Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Life is a dream.

Sometimes and especially lately I feel that nothing is real, like I'm just dreaming all of this. Maybe I'm dead and don't know it. Maybe I'm not even real. Such wierd things happen all the time and it seems staged. People say and do wierd things. Like they're actors in a play. Am I just supposed to play along? All the spiritual experiences yet all the mediocrity, the mundane activities of life. It seems so surrel, so staged. Like I'm dreaming about writing this and the answers that I receive are just my subconscious. Somebody I love told me a dream I had. How did he know. Someone else, a seemingly boring person, tells me all the time things he couldn't know, in a joking way. The way life conspires to have me play the fool, a clown prancing around with all of my false pride as if everyone can't see right through me, see how pathetic I really am....but that's just part of it too....part of the dream. My friend told me a dream he had, yet it seemed so real to him, walking alone in the desert accompanied by two people one laughed and said "He doesn't know he's dead". I feel like that sometimes. When will I wake up. I go to other places sometimes when I astral project. Are the more real? They are different but I feel there is something more. I want to break out of here. I want to wake up. I want to be free.
Old 26-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyiris
The way life conspires to have me play the fool, a clown prancing around with all of my false pride as if everyone can't see right through me, see how pathetic I really am....
Hi. You're sharing a great secret of life, one I've lately been calling quantum spirituality. Spirit shapes life according to how the individual and the observer sees life. If one sees themselves as the fool, Spirit shapes the circumstances of their life in a way that allows them to fulfill that self-projection. If one believes they're pathetic, or that life is a pointless dream, Spirit will accommodate that as well, setting up life happenstances that confirm those beliefs. I happily play along because I know what's taking place in my life is what I myself initiated, for my own personal growth. The circumstances of life reveals my self-projections, which in turn allows me to see and learn what I need to change within, in order to bring change without. It's the incarnation dance, the soul ceilidh, the jig of life.
Old 27-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Guide
This feeling can be referred to as depersonalization and/or derealization. And, in general, periodic feelings of existential distress are quite natural. (We can thank existential distress for many great works of literature!)

It helps to remember that life is absurd. Illusory. I for one tend to view the physical world as like a photo-negative (a shadow; a grand palace turned inside-out) of the unfettered realm of spirit. It can feel extremely mundane, yes. And yet, when looking at it all from a birds-eye view, there does still seem to be some chaotic order within all of it-- some merry, lighthearted madness illuminating everything. And, you know, who is to say that the astral and those other realms are not equally surreal or "staged"? We are unconsciously staging things all of the time. We pretend and project and fall prey to our very own created illusions.

But, nobody is pathetic. Nobody who is waking up each day and putting one foot in front of the other (and taking the time to contemplate all this) is pathetic. It may seem like we're running in circles, but it's actually a spiral leading toward the center.
Old 27-05-2016, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Sometimes and especially lately I feel that nothing is real, like I'm just dreaming all of this. Maybe I'm dead and don't know it. Maybe I'm not even real. Such wierd things happen all the time and it seems staged. People say and do wierd things. Like they're actors in a play. Am I just supposed to play along? All the spiritual experiences yet all the mediocrity, the mundane activities of life. It seems so surrel, so staged. Like I'm dreaming about writing this and the answers that I receive are just my subconscious. Somebody I love told me a dream I had. How did he know. Someone else, a seemingly boring person, tells me all the time things he couldn't know, in a joking way. The way life conspires to have me play the fool, a clown prancing around with all of my false pride as if everyone can't see right through me, see how pathetic I really am....but that's just part of it too....part of the dream. My friend told me a dream he had, yet it seemed so real to him, walking alone in the desert accompanied by two people one laughed and said "He doesn't know he's dead". I feel like that sometimes. When will I wake up. I go to other places sometimes when I astral project. Are the more real? They are different but I feel there is something more. I want to break out of here. I want to wake up. I want to be free.
This is your Third Eye starting to open. You are beginning to see this so-called 'real world' for what it is. Depressing, isn't it?

I live more in the world of Spirit than this one too, but the challenge for me now is to integrate my own awareness with the universe realising it.

All the best on your journeys.
Old 27-05-2016, 03:40 AM
The self study book, "A Course In Miracles"...channeled by Jesus to
a woman...is ALL about this place being a dream.
I find it very liberating!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-05-2016, 03:59 AM
Master
Don't they say most of our suffering is overly identifying with this dream and dream roles?
Old 27-05-2016, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Don't they say most of our suffering is overly identifying with this dream and dream roles?
Or even the notion that it's only a dream to start with...

...and with your comment, another chink of my scattered energies has now rightfully found its place again. Thank you for that.

Old 27-05-2016, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
I want to break out of here. I want to wake up. I want to be free.

^ Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption), after crawling through 500 yards of foulness to freedom.
Old 27-05-2016, 04:48 AM
Suspended

Oh I LOVE the "Shawshank Redemption"! It's one of those movies I never get tired of watching...The scene where he finally emerges from the cesspit tunnel and into the river, and the rain...It's as if it's symbolic of him being Baptized and being reborn anew into a new life free from an unjustified imprisonment...
Old 27-05-2016, 05:13 AM
Suspended
Dream the best designed dream. Dream a designable dream here and after. Plan a precognition dream. That is a happy dream