Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's about approaching the unknown, any unknown, with a measure of humility.
LOL, You mean brahman, which you think is hidden/unknown, when brahman is not hidden/unknown. Because everything is brahman and brahman is everything lol
Old 30-05-2020, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
It's about approaching the unknown, any unknown, with a measure of humility.

In other words I don't know everything so I need help and guidance along the way and by people who have already journeyed further down that path than I have.
How can brahman be hidden and unknown, when brahman is everything and everything is brahman?

Edit: I should have asked this question a long time ago.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:05 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
How can brahman be hidden and unknown, when brahman is everything and everything is brahman?

Let's just say I'm not as wise and all knowing as you. I required assistance in my journey.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:09 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Let's just say I'm not as wise and all knowing as you. I required assistance in my journey.

Another way to put it is https://youtu.be/_VrFV5r8cs0

LOL!
Old 30-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
It is not about being wise and all knowing, it is all about how you see or view brahman. You either see brahman in your mind only through figurative abstract ideas, concepts ect or you see brahman concretely in the physical universe/reality.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:28 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
It is not about being wise and all knowing, it is all about how you see or view brahman. You either see brahman in your mind only through figurative abstract ideas, concepts ect or you see brahman concretely in the physical universe/reality.

That's the perspective from within Maya where you identify as a mind-body.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
That's the perspective from within Maya where you identify as a mind-body.
Yeah so? How can there be maya when brahman is everything and everything is brahman?

Edit: maya does not exist where brahman exists, and where does brahman exist? Brahman exists in everything and everyone! lol
Old 30-05-2020, 11:47 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Yeah so? How can there be maya when brahman is everything and everything is brahman?

Edit: maya does not exist where brahman exists, and where does brahman exist? Brahman exists in everything and everyone! lol

Sure it does. Just like the mind projects a dream, Brahman projects the universe as Maya. The paradox is realization of Maya is through Maya. There is no path but only a fool does not walk it.

Realization is a shift in identification from merely being a mind-body to identification as Atman. And since Atman is Brahman Thou art That too, the unchanging and unknowable, and everything you can see, think or conceive are but form and name within You.

That's why the dream analogy is a useful concept for understanding. Furthermore a lucid dream is a great analogy for Realization. When one becomes lucid within a dream, shifting identification from a character in the dream to the dreamer, a shift from dreaming consciousness to waking consciousness while still being within the dream reality. Realization is exactly the same. It's a shift from identification from mind-body to Atman, a shift from waking consciousness to Turya Consciousness while still being within waking reality.

https://vedantastudent.blogspot.com/p/maya.html

According to the Advaita philosophy, this world we live in, the space as well as time is a projection of your consciousness or your awareness. In fact your mind, your thoughts as well as your physical attributes are just a projection of that consciousness into the state of waking. Advaita Vedanta calls this projection as Maya. Maya creates apparent multiplicity in a universe where only Brahman really exists.

The true meaning of Maya in Sanskrit is illusion or delusion. Advaita Vedanta uses this term to bring forth a point that what we feel as real is not the complete reality. This does not mean that all of us live a life of illusion – we actually see it, we really live in it. “The world has no existence” really means “The world has no existence-absolute”. It only exists relative to our minds. It is perceived by us, by our five senses. That is what is meant by the “no existence” clause. It is a mix of existence and non-existence. This is Maya. It is the projection or manifestation of the Infinite through our finite minds.

Everything that has form, everything that calls up an idea in your mind, is within Maya, for, everything that is bound by the laws of time, space, and causation, is within Maya. And that includes the Vedanta philosophy, the philosophers, everything. Stretch your imagination as far as you can, make them higher and higher, call it infinite or by any other name you please, even that idea is within this Maya. It cannot be otherwise, and the whole of human knowledge is generalization of this Maya, trying to know it as it really is.
Old 30-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I know that was the difficulty, but it's just the metaphorical language of Advaita Vedanta for the purpose of bringing students along slowly.

Here's a question. Have you looked into the traditional Advaita Vedanta philosophy and teaching methods or are you just inferring it from what radical Neo-Advaitists claim as outlined by the video you linked from that lady?

I ask because it seems to me you were conflating my position with that of radical (read unripe or immature in the sense of understanding)) Neo-Advaitins. Mind you this is not an accusation but just an observation from my perspective.

The only difficulty I perceived was that you changed your mind . It's easy to state that you understood that the world can be illusory or real depending on how you perceive yourself .

I asked you three times if you understood what I mean't about it and asked you to speak to me about the true nature of yourself and the world and where Maya stood within all this .

In regards to your question I haven't studied anything about Advaita Vendanta . I simply have my realisation to fall back upon when I ask questions about what other's say about themselves and the world that reflects oneness .

I am not that interested in reading up on these dogmatic teachings and like you say there seems to be a hardcore stance in regards to some where the extreme is expressed regards to no one is actually here and such likes .

I simply wanted to know your foundation based upon what I read about you saying .

In my eyes and with respect there is nothing difficult in simply saying Maya is only of the world if you see a rope for a snake as the example I gave .

You posted the pot video explanation that didn't work for reasons said .. I have tried to understand you with an open mind ..

x daz x
Old 30-05-2020, 02:06 PM
Master
Double post, forum is running sluggish for me.