Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-10-2010, 09:50 PM
arive nan

I'm mostly deeply afraid that I might never have a healthy, long term, mutually loving relationship.

Other than that I'm afraid of making mistakes while at work or while driving (I am in a constant state of intense anxiety while working or driving), annoying people, hurting people, being hurt by people, being judged negatively by other people, losing loved ones to death or conflict, ghosts (I don't know if I've ever actually encountered one, but when I sense a presence I literally run to my room and hide under the covers (I am 28 years old and the last time I did this was a few weeks ago)), social awkwardness, aging (it terrifies me altogether, everything about it), losing my health, losing my teeth, sustaining an injury that will bankrupt me because I can't afford health insurance, losing my mind, losing my belongings, being drafted into war, civil war erupting in my country, police officers, ... I'll stop now... You get the idea. Most things frighten me.
Old 31-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Knower

Silvergirl, I was humbled by your post. There are no words I can find I'm afraid so I send my love to you

Arive Nan - do you feel constantly exhaused by carrying such a lot of anxiety?
Old 31-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Master
My deepest fear is being physically hurt or murdered by someone, all my life I have drawn people to me that put me in a situation where I feared for my life, such as rap, a knife held to my neck, a knife held to my back, I was shot by someone on the highway just out of town and left to nearly die by a male nurse when I had cancer, but other than that I'm fine.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Master
this is a great thread! I have many the biggest seem to be loosing control and failing and of course loosing the ones i love.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:05 PM
arive nan

It is exhausting. I use various methods to reduce the anxiety, and it works to some extent. On the other hand, some fears just get worse as time goes by in spite of everything. So I have to keep getting braver to match it. I figure it's partly just one of this life's lessons. When you need to learn bravery the universe provides you with fear and such.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Knower

Do you know the source of the fear? Do you share them? (apart from on here of course). I admire you for sharing your fears so much.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:15 PM
arive nan

There are people in my life who know about my anxiety problems. I think part of the source is a chemical imbalance, though that might not be at the very root of it. I think it could be that when I was very young I didn't feel secure because I perceived too early on in life that everything is impermanent and the things that are important to me could be lost.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Leah85

I am afraid...
»» That I didn't live up to my full potential,
»» That I missed opportunities that might never come up again,
»» That I have a physical/mental limitating disease
»» That I never have a family of mine
»» That I have a partner and kids and they die leaving me alone
»» That I don't reach professional and personal/emotional self-realization
»» That I don't find my way after physical death

Yes those are a lot of fears some of them stupid I know but... they scare me
Old 31-10-2010, 10:20 PM