Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 10-06-2014, 04:19 AM
4everLove

Ouija Board

So I have read stories about it because it's interesting, BUT I have NEVER nor do I EVER plan on using one! I do not believe this is the safest way to contact spirits (actually the fact of mediumship terrifies me...I had weird experiences at night as a kid. Anywho, my mom has used it growing up and always blesses the house, meditates for good, and lights sage. She has never had a bad experience by doing this, but I still won't use one. Just want to know experiences. I know anything can come through and it's not something to mess with. WHat do you think?
Old 10-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Guide
Well I don't have an experience. I did it once with a friend but nothing really happened. From what I read though I don't think the
ouija board is inherently evil or dangerous. I think it's more that it's a very common medium to contact spirits and most people do
it without knowledge and sometimes for fun/as a joke. Contacting spirits when you have no knowledge or even respect of it is
never a good idea. I really don't think a ouija board is the reason for the evil though.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:15 AM
elisi

i'm in my 60's and i read tarot, work with energy, crystals, etc. but i would never, never use a ouiji board.

i've known too many people who did and really nasty things happened. somehow it's a different tool-definately not a toy.

it seems to open a door that negative entities can enter.

i can only speak from my experience. if others have used it and nothing happened...then you've been lucky.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Master

I have read threads that talk about the board and they say it is harmless and nothing bad will happen provided you protect yourself or perhaps they do not need to protect themselves. I played the board when I was a teenager. I am now 54 years old. Nothing bad happened but I felt scared. I will never touch a ouiji board. Thinking about it gives me the creeps. There has to be a better way than that.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Experiencer
I think that if you put "ouiji board" in this forum's search, you'll find more threads with people's experience on this. It'll be complimentary to the experiences people will post on your thread. The last one I remember, a person was worried for their daughter because she started hearing voices after playing with the board. She needed lots of work to recover from the experience.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Master
I agree with what elisi, astral suzy, Fairyana have said. Don't know if I'd call the board evil, but I'd say it can be dangerous.

Please have a glance through this thread about my niece's experience with the ouija board...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ht=ouija+niece
Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Master
My understanding of the Ouija Board is that it is like using the internet without a fire wall.

Mediums can gauge what the energy is they are dealing with and can access all the same energy as a Ouija Board but they also work very hard to keep the less desirable energies away. People playing with a Ouija board just get what they get.
Old 13-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Ascender
I use the ouija board often my spirit realm protecter is pressent at all times when board is in use.
I say a prayer before use of board and after and warn that any bad spirits try to get through will be delt with by my spirit protecter.
Ive had many spirits come through this way and i found out about a past life this way brilliant suff ouija board.
Old 13-06-2014, 05:59 AM
swisscub

From early school days on, the occult (that's where I rank an Ouija board, because it's not spiritual at all to me) has interested me, way before the spiritual side in me awoke.

I was into magic, wizards and witches, burning incense sticks and reading about spells, ghosts and ouija boards that let you tap into their world.

I've used an Ouija board several times, but I don't do it anymore. Not because something negative happened to me or any of the participants I've used it with, but simply because - you don't get much out of it (in MY experience!).

It does work, and you can establish a connection with the spirit world, but they have NOTHING to teach you, that will bring you any bit forward on your spiritual path. The beings you contact there are the deceased souls of former human beings that haven't found their way into the light yet (as for my own experience you can't contact angels nor ascended masters via the Ouija). So these spirits won't be able to "enlighten" you much, nor will they be able to give you much helpful information. If it's your own spiritual path you'd like to expand with the use of an Ouija board, then I'd suggest you'd look for other, better-fitting techniques and methods to do this, than with the help of an Ouija board.

If you insist on talking to one these spirits though, then you sure will get that with the help of an Ouija board (btw, in my experience it never worked on my own, only with at least one other person), but you need to make sure you're always protected, you know what you're doing, and one other thing is sure too: you will NEVER be able to tell what can or is about to happen if one (or more) are coming through...

It's low-energy ghosts, and like the people they were when they were still alive in a human body, some will mean you good, some will mean you bad, and some will just be ridiculous and try to mock you. Just make sure you're aware of that.

Helpful tips:

- Positive Thoughts usually attracts positive beings (that's no guarantee though!)

- Always remain kind and respectful (and make sure the people you're doing it with are in a similar mood: happy and content for example. Depressed and sad are REALLY no good conditions to join in on an Ouija board séance)

- Think of your own small ritual how you want to clearly START the session, and how you'll END it. It's necessary to keep this in mind and inform the spirit world that you're about to come, and to go now. Just like you'd tell a friend at their house that you're about to leave now, and don't just leave.

- Don't challenge to ask for questions that you might regret once you get the answer (best to make a list of things). Be aware that these spirits can joke with you - and you might take an answer seriously. So don't take any "helpful advise" nor should you ask for them really.

- You can't control an Ouija board - think of it like a train ride where you and your friends can sit in it and experience a ride, but you won't be able to steer where it'll go and who the other passengers might be that you might bump into on your journey. :)

- Clean(se) the room/place before AND after the use of an Ouija Board. There's several methods how to do this. Most come in form of a small prayer, some extended versions incl. techniques such as "smudging" etc. (I generally love to smudge to put new energies in and around of me, it's very cleansing and lights up new energies... GOOD energies! :))

And last but not least:

- If you're not experienced yourself, and something should not "disconnect" properly after you finish the use with the Ouija board, I'd highly suggest you seek the help of a local medium that can assist you cut any spirit attachments and cleanse the room/place and the people that took part in the séance. Please don't be too shy (or stupid) to ask for help.

Generally, I'd suggest for someone who's never used an Ouija Board before to just leave it. Yes you might get your kicks, and I sure did get mine too at the time, but like I said, if you try to expand your spiritual horizon, this is the lowest of all methods, as it won't really "teach you", or "inspire you", or "help you in any life situations". So if you decide to use it, then I urge you to not use it for any of these things.

So that's just my two cents about the topic! Hope it gave you some insight, and please feel free to PM me if you have any personal questions about this.
Old 13-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisscub
Generally, I'd suggest for someone who's never used an Ouija Board before to just leave it. Yes you might get your kicks, and I sure did get mine too at the time, but like I said, if you try to expand your spiritual horizon, this is the lowest of all methods, as it won't really "teach you", or "inspire you", or "help you in any life situations". So if you decide to use it, then I urge you to not use it for any of these things.

Excellent advice in a nutshell , and the long version is very good too !

Thanks swisscub for your input !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction