Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Kay
But, if I don't label myself how will I answer questions that have to do with my religion? I'm not a very independent person, nor am I a social butterfly, but I kinda enjoy CERTAIN labels like my religion. But if its recommended I can go with it I guess.

Thank you for your help, Seawolf!
You're welcome! I think New Age is a good label since you are mixing different religions.

Some people will want you to not believe in Christianity and will try to tell you how bad it is. Also there are Christians that will want you to believe only in Christianity. Just be strong and don't engage with people that tell you what you should do, only you can decide that.
Old 18-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Master

That's a difficult q - I think there are massive overlaps between christianity and shamanism and whilst i was brought up and still love a lot about Christianity, it no longer resonates for me. Plus Shamanism is thousands of years older than Christianity.

I sometimes wonder about Jesus, was he a herbalist? A reiki master? A shaman? Certainly a shaman has the power to bring someone back from the dead - should they wish to be brought back. By and large, they don't.

So, look for overlaps. The teachings of Jesus in their raw form are beautiful but deeply misunderstood in many ways. And many words of the bible are just lovely and comforting - at least for me with their familiarity.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:14 AM
elisi

great spirit is just what the natives called him/her/it.

also the great mystery.

like the muslims call god, allah.

depends on the culture-pretty much means the same thing.

one source-many paths.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Well... you see I'm a Christian since birth. But I've started learning about Power Animals, Gaia, Shamanism, and thats what I've been doing for the past month. But the problem is... I noticed that they would say Great Spirit.
So I looked it up... is the Great Spirit god? And it turns out it is not God...
Then I freaked out a bit and I looked up is Christianity is compatible with Shamanism!?

It isn't because Shamanism is honoring many gods, but Christianity is honoring only one god. I don't want to stop believing in god and angels... And I don't want to stop believing in Gaia and all these other spirits.

If I went to Heaven would he accept me in if I wasn't completely believing in him and only him? Could I believe in all of these gods and goddesses at once.... I don't know any other Religions and haven't studied them. Anyone willing to help me with this because I'm freaking out a bit here

EDIT: I didn't know where to put this so I stuck it here ~.~
I look at it this way, your belief in God is like a raft and that raft has carried you to new shores. You leave it and even thank it and move on.
As a side note, shamanism was without a doubt the most exciting time of my life.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:38 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Well... you see I'm a Christian since birth. But I've started learning about Power Animals, Gaia, Shamanism, and thats what I've been doing for the past month. But the problem is... I noticed that they would say Great Spirit.
Then I freaked out a bit and I looked up is Christianity is compatible with Shamanism!?

It isn't because Shamanism is honoring many gods, but Christianity is honoring only one god. I don't want to stop believing in god and angels... And I don't want to stop believing in Gaia and all these other spirits.

If I went to Heaven would he accept me in if I wasn't completely believing in him and only him? Could I believe in all of these gods and goddesses at once.... I don't know any other Religions and haven't studied them. Anyone willing to help me with this because I'm freaking out a bit here

Let yourself explore many paths as I have done and then you can connect and be one with it all as it was intended...to be in you..:)

I work with all paths in my work and every day connections. In the whole its all connected.

In trust of you and your choices of path, you learn to listen and trust that you know what you want to connect too.

That is your truth and that is why you are here.

:)
Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
So.. If I go half Christian and Half Shamanic, my religion could be just
"New Age Religion" As in if someone asks my religion I could just say that?
o:
Sorry for my questions but its new to me :3

If you wanted to become a Christian shaman, you'll become a priest!

But being shamanic is very Old Age (knowledge, rather than religion).

Old 15-07-2014, 01:59 PM
StaroftheSea

Why not ask Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit from your heart

Why not ask Jesus/God yourself Bunny Kay through His Prayer that He left you in both His Old Testament and Jesus' New Testament - the "Our Father" prayer - the oldest prayer that God our Creator gave to us all through the ages...to pray from our hearts while trusting in Him.

Kindest wishes
Old 15-07-2014, 02:18 PM
elisi

Quote:

although the word 'shaman' is commonly associated with native americans, it has origin in siberia. but na's do call god 'great spirit' or creator.

it is all a matter of belief-when you've grown up one way you tend to think other ways are not 'right'.

gaia is mother earth. the native americans honored her-that didn't erase their belief in creator. they recognized creator was in all things.

i can tell you what i believe but that won't help you-you need to feel comfortable in your own path. but i can say that if one is a good person-trying to be the best person they can be-since the purpose is to evolve spiritually, then that's ok.

that probably doesn't help you. lol
Old 15-07-2014, 02:19 PM
elisi

i just noticed what silent whisperer said about it's all connected. yes! one source, many paths. you have to find the right path for yourself.
Old 28-07-2014, 01:10 AM
BuekerC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Most people that are New Age don't call themselves New Age. You don't have to call yourself anything if don't want to, you can just have beliefs and not think about what it's called, it doesn't really matter imo. When I go to jury duty I say New Age because that's what I am.

Indigo children rarely self-identify as well.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchretism
Syncretism /ˈsɪŋkrətɪzəm/ is the combining of different, often seemingly contradictory beliefs, while melding practices of various schools of thought. Syncretism involves the merger and analogizing of several originally discrete traditions, especially in the theology and mythology of religion, thus asserting an underlying unity and allowing for an inclusive approach to other faiths.

Pick the belief systems that serve you the most. Select the belief systems that allow you to experience the most amount of freedom and joy; this often involves service unto others.