years ago. After those hours I realized that I wanted to find my place in the universe. My usual process for solving things is reading. So I let myself pick out in a bookstore something that looked interesting. It was Simon Singh's The Big Bang. I read it. Then, long story short, the TV version of The Elegant Universe had been recommended to me a while back. Sitting at an open house, there was the book The Elegant Universe on the homeowner's shelf. I began reading it, picked up a copy at the library, and after reading a particular section on Relativity, I took Einstein's "leap of faith" and understood Relativity, and bang, I was out. This was with no meditative practices or reading related topics or believing in God (though of course I now do). I had read Hesse so there was some familiarity with Eastern process. I assume that we all experience once that door opens it stays open and how the universe works appears to view as our human sensibility can see it. The interesting part is that everyone seems to have their own particular way of looking at it even if the governing experience was the same.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
As an example: I had about 20 hours of intense counseling that consists of looking things over through a series of questions designed to stick your nose in whatever seems to be a problem till you solve it yourself. This was several years ago. After those hours I realized that I wanted to find my place in the universe. My usual process for solving things is reading. So I let myself pick out in a bookstore something that looked interesting. It was Simon Singh's The Big Bang. I read it. Then, long story short, the TV version of The Elegant Universe had been recommended to me a while back. Sitting at an open house, there was the book The Elegant Universe on the homeowner's shelf. I began reading it, picked up a copy at the library, and after reading a particular section on Relativity, I took Einstein's "leap of faith" and understood Relativity, and bang, I was out. This was with no meditative practices or reading related topics or believing in God (though of course I now do). I had read Hesse so there was some familiarity with Eastern process. I assume that we all experience once that door opens it stays open and how the universe works appears to view as our human sensibility can see it. The interesting part is that everyone seems to have their own particular way of looking at it even if the governing experience was the same.

I understand that there are triggers activated via many means . All means finely orchestrated for that particular someone at hand . I understand your intense counseling when you say 'one is looking things over through a series of questions till you solve whatever that is for yourself . Tis in the same mold as self enquiry of self . So I would agree in your line of enquiry had that offered a key in return .

I also tend to resonate with the eight fold path for it could be said along the same lines that there are 8 further keys just on that particular key-ring .

So many key ingredients (Im full of puns today) I would say that allow realization to happen ..

Getting into the silence is a journey in it's own right, what is realized within or of the silence is perhaps another journey of sorts ..

x daz x
Old 02-01-2015, 04:20 PM
PS ...what others call silence I call stillness.

For me there is never silence...inside there is music, harmonies ...
you know Music of the Spheres,
Celestial Harmonies...as it has been called...the flutes,
strings, brass, streams, crickets,
waves, angels like the Tabernacle Choir singing praises...that one is really 'high'.
(I don't here that so often!!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Ivy

Quote:

x daz x

Silence isn't a pursuit where one goes into it thinking, aha, I think I'll find me a realisation today.

This is the subtlety that perhaps can't be understood in the way you are trying to.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Silence isn't a pursuit where one goes into it thinking, aha, I think I'll find me a realisation today.

This is the subtlety that perhaps can't be understood in the way you are trying to.

I would say the thinking of, the doing of, the being in or of silence all plays there part .

In relation to the actual silence its self there is no thought or understanding of it .

The masters speak of the realization of self and yet they know no words will even get close to what is realized and yet they continue to try to certain degrees .

When speaking on public forums by means of understanding such likes as peace, silence, stillness, realization will never reaches the mark, I suppose one can say nothing at all or use the medium provided and speak as best they can in relation to their experience of it .. Just like Shabby has done .. and the rest of the posters ..

x daz x