Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
for me, bacteria = living = soul. even a rock has its own level of energy.

Many aspects when attempting to seperate the oneness in order too understand just how grand the collective really is.

I hear humans mimic bacteria, feeding off the planet and giving nothinig back in return.

Bacteria give LOTS back. Baterica in your gut digests food, bacteria in yoru mouth kills germs, bacteria on your skin keeps away harmful things, bacteria dissolves dead matter, so the planet is nt sky high with death, bacteria is the very basis of food chains....

Bacteria is the whole reason we are here..
Old 21-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Greybeard

Bacteria contribute to the Earth. They literally created our present atmosphere, making life as we know it possible. They perform many vital functions. To say they contribute nothing is far from the truth.
Old 21-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Greybeard

Not to mention the bacteria who live in your own body, both in your gut and within each cell...and without whom you would not exist.
Old 21-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Bacteria contains energy, but it is not pure, therefore it does not have a soul. Pure energy is what we call love which is soul. Bacteria is not pure energy.

what exactly do you mean by "energy"? you have no idea what youre talking about.
Old 22-10-2011, 01:33 AM
drake

I tend to think of bacteria as little wild roaming tribes, and my body as a unified nation that sometimes goes to war with tribes and sometimes hires them out as mercenaries (like gut bacteria), or sometimes simply allows peaceful tribes to occupy land in my nations territory (part of the body) to be a buffer between the nation that is me, and other more barbaric tribes.

Does anyone think that bacteria might have self awareness, emotion, and intent like we do, but simply cannot express itself in a way that we can comprehend?
Old 22-10-2011, 01:41 AM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Remove your spiritual perspective and then re observe all that you have and you may find yourself formulating different questions.

Which then makes your perception of reality the issue and not viruses.

haha, I think you are inventing issues where there are none Alternate Carpark. I'm simply asking an open question to see what kind of responses I get. There is no real crisis about the nature of viruses here nor do I expect a definitive answer that will prove to me the nature bacteria and viruses. Also, did you somehow miss that you are in SPIRITUALforums.com as you complain that I come here to get a SPIRITUAL perspective?!
Old 22-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Master
Greybeard: All forms of life "possess" Consciousness and are one with the Whole.

The Spirit imbues all things in Creation.

This is how I see it too... Everything is conscious to one degree or another, and spirit is the source and essence of all existence.

But the real question is not abstract musing about "Is there soul in bacteria?" but "What is my own soul?" ... "What am I?"

First know this within yourself, beyond ideas, then you can see where else it is.

Xan

Old 22-10-2011, 02:23 AM
Greybeard

We can see the unity of all things, concrete and abstract, by simply observing the world we are and are in. Seeing that, there is nothing but Being.

Some years back I hired some dogs to be my spiritual guides, my gurus. That was one of my best moves...dogs, not having the power of speech, must teach by action, by being, and there is no getting all wrapped up in words/ideas.
Old 22-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake
I tend to think of bacteria as little wild roaming tribes, and my body as a unified nation that sometimes goes to war with tribes and sometimes hires them out as mercenaries (like gut bacteria), or sometimes simply allows peaceful tribes to occupy land in my nations territory (part of the body) to be a buffer between the nation that is me, and other more barbaric tribes.

Does anyone think that bacteria might have self awareness, emotion, and intent like we do, but simply cannot express itself in a way that we can comprehend?
Thats actually the way i think of it too. I think a person is a "society" or "collective"
Old 22-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Greybeard

A person's body is literally a colony of individual cells, each cooperating with the whole in order that all may prosper. "E pluribus unum." With the exception of bone and brain cells (I may be mistaken) not one single cell in your body was present at your birth; the original cells have long since died and been replaced. So in biological terms, Who are you? You are a colony of cells, each of which has its own individual life {and I am convinced, Consciousness...if "you" as a whole organism have consciousness, must that consciousness not proceed from, originate in, the lesser units of the whole? Does it seem logical that Consciousness only appears in the whole but is absent in the parts?...and if this be so, then the question of consciousness in bacteria and such creatures is answered.]