Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Phaedron

Yes, I am familiar with this meaning of 7 too. There are some differences of opinion or different qualities in some of the Tarot to Numerology meanings too.

Like 5 in the Tarot is the Heirophant, and it fits me (based on the tarot handbook by Angeles Arrien) but not every lifepath 5, or it seems. And 7 is the Tarot is the Chariot. 6 is the lovers, but in numerology 6 doesn't necessarily indicate love, it indicates domestic responsibility.

7 is indeed a massive spiritual number. I remember finding some ariticles that listed a gazillion applications of 7 in the bible, and some other places. I believe it to be mystical, and the Tarot shows where it struggles and where weakpoints and bad psychological tendencies are likely to come up.

Finally, a number has different aspects and meaning depending on where it is, much like a sign does depending on which house it is in.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Master
Here's another difference in our views.

I was taught to see 6 as the Libra number where harmony, balance and charm hold sway.

And 5 can be viewed as the number of change and progress... moving out from the stability and traditional stance of 4.

Xan

Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Master
"if man is 5, then the Devil is 6, then God is 7.."

Pixies song. 'Monkey Gone to Heaven.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yHrEykOGpo
Old 12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Phaedron

No number is inherently of devils and fallen angels (except perhaps 666, 333 in unision, but NOT an original number (1-9) 15 is his number), and man is only 5 if he is nudered.

I said Libra would be 7 because it is the 7th sign, and there is no disagreement about 5, only perhaps additional meanings. It's the number I know most well.
Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra.
Old 13-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Master
As I see it, astrology and numerology are two different systems for understanding energies and their interactions, and have just a few coincidental overlaps.

Xan

Old 14-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Phaedron

I agree, Astrology and Numerology are two different systems. They do intersect in various ways, but it is something to keep in mind.

I have discovered something. The Major Arcana are the higher vibrations of the associated numbers. As I said a number differs upon where it is placed. Here are some easy examples:

5 is about ever changing freedom, a lack of discipline, and the freedom to make mistakes. In the Tarot it's about teaching and learning. 5 has the most trouble develop roots. The Tarot five is actually very family oriented and often assists others with inner work.

7 may often be associated with solitude, going inward, and spiritual things. The chariot shows a man riding on something built by man and being able to traverse anything, go in any direction with success.

So at first glance it may appear there are some contradictions, but I believe the Tarot meanings to represent the absolute best we would come to want.

It may also be said that numbers have a natural chain of command. To be illuminated as to their meaning and then follow it brings us insight. For example, 5 rules over 4, but 6 is it's superior officer. 5 will ultimately adhere to 6. 6 rules over 5, but 7 is it's superior officer. 7 rules over 6 and must ultimately adhere to 8, justice. And 8 shall adhere to 9, 9 shall adhere to 1.

In fact the superior number is everything we are seeking, and the number we rule over is everything we are trying to get away from. This is pretty evident with 5, I have to say.