Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 21-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Ascender

What plants keep bugs away?
Old 21-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Master
Marigolds keep slugs away.

Old 21-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Ascender

Then I will definitely get those!
Old 21-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Time

You have to be careful with marigolds. Soem varieties can actualy harm some plants. Im pretty sure the common ones sold are alright though.

Garlic works awsome.

Why do you want bugs away? Without good bugs our plants wouldt reproduce! Good bugs eat the ones that eat your plants like aphids, and hornworms etc. You want the tiny wasps, and black wasps in your yard and all bees. The types of flower, liek the dill plants flower, attract all sorts fo beneficial isects, that eat the bad ones.

Look up insect attracting plants, youll get tons of lists of ones that bring good bugs in, and after nature works its magic, keep bad bugs out!

edit

Please for natures sake never under any circumstances use pecticides outsides, unless its a biplogical, or organic solution. The only "insecticide" id trust outside is "safers soap", and even that kills the good bugs. You want nature to create the balance so the bad bugs dont even have a chance to get out of control.
Old 21-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Master
While I was a volunteer warden in the National Park, one of the areas we looked after was a small area which was a magnet for butterflies. The big attraction was Scabius - apart from being a big thing for the flutterbye, it is an attractive garden flower.
Old 21-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Master
Oh, mothballs will help keep bunnies from decimating your veggies. Not sure it's worth the smell though - blech.

Old 21-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Time

you can also plant dafodils to stop squirrels and rabbits from going into your garden.. They know its poison and stay away
Old 21-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
you can also plant dafodils to stop squirrels and rabbits from going into your garden.. They know its poison and stay away

That's interesting to know - I thought it was just that they wouldn't eat the bulbs. I love daffodils so an excuse to have them around more is good

Old 23-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Well, I don't know a lot about attracting fae/nature spirits, but I do know about happy plants, and I know happy plants attract happy spirits. So here is my plant-input.

Plants are extremely spiritual beings with their own kind of emotions and intelligence, and they communicate in the spirit way (via thoughts/energy). They can understand your thoughts and intentions toward them. Address them in your thoughts, tell them you love them and that they are beautiful (plants LOVE being told they are beautiful - they put a lot of effort into their appearance!). Invite them to try to communicate any needs they have to you so you can fulfil them, and try to follow any intuition you may feel about how to care for your plants. They also love to be gently touched and stroked. And try to avoid killing anything in your garden if you can avoid it. Whether or not it is something humans consider a "weed", this upsets them and they will feel less safe and trusting with you.

Gardens are always spiritual havens of healing energy, but the environment of love and happiness this kind of relationship with nature creates draws even more of the most joyful spirits. Good luck with your garden.

You took all the words right out of my mouth! It's sooo nice to meet other people who know these truths about plants and trees... hugs and have a nice Easter :-)
Old 23-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Ascender

So I started my garden today I bought a garden gnome as well and I'm wondering if they cause bad luck? And if they need extra care?