Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ah i see. so what's the big deal? thoughts and imagination don't reality make. i guess this whole topic is so lacking in pragmatic function that it makes no sense to me.

**bows out**

Indeed it is entirely meaningless and doesn't matter one iota, and as the ponderance is the flow on inane conjecture so to are conclusions drawn.

Fact is... one might have knowledge (ie experience) of the thought which is formless but imagines this is 'what we really are' calls it the 'I thought' or 'the aware space' thus has a incredible resistance to recognizing the thought is the space or vice versa.

What witnesses the apple also witnesses the thought, be it a space, imaginary, or falling on Newton's head, so all these three have no inherant difference but are experienced differently... all can be collectively be called experience.

What does experience... the intelligence which cognizes... it might be awake and walking or perhaps it dreams at night or enters emptiness of zen or falls into deep sleep. It just remains as experience comes and goes.

Like you are before your life and during your life and after your life, and none of it matters so much as it is impermanant, temporal, changing, coming and going while behind it all is the consciousness which is fast asleep or observing the space/dream/solid thingy.

Concluding by sayiing ... to be pragmatic is to smile... it makes you look more beautiful. That is sensible.
Old 13-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Master
din - what is a thought? ... the only way to answer that is with another thought

True and when you asked it i immediately thought 'Tzu already answered that' lol ...

din - how about pure potentiality itself? this is the unmanifested potential

How about It? .. all potential is pure in essence is it not?
Potential to _____________________ (fill in the blank) ...

din - in my opinion, it's probably 99.99999 % bigger than the manifested potential ... but numbers are just more limitations ... lets not limit ourselves with these limitations

And you didnt bother to edit after that realization lol j/k ... What we dont 'see' as manifested here may manifest in some other 'way' ... that space you often reflect on has lots of unbounded potential you know ...

Last edited by sound : 13-03-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 13-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
where do you suppose physical reality comes from?

could that just be another thought you're thinking?

and this separation between physical reality and inner reality, isn't that an interesting perception?

What is interesting here is that first you suggest there is no physical reality (i.e. that it is just a thought) and then in the next sentence you acknowledge a physical reality.

If there is such thing as 'thought' then I would say that thought is part of the physical reality. It makes no sense to me to acknowledge the actuality of thought (which you are happy to do) and then deny the actuality of a physical reality in which thought manifests. I see why you do it....you are trying to actually become the aware space. Its a futile effort though because you are both finite and infinite, unlimited potential and limited potential, human and spirit. You cannot escape the individuality of your perception and experience.

Ponder this din.....when you go to a grocery store, why dont you just take what you want without paying? Why dont you take what you want from others? What is stopping you from taking from little old ladies? Is it just the law of the land? Or on some level do you actually have some respect for individuality? Do you recognize on some level that all is one and therefore hurting another is hurting yourself?
Old 13-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Ivy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja22rosWlAU

cheeky smiles ;-)
Old 13-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx

I don't do Nally.
Old 13-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Master
Ponder this! ...
http://wn.com/Bird_Steals_Crisps_Out_Of_Store
Old 13-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
What is interesting here is that first you suggest there is no physical reality (i.e. that it is just a thought) and then in the next sentence you acknowledge a physical reality.

Is physical reality the experience of physicality?

Quote:
If there is such thing as 'thought' then I would say that thought is part of the physical reality. It makes no sense to me to acknowledge the actuality of thought (which you are happy to do) and then deny the actuality of a physical reality in which thought manifests. I see why you do it....you are trying to actually become the aware space. Its a futile effort though because you are both finite and infinite, unlimited potential and limited potential, human and spirit. You cannot escape the individuality of your perception and experience.

The above expresses thought so I see no reason to 'if'.

Quote:
Ponder this din.....when you go to a grocery store, why dont you just take what you want without paying? Why dont you take what you want from others? What is stopping you from taking from little old ladies? Is it just the law of the land? Or on some level do you actually have some respect for individuality? Do you recognize on some level that all is one and therefore hurting another is hurting yourself?

All is one kinda negates the individual somewhat, but people do tend to attempt to make everything one, or as we individualize experience (memory) and perceive namable objects (differences), many.

However individuality is existant in the formative (only by way of comparison) but not in the formless (which is actually a comparison too, but not a definition)... call I and I or whatever.

The word individual is literal, and the fundamental of it is two is not distinguistable from one, so one may experience duality as truthfully as one experiences onenessness, and there it is quite blatant and obvious in all experience... neither is ultimately true and both occur... so we arrive at all is one which isn't different to saying it's a dual comparison. 'One interaction' is quite the contradiction.

We can say the self which experiences that is prior to that experience so is neither one nor dual nor individual thus remains unamed and devoid of quality where being or not being is quite irrelevant as one just simply accepts existence as the experience as it happens to be.

It is strange that there is no-one thinking there... it only seems to be, as attention is directed upon an object physical or abstract and observes a belief that object is thinking or perhaps that object stops thinking in zen meditation... but actually the attention is directed away from that object and the other objects and the object of belief the former object thinks thus desists entirely paying attention to such objects... or perhaps just focuses attention on a single object (no different to two) and from that initial 'space' not is the only direction for attention... thus we say 'we are really the space' etc etc... but there is no final conclusion one can retain ... so just as duality is not possible to hold nor is oneness... and is and is not have no foundational basis... thus it is said 'just be'... but as all I say is one and individual with equal validity... So we make effort by directing our attention to the woodpile and all the other aspects of experience which in our life must be kept orderly and maintained...
Old 13-03-2011, 11:03 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
no i dont. and your philosophizing for it's own sake. i can even sense from out here your malicious intent.
Well, the bolded portion of your statement is obviously 'absolute'.. you say you sense my "malicious intent", it is my 'intent' to reduce ambiguity in Spirituality.. i'm curious as why you interpret that as "malicious".. we, you and i, have difficulties communicating, which i believe originates from previous encounters where you were offended when i try to figure-out the appropriate resolutions to ambiguities you have posted.. there's no ill-intent in my aversion to ambiguity, it's just another step closer to clarity.. it's unfortunate that you believe i have "malicious intent", it is not the actuality..

Be well..
Old 13-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't do Nally.

ah..well I am in the midst of essay writing...so the little humour was a sip of freshly squeezed orange juice in the mellay of thinkers that surround me....if thats ok sir?
Old 13-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Well, the bolded portion of your statement is obviously 'absolute'.. you say you sense my "malicious intent", it is my 'intent' to reduce ambiguity in Spirituality.. i'm curious as why you interpret that as "malicious".. we, you and i, have difficulties communicating, which i believe originates from previous encounters where you were offended when i try to figure-out the appropriate resolutions to ambiguities you have posted.. there's no ill-intent in my aversion to ambiguity, it's just another step closer to clarity.. it's unfortunate that you believe i have "malicious intent", it is not the actuality..

Be well..

I get that alot.