Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Experiencer
The Holy Ghost???

I just had an experience where when i went to go pick up the bible to read a message, I felt a man standing behind me, I wasn't sure who this random man was but now I believe it could have been the Holy Ghost, can any one help me understand what the Holy Ghost is and if anyone has had any experience with the Holy Ghost, thank you :)
Old 25-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Seeker

I've had experiences with the Holy Spirit, but not as you've expressed. I have felt the presence of someone or something before though. Wish I could tell you what you've experienced. However if you're looking to know God - and feel the presence of the Holy Spirit- you can sincerely ask/pray and you could also attend a church that is a bit more free spirited such as a non denominational one or a babtist church.

Interesting experience though, especially because it happened when you went to the Bible. Did it belong to someone you know?
Old 26-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Experiencer
Hi RobinDawn, thank you for responding :) I do go to church and that is where I got this bible, from one of the girls that attend the church, it could have been anyone before that?? I was just wondering what the Holy Ghost represents to people and how it helps them??? I remember this verse " And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things" but thats all I really know :)
Old 26-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Experiencer
It is more likely to be Jesus
The Holy Ghost is incorporeal
Usually more like a breath
Or as an energetic presence inside of you
I have only ever heard of it taking a shape as the Holy Dove
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 26-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Experiencer
Hi Sandalwood okay thank you, maybe it was not the Holy Ghost then, I did hear a voice whisper in my ear telling me to read the message/verse, then I felt the man presence behind me as I was picking the bible up, It defiantly had a shape of a man :)
Old 26-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Seeker

That's pretty powerful faithy that you heard a whisper. What was the verse? Did you read it? Did it mean something to you?

My experience with the Holy Spirit has come during prayer and worship.
I would feel this warm fullness that wasn't something I'd experienced before. When people would touch or hug me they could feel it coming off me. And the other way was a sense of guidance of who to talk to or pray for. When I would follow this people would be healed or would later shared that I impacted their life in a major way.

I know others who have fallen to the floor in laughing fits or appeared to be passed out.
Old 30-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Suspended

IME, every ghost is the Holy Ghost, even Hitler's ghost. I have the Holy Ghost inside me. So if you were to ask someone like me, I'd say yes.