Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Master

HIPPY'S!

I aways took the word 'hippy' as a compliment hahaha... how naive of me!

Recently I have correlated the word to mean to other's to mean "naive", living in a fantasy land... not based in reality ect.

People often say things like " I was a hippy once but... xyz happened and now I live in reality"
"Now I am just like the rest of them, playing the game".

I've met hippies who play the game and I've met "reformed hippies" who also play the game.

Somehow I decided to be authentic but suspicious folk seem to form the perception that I am also playing the game... perhaps I am... perhaps we all are to some degree... but... mostly I just feel like
A delinquint drop out
Old 01-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Master

P.S always subconsciously trying to be different I realise my error of the plural 'Hippy's'... not hippies!
Shhh... grammer is for punks! LOL.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Eelco

I've been called a post punk hippie once.
Not sure how to spall that now..

With Love
Eelco
Old 01-05-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm an old hippie and proud of it...meaning...I'm into health foods,
spirituality, things are meant to be fun,
remain mellow, be accepting of others instead of trying to make them think
as you do; the, "That's cool", attitude... into nature and the simple life of not accumulating 'toys'....
the simpler the better...the whole idea that
riches do not make you happy...et cetera.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I've been called a post punk hippie once.
Not sure how to spall that now..

With Love
Eelco

That is an excellent combination of terms
I used to get called a Gothic hippy as a teenager LOL not sure how that works... I was a happy goth though!

Yessss Miss H, I tend to like to play the mellow role and let others just speak as they are..well I do now days, it hasn't always been the case - shock and horror LOL. Even silence makes them think apparently though I am finding - I feel as they they begin to try and justify things to me although I never asked them too.

I may need to remind myself to shield myslef as it all becomes a bit taxing after some time!
Old 01-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Newbie ;)

I have something to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm an old hippie and proud of it...meaning...I'm into health foods,
spirituality, things are meant to be fun,
remain mellow, be accepting of others instead of trying to make them think
as you do; the, "That's cool", attitude... into nature and the simple life of not accumulating 'toys'....
the simpler the better...the whole idea that
riches do not make you happy...et cetera.
I really appreciate your Hippie way of living.But I have a question to ask have you ever thought about the game played by the 5 senses of the body look,feel,hear,taste and smell don't you think most of the items in the world are similar but it is just the modification of awareness.What do you think about this my friend.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Master
im still bt of puknk i am i still luv clofs i do frm era

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 01-05-2017, 10:03 PM
Lorelyen

Interesting.

The word derives more from drug use - opiates, where people would lie on their sides and get sore hips from using heroine/opium.

But if it's come to mean "naive" that's a great shame. My mum was a self-proclaimed hippy (though I suspect a weekend one only!) She would say that the hippies were switched on people, anti-establishment, most had expanded their consciousness by one means or another (LOL not allowed to discuss that here!). I succumbed to the same "act" (I suppose!) and sheesh, was THAT an awakening. They never used cosmetics, let their hair grow long, attended to diet and health - and in that era you saw the seeds of the New Spirituality, the import of Hindu ideas etc., and feminism (she was of the Greer school though she didn't burn her bras so she told me, as she's pretty heavy chested!) They were all very "natural" in their way, wore microskirts and in the winter, trousers which weren't considered chic for women until Mary Quant came on the scene.

Naive? Well, she's a successful businesswoman. shrewd, difficult to put a bluff on her. I sometimes think that I get on well with her because like her, I'm a free spirit (in the regular use of the words)

So, sad to hear it has this new meaning.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Lorelyen

^^^ The idea could be promulgated by the establishment via the media because it really doesn't want that "episode" again.

The hippy culture of 1960+ shows what happens when spirituality threatens the establishment: in they come to stamp it out - so one has to guard against that happening with new age / current spirituality. The moment it threatens it has to go (unless you're talking about the standard religions in which case they're either part of the establishment such as Roman Christianity, or tolerated like Buddhism because it isn't going to do any harm....yet).

So....could it be the media trying to ridicule it, as long ago it did Crowley who deliberately chose the word Magic(k) so that, ridiculed, no one would take him seriously and leave him alone. Setting up his Temple of Thelema might have raised a few eyebrows so he went to Cefalù on Sicily to do that. The Victorians had their limits!!

Old 02-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramateiti
I really appreciate your Hippie way of living
.But I have a question to ask have you ever thought about the game played by the 5 senses of the body look,feel,hear,taste and smell don't you think most of the items in the world are similar but it is just the modification of awareness.What do you think about this my friend.
I don't understand 'modification of awareness'...so sorry...so my response may not
satisfy you.
Do I know that in the E-m Spectrum, say, it were drawn out 6 inches
with gamma rays, x-rays, radio waves, uhf waves, etc....our puny little area that we can
experience with our senses is say an 1/8th of an inch...why a DOG hears more than we do ...and eagle sees farther!
And with these puny receptors of such a small piece of the electro-magnetic spectrum we think we know so much...even have the ability to
judge anything!

As far as most 'items being similar in the world'....what items?
You mean that thing called a table that only appears as a table to our receptors, but is really 99.9% empty space?
Only a fool thinks their ceiling and walls are real...all dreamstuff, my friend...but I feel you know that ...
Oh...
Did I just go off on a rant? Ha, I did.

Game? It's all Lila...all a Cosmic Epic Play...the Divine Romance...if
your eyes are open you are looking at what is not real...or better said..
not what it appears to be...God...the Cosmic Shapeshifter.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru