Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-07-2014, 07:04 PM
KindredSpirits

Book1 Development

Wondering if any of you might want to share your path of development. To be more clear, assuming you were born with the ability to communicate with Spirit, how did you hone that ability? Or for you, did it all just come naturally? I ask this because several years ago, I was very open and was in the right place in life to further develop, I allowed some things to hold me back and I believed that my abilities had gone a bit dormant, just in that they didn't appear as prominent. With the exception of empathy, I am highly empathic and learning to control it so that I release and ask for healing, rather than harbor.

I feel like rather than approach them with fear, I am finally at a point in life where I am truly ready to embrace them and share them to help others, in doing so, helping myself as well.

I don't recall ever having met my guides, though I have asked. On the two occasions that someone came through, I believed it was in my mind and not necessarily a separate party speaking to me. My guess is that if you are a very skeptical person, as I am, that doubting oneself is fairly common.

Does anyone have any insight after reading this, or perhaps just general advice, your experience etc.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Brocade

Hi
I am in a very similar situation like you. I know I have always had these abilities ever since I was little. I remember one incident when I found a prayer book in our church.I was like 9 years old. I took it home with me because I liked how old it was. Automatically, I just knew it used to belong to an old gentleman - I saw him clearly in my mind (he was passed). I also felt that he didn't like my having taken the book home with me. He disapproved.
Anyway, a few years back, I had to stop my work on my abilities because life got in the way big time. Now, I am trying to get back in the "mediumship groove" and I feel my abilities have dwindled a littlebit.

There is hope, however. I have found out that even though it feels like my abilities are not as strong as they used to be, it could be just an illusion. Every time I do a reading and try to connect to spirits, I do. I see them clearly in my mind. It takes almost no effort at all on my part - just an intention. It's really interesting - it's almost as if it all shifted into a different level.

I believe we have to re-learn to trust our intuition and our inner sight again. That's what we lost , not our abilities.

What do you think KindredSpirits?
Old 06-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindredSpirits
I don't recall ever having met my guides, though I have asked. On the two occasions that someone came through, I believed it was in my mind and not necessarily a separate party speaking to me. My guess is that if you are a very skeptical person, as I am, that doubting oneself is fairly common.

Does anyone have any insight after reading this, or perhaps just general advice, your experience etc.

The meditation DVD I did made sure to tell you NOT to discount what you saw/felt/heard during this meditation to find your guides. And it was valuable, as I did question, and was sure I'd picked up the "Native American guy" (right!) from TV or somewhere else.

Just record what you see/feel/hear and don't judge. Then let it sit with you for a while and things will begin to come through.

Lora
Old 06-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Master
Hi,

I find that we need to put our skills to use for them to evolve. Without practice they will become weaker.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-07-2014, 06:20 PM
KindredSpirits

Thank you all for your advice. Brocade, it sounds like we have a great deal in common. I appreciate you sharing your story.

IsleWalker, that is an important tip to remember. How will I ever relay messages if I am in the habit of doubting? Perhaps better to be wrong and have tried. Time to step out of my comfort zone. FYI-That Native American guide hits home for me too, very odd!

John, that makes perfect sense, a skill just like any other, if unused will become rusty.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 AM
RNbyday

Like you, I have let fear hold me back. I actually blocked out my abilities (save empathy) for years. After losing my son, and a few years later my husband, they began coming back. The last year, and more so the last four months, they have been quite literally "knocking at my door".
Late one night when I was full of anxiety (Spirit) and unable to sleep, I started researching how to develop my abilities safely and without fear. I came across a blog that addressed all my questions, like she could read my mind! I started taking a distance mediumship course which has been wonderful. I am only 5 classes in and I am amazed and shocked at how quickly it is happening. Prior to the course starting I read as many books as I could soaking up information. And I listen to a sleep learning system for clairvoyance almost every night.
Old 19-07-2014, 08:31 AM
MMM

years of development
months of doubt
dozens of courses (most week long)
thousands of dollars spent
and i'm still growing

you still want to do this?
Old 19-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Xenophilia

I've had them since I was a little kid, but back then I just thought I had a lot of imaginary friends. When I hit my teen years I, well I actually tried to avoid being open to spirit and would do anything I could to make people stop trying to contact me. It was wrong, but I was young, well younger, and scared of the voices that would speak to me at all hours of the day or night. At some point I just had to accept that was who I was, and in time I became much more open and will channel through messages.