Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-03-2013, 02:29 PM
TeeHee

What does this statement tell us about God?

1 John 1:5

Quote:
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

What is John saying about the nature of the Father, and Jesus Christ, whom Christians worship? What are some characteristics of the light and also the darkness?
Old 18-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Interesting, because I see it as self evident.
I mean, it says right there, God is (L)ight.

This is not metaphoric...only to those that have not seen Light, His Light, Divine Light, the
Inner Light, the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world, the light if thine eye
is single thy whole body is full of....might think of it as metaphorical.

Anyone that has a pea sized knowledge of quantum physics and Einstein
would also know at the root of everything is light...We are slowed down light.
In Him is no darkness...try being in His Light...there is no darkness...what else is there to say about that? I'm sure plenty, ha!

Where is this Light? Have I seen this Light? Yes, it is when your eye
becomes single, Third Eye, Seat of the Soul and you go within in stillness...it's
there when the mind quiets and your intent is pure.
Kingdom of God within? I'll say.

But, alas, this isn't taught in the West...seek and you will find, tho....it's all within and this culture doesn't foster that...but a few make it upstream.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
1 John 1:5

What is John saying about the nature of the Father, and Jesus Christ, whom Christians worship? What are some characteristics of the light and also the darkness?
To me it means that if you consider yourself spiritual or religious, there should be light in your life. One of the most important areas for it is in our relationships with each other. If we have anger towards family members or people who are different, then the light needs to go there. If we have prejudice against certain groups then the light needs to go into that darkness. For instance, it's common for people in New Age to be against Christianity, and for Christians to be against New Age. They are the same in that they each believe they have the light, yet are still in darkness when the individual holds on to popular resentments. This isn't easy either, we're raised to identify with and cling to groups. We adopt their beliefs about 'outside' groups, creating an 'us' and 'them' scenario.

Show the light in how you relate to your family and friends, and the people you hate. That's where the light is shown. We often think highly of ourselves and our beliefs, yet can't see that we have hate inside.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:32 AM
StaroftheSea

That God (being all Love and Light) would never be able to 'allow' any Darkness in the Kingdom of Heaven at all; that is the way God created Heaven and it is the way it has to be ie no stains remaining on our Souls unforgiven, no Souls thinking or leaning towards darkness, no darkness going into Heaven at all; only God's Love and Light in our Souls to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

One of the reasons we must ask Jesus' forgiveness regularly for our sins and of course pray for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory;

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son Jesus, in Union with the Masses said throughout the World today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners through the 'Universal Church' those within my own Family and in my own home, Amen.

Love and Peace
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Master
Light has been discovered by science to carry information. Light, to be full of Light which God is, God is Light means God is Full Awareness. To be fully awake and aware is the opposite of being asleep and ignorant.

Darkness is Ignorance, unconsciousness, and Sleeping state.

Thus the Bible says that Jesus told his disciples to be AWAKE during his trial in Gethsemane. They fell "asleep" and he was very angry with them. Why? Because if they were awake and aware they would understand that he NEEDED to go through the Crucifixion. Their external sleeping was the physical result of spiritually falling asleep.

Satan which is negative and selfish energy is ignorant, unconscious, asleep, dead to the world, illusionary, false, error, etc.

In Carl Jung's study of pyschology he made many allusions of Ignorance/Satan to the collective unconsciousness of humanity. It is the unawareness of things because to be AWARE is to understand and to understand is to be wise, accepting, and loving.

Its all about Awareness, the Christ Consciousness.