Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-12-2013, 06:47 PM
stillnessdancing

unconsciously astral projecting?

(I'm new here so I apologize if I sound stupid, please let me know if I've said anything egregious.)

A few months ago, I tried meditating at the suggestion of a friend; it ended up being an experience because instead of just feeling calm I felt the boundaries of my self dissolve and a sense of oneness with the universe. I ended up researching this and realized that in a few seconds I can throw myself into a transcendent state, though I'm not all that good about bringing myself back so I try not to do it.

Anyway, this is all leading up to the fact that I've found that it's very easy for me to dissolve/lose the boundaries of my self and/or whatever is linking my self to my body. I could do it now in a few seconds if I focused on it, which rather unnerves me. I'm trying to figure out if this is some sort of gift I need to learn to manage better or something less positive.

I have had two experiences over the span of the last few weeks where instead of ending up in a place of oneness with the universe, a place without thought and simply of being, I actually ended up in other places. I have a sense of being present in those spaces. The first time I brushed it off because the place was soothing and I didn't really mind. The next time it happened, I ended up in a void without thought or emotion or a sense of self: all that was really there was a sense of infinite nothingness and I had no thoughts or sense of myself at all. I flipped between it and reality as I know it a few times before coming back and post-experience I have been rather worried because I feel as though I could have remained in the void forever and been okay with it, because the void was peaceful and it lacked any coherent sense of self that I could unify to remove myself from it.

I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to unconsciously astral project? I feel like I might be doing this.
2. Is it really easy for anyone else to lose the boundaries of the self? I've been reading forums on astral projection and it seems like things most people have to work at. Does it just happen to anyone else?
2a. All I have to do, really, is read descriptions of boundaries loosening and it starts to happen to me. It rather unnerves me that my self breaks this . . . fluidly.
3. Does anyone have any suggestions for better grounding your self in your body and gaining better control over transcendent states? Right now, it feels a bit too easy to just go elsewhere.
4. Are there dangers to having weak boundaries? Any tips for strengthening them? How do you keep yourself grounded in your body?

Thank you so much for any help. Also, I'd very much appreciate suggestions for further reading.
Old 30-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Ascender

Yes, it's possible to involuntarily or unconsciously go astral.

Sometimes weak boundaries are a result of a spiritual injury or illness, other times they're a natural state, it depends on the individual, and it also depends on the context how dangerous it is to remain in that condition.

I'm a fan of grey haematite.
Old 30-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Experiencer
grounding tips:
-spend time in nature, walk barefoot in grass
-do "normal" things such as go out with friends, watch tv, exercise
-look into crystals to help with grounding (like Albalida, i highly recommend hematite)
Old 31-12-2013, 02:17 AM
stillnessdancing

How could they be a result of spiritual illness? I'm starting to think they're a natural thing for me, but they do tend to fluctuate based on a variety of factors.

Would iron work as well as hematite? Any suggestions on where one could buy hematite?
Old 31-12-2013, 03:27 AM
Experiencer
To answer your question on unconsciously APing yes it's possible the first time it happened to me I was utterly confused; I had never even heard of the astral planes. It all depends on one's energy and vibrations, focus/intentions, vulnerability, and grounding.

I am not sure of iron..I do not know of its strength compared to other grounding crystals. I purchase all of my crystals online, but it is recommended to get them from metaphysical shops that sell them if you have one nearby.
Old 31-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillnessdancing
A few months ago, I tried meditating at the suggestion of a friend; it ended up being an experience because instead of just feeling calm I felt the boundaries of my self dissolve and a sense of oneness with the universe. I ended up researching this and realized that in a few seconds I can throw myself into a transcendent state, though I'm not all that good about bringing myself back so I try not to do it.

Anyway, this is all leading up to the fact that I've found that it's very easy for me to dissolve/lose the boundaries of my self and/or whatever is linking my self to my body. I could do it now in a few seconds if I focused on it, which rather unnerves me. I'm trying to figure out if this is some sort of gift I need to learn to manage better or something less positive.
This is something mediators seek that takes most people years or even decades to achieve. It’s certainly a ‘special skill’. As to if it’s a gift (or curse), that depends on whether or not you benefit from it.

Quote:
I have had two experiences over the span of the last few weeks where instead of ending up in a place of oneness with the universe, a place without thought and simply of being, I actually ended up in other places. I have a sense of being present in those spaces. The first time I brushed it off because the place was soothing and I didn't really mind. The next time it happened, I ended up in a void without thought or emotion or a sense of self: all that was really there was a sense of infinite nothingness and I had no thoughts or sense of myself at all. I flipped between it and reality as I know it a few times before coming back and post-experience I have been rather worried because I feel as though I could have remained in the void forever and been okay with it, because the void was peaceful and it lacked any coherent sense of self that I could unify to remove myself from it.
This sounds more like expanded awareness or unity than astral projection.

Quote:
1. Is it possible to unconsciously astral project? I feel like I might be doing this.
Many people spontaneously astral project, most commonly during childhood while sleeping. Probably not what you are doing.
Quote:
2. Is it really easy for anyone else to lose the boundaries of the self? I've been reading forums on astral projection and it seems like things most people have to work at. Does it just happen to anyone else?
That is a rare skill.
Quote:
2a. All I have to do, really, is read descriptions of boundaries loosening and it starts to happen to me. It rather unnerves me that my self breaks this . . . fluidly.
Like anything new and unexpected, it can ‘unnerve you’. If you can explore it slowly, you will find it can greatly expand your reality. Is that something you want?
Quote:
3. Does anyone have any suggestions for better grounding your self in your body and gaining better control over transcendent states? Right now, it feels a bit too easy to just go elsewhere.
NO, NO on grounding. It won’t help all that much on stopping dissolving. Look in to centering as it will stabilize you both with and without boundaries. If you choose to pursue this state it will enable you not to lose yourself.
Quote:
4. Are there dangers to having weak boundaries?
Yes, things can get in and bother you, kind of like leaving the house door open. However, when you are that ‘large’ not much can harm you.
Quote:
How do you keep yourself grounded in your body?
Actually losing your boundaries does not dislodge you from your body. It’s just that you become so large that your body is scarcely noticeable (but it is still there). I’m sure you have noticed during the transitions, that you are still centered in your body.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Experiencer

It just happened to me without trying about a month ago, and twice last night. I will say, though, that last night when I woke up I told myself I would have a lucid dream, but got the other instead. I have done guided meditations and affirmations before bed a ton and nothing ever happened. Now I just kinda wake up to the vibrations and I slip away. It's real weird, but I guess I should be thankful it is happening in the first place.