Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Protection

Just finished reading David Ashworths book Dance with the Devil in which he outlines the dangers of not protecteing ourselves as healers. He also says that as we develop we open ourselves up to the attention of darker forces/energies that are attracted to our brighter auric fields. These can come from energy attachment from patients, buildings, and other sources, hence the need for protection. I protect myself with symbols and other methods during treatments, but Im wondering whether to be more on guard in my everyday dealings now that Im about to be attuned for my advanced level. Thoughts anyone?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Free_Spirit1983

I used to use all sorts of methods, crystals, symbols etc...

For me now it's my intention that keeps me protected.. I know if I keep my intentions pure, with love then the heavy energies can't fuse with that. For me it's the best method of protection.

I do reiki and shamanic healing so I also do a lot of work with other practitioners.. We carry out healings for each other to keep ourselves clear and also stay balanced so we can be more present with clients and their issues aren't going to trigger or distract us..

x
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Interesting Free Spirit1983. I too get the occasional healing off fellow practitioners and they from me too. I find its a good way to bond as a healing 'group' and discuss ideas etc. It was a practioner that lent me the book. I can understand how powerful intention on its own is.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Master

I'm incredibly attractive to negative entities. It drives me to grrr.

I've come to learn the importance of daily meditation and also grounding and popping myself in a bubble of light so that negative "stuff" scoots off. It's getting better and easier.

My healer describes me as very porous - like a sponge and that sort of helps as I can visualise my energetic field as such - and it makes me know that it needs sealing - a sort of energetic creosote but not so brutal in it's element.

I also pay attention to energies - and ask them if they are me or from someone else. They are strangely obedient and honest. From others, I send them into the ground for processing and for mother earth to do her stuff. For those that belong to me, I treat different as there is a learning.

My healing is very very limited at the mo but you do not want to pass on someone else's energy to another - which I think could be very very possible if you are not careful - as well as being destructive to you.
Old 30-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Azeizar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I'm incredibly attractive to negative entities. It drives me to grrr.

I've come to learn the importance of daily meditation and also grounding and popping myself in a bubble of light so that negative "stuff" scoots off. It's getting better and easier.

My healer describes me as very porous - like a sponge and that sort of helps as I can visualise my energetic field as such - and it makes me know that it needs sealing - a sort of energetic creosote but not so brutal in it's element.

I also pay attention to energies - and ask them if they are me or from someone else. They are strangely obedient and honest. From others, I send them into the ground for processing and for mother earth to do her stuff. For those that belong to me, I treat different as there is a learning.

My healing is very very limited at the mo but you do not want to pass on someone else's energy to another - which I think could be very very possible if you are not careful - as well as being destructive to you.

You are right. As for I am also a healer and just recently started training on my powers. It's been just three days since I felt a strong awakening and already met a strong spirit willing to attach to me. Didn't do much about it but seems like I have more space of my own now. I was strongly recommended to get myself a talisman or two. The talisman will pick his master so it might take a while until you find yours. I am also on the search of mines and I can say it is really hard for me. Because I easily overtake them. My friend is a witch and gave me her ring to see how I am progressing on my senses and it immediately bonded with me. She had to rip the ring from my hands for I couldn't myself.
Good luck and find peace :)
Old 30-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Azeizar

BTW, be careful with your words near people because the power it has is very strong and it is still out of our (beginners) control :)