Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
LOL it's all religion. People like to think they have the True(tm) spirituality and that everything else is 'just religion'. It's all religion.. where do you think meditation came from, or ideas like 'everything is God', or the 'God is within you?' Secular society eats it up with pleasure then curses the hand that feeds it lol. News flash, we aren't any better or more spiritual than 'those religious people' -- we are the same. We just think we are, because we're part of the same vicious cycle that we accuse others of.

Religion has several definitions for most people if you really think about it.. We can say, I am spiritual or religious and it can mean the same thing; ie, that one believes in spiritual things, God etc without being a part of any organized sect.

Then we can say "religion" and be referring to the organized almost corporate structures that claim to hold the one and only truth and say that they are the, "true faith." These seem to be the organizations that splice other spurious ideas into religion or interpret passages of a holy book in ways that bind their followers to the organization... After all, no one can speak to God on there own... they need Popes, Priests and other "Holy" men to be the middle man. And let's not forget the prescribed rituals that no man can get to heaven without; confessions, communions, pilgrimages and a host of others.... All these things are fine in an of themselves, but when they become the sole path of one's salvation, then I think we have a bit of an issue.

One could could make a very lengthy list of things that "religion" has imposed on people. And it has made many folks very afraid and even to kill in the name of God... very sad!

So when we say religion, most folks are talking about the organizations that claim to be God's sole mouthpiece or Ark of salvation for the planet... and everyone else is just doomed.

And before I go I will say this this; religion can be a very good thing. Look at the Catholic Mass, it is such a beautiful ritual. And when you walk into a Catholic Church, you can just feel the presence of all the prayers and faith that has been there... it is so peaceful! I sometimes still go to the Mass; but do I want to be entangled in all the dogma and man made ideas that pollute those waters and make religion rather creepy and even a little psychotic sounding?.... No, I don't! And those things are the product of organized "religion."
Old 19-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Seawolf; "Everyone is innocent and there is no such thing as consequences. Religion is evil and we are good. lol "

well,I guess it comes down to a definition of good and evil then..Correct though - everyone IS innocent - right up to the point where they realise who they ACTUALLY are,and then they need must take responsibility for their Self..That leaves the vast majoroty of humanity in comlete ignorance of their predicamant,and so yes,ignorance of Self is INNOCENCE of action,because simly,they REACT to the world from this ignorance,so who can even blame them..?..Blame those who come before who taught the world to hide their nature,and follow MAN instead of Soul..

Consequences..?..Yes always there are consequences of course,good or bad..Again though,this is down entirely to how we see the Self..Act from the litlte ideal,egoic self,personal immeduate concern,and surely,we will get it wrong time and again..Peopel even believe all the bad things are done TO them,they call it karma or some such,and moan and wail they dont deserve it,not realising that acting in that limited egoic way,has set a chain of events in motion,that bought about the circumstances they now face..Ignorance of Self is to blame for all the EMOTIONAL and MENTAL ANGUISH that comes from being Human..

No church vicar or priest can ever alleviate this condition for you.Only YOU can know WHO YOU ARE !!..Only you can discover your TRUE Self,hidden behind all that societal,egoic B*llsh*t !!

Religion is evil..?..YES,and NO..The practice itself of course,all good..YES,endeavour to reach the divine always,for it IS your birthright..The method though,that is very questionable if we single out THIS religion in particular..Those at the top KNOW THE TRUTH - the Pope has NEVER had direct communication from any god false or otherwise,and he fully knows it..Think about it - F*F*S* he had to be voted into office BY MORTAL MAN - he was never appointed by any Divine authority..Hes JUST A MAN !! And yet they purposefuly hold you dominated always,never allowing access to your own Divinity..THAT,the agenda of EGOIC POWER MANIPULATION,passed off as divne authority,yes for sure,THAT IS EVIL !!!!!

We are al good..?...YES WE ARE !! In our NATURAL state,we are the ost loving compassionate beings on th eplanet..Thing is,we are NOT in our natural state,hardly ever,as simlpy,our current society wont allow it..You cant be loving compassionate,altruistic in this world of egoic domination,haves and have nots,power elite and those in abject poverty..The two paradigms dont mix well and this leaves people miserable..Again,no man,priest or religous icon can lead you out of this predicamant - you must do it for the Self..Be true to the Self - dont tell lies to manipulate others,and dont do any action that you dont agree with,just becuse society or those in "authority" above you (laughable if you knew who your really were) says its Ok..Be your own Guru,for Divinity is already yours..
Old 20-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks..

Seawolf; "Everyone is innocent and there is no such thing as consequences. Religion is evil and we are good. lol "

well,I guess it comes down to a definition of good and evil then..Correct though - everyone IS innocent - right up to the point where they realise who they ACTUALLY are, and then they need must take responsibility for their Self..
That leaves the vast majoroty of humanity in comlete ignorance of their predicamant,and so yes,ignorance of Self is INNOCENCE of action,because simly,they REACT to the world from this ignorance,so who can even blame them..?..Blame those who come before who taught the world to hide their nature,and follow MAN instead of Soul...

The scripture in the New Testament, repeated from the Old Testament is that "none are good, no not one".
This has to do with a "fall"... from a situation apart from "Space/time", to one therein.
Also is the scripture about how all our own (self) righteousness is as
filthy rags. who are fallen short of "the Glory of God".

So, the situation of... an evolved humanity, in time and space.. is a sinful and fallen one, which can only be understood with respect to comparison with the Holiness and Light of Heaven.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to reveal to mankind their need for Salvation, and with respect to the work of Christ, on the Cross.
To those who will recieve. Who are also predestined to.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/romans/8-30-compare.html
" 'And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.'

Read Romans 8 ESV ..."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks..

well,I guess it comes down to a definition of good and evil then..Correct though - everyone IS innocent - right up to the point where they realise who they ACTUALLY are,and then they need must take responsibility for their Self..That leaves the vast majoroty of humanity in comlete ignorance of their predicamant,and so yes,ignorance of Self is INNOCENCE of action,because simly,they REACT to the world from this ignorance,so who can even blame them..?..Blame those who come before who taught the world to hide their nature,and follow MAN instead of Soul..

Consequences..?..Yes always there are consequences of course,good or bad..Again though,this is down entirely to how we see the Self..Act from the litlte ideal,egoic self,personal immeduate concern,and surely,we will get it wrong time and again..Peopel even believe all the bad things are done TO them,they call it karma or some such,and moan and wail they dont deserve it,not realising that acting in that limited egoic way,has set a chain of events in motion,that bought about the circumstances they now face..Ignorance of Self is to blame for all the EMOTIONAL and MENTAL ANGUISH that comes from being Human..

No church vicar or priest can ever alleviate this condition for you.Only YOU can know WHO YOU ARE !!..Only you can discover your TRUE Self,hidden behind all that societal,egoic B*llsh*t !!

Religion is evil..?..YES,and NO..The practice itself of course,all good..YES,endeavour to reach the divine always,for it IS your birthright..The method though,that is very questionable if we single out THIS religion in particular..Those at the top KNOW THE TRUTH - the Pope has NEVER had direct communication from any god false or otherwise,and he fully knows it..Think about it - F*F*S* he had to be voted into office BY MORTAL MAN - he was never appointed by any Divine authority..Hes JUST A MAN !! And yet they purposefuly hold you dominated always,never allowing access to your own Divinity..THAT,the agenda of EGOIC POWER MANIPULATION,passed off as divne authority,yes for sure,THAT IS EVIL !!!!!

We are al good..?...YES WE ARE !! In our NATURAL state,we are the ost loving compassionate beings on th eplanet..Thing is,we are NOT in our natural state,hardly ever,as simlpy,our current society wont allow it..You cant be loving compassionate,altruistic in this world of egoic domination,haves and have nots,power elite and those in abject poverty..The two paradigms dont mix well and this leaves people miserable..Again,no man,priest or religous icon can lead you out of this predicamant - you must do it for the Self..Be true to the Self - dont tell lies to manipulate others,and dont do any action that you dont agree with,just becuse society or those in "authority" above you (laughable if you knew who your really were) says its Ok..Be your own Guru,for Divinity is already yours..

...so well said.
Old 22-02-2014, 08:23 AM
StaroftheSea

The whole point of Jesus/God (through God The Father) forming His Temples while living upon Earth was to form a Holy Altar to revere and pray to God, receive God weekly (via His Eucharist/Host), to confess sins with an open heart genuinely remorseful, through one of His Holy Appointed, to form a Community through His Universal Church (each denomination via His Disciples and Apostles), for His Love and Peace flowing through each, where Brothers and Sisters in Jesus/God come together and to hear The Word of God from both God's Old Testament and Jesus/God's New Testament living His Commandments.

God through His Disciples and Apostles named all of the Religions ie Jesus/God flowing His Divine Loving Holy Wisdom and Holy Enlightenment through Man during each Generation/time/period.

Kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ/God and our Lady Mary Mother of God
Old 22-02-2014, 08:27 AM
StaroftheSea

Most importantly when stating Holy Altar, I had meant Jesus/God's Holy Tabernacle in which Jesus is present at all times watching all of us during Church services!

Kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ/God and our Lady Mary Mother of God.

Jesus and our Heavenly Mother are guiding me through on these posts from today onwards.
Old 22-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Master
An apology

I've been thinking about it, and I don't think I thought the thread title through very well - 'cult' is a loaded term, and I fear it's caused offence to some of the Christians on the forum. Sorry if I caused offence, it wasn't my intention.

The thrust of my argument was this:

Quote:
But it seems to me that an awful lot of Christians put the emphasis on the man, and not the teachings.
I just feel religious folks sometimes get stuck on the religious figures, and overlook themselves somewhat (actually, it's something that applies to human nature more generally, we do tend to lose sight of ourselves).

The way I see it, when Jesus said 'split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there'* - he was right. And you know what? I am there, too. And so are you.

*Oh, I've just googled it and it's from the Gospel of Thomas, which might cause some debate. For me, it holds true regardless.
Old 22-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Molearner

I did not go back thru all the postings to this thread, so maybe someone has already said it,,,,,but to many Christians the word and the man are inseparable ...John 1:14 "And the Word became flesh and lived among us.."
Old 22-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I just feel religious folks sometimes get stuck on the religious figures, and overlook themselves somewhat (actually, it's something that applies to human nature more generally, we do tend to lose sight of ourselves).

The way I see it, when Jesus said 'split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there'* - he was right. And you know what?
I am there, too. And so are you.

*Oh, I've just googled it and it's from the Gospel of Thomas, which might cause some debate. For me, it holds true regardless.

The situations with the teachings, as with "The Law" is this, human...
No one is perfect. (Except Jesus. God manifested to us.)

One can come under self condemnation when they fail to live up to both the teachings, or the Law, perfectly.
Jesus is referred to as the Word of God, made flesh. Linked also with the written word in scripture.

Now, what do we know of Him? Again, isaiah is the complete book found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. There are plenty of prophecies of the Messiah in it.

Who He is, and His majesty.

Also, regarding "Salvation" (Being rescued despite ourselves...)
When Martha's brother Lazerus died, and before the Lord brought Him back, the following occurred.

25 Jesus told her,
“I am the resurrection and the life. The person who believes in me, even though he dies, will live.
26Indeed, everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe that?”
27 “Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who was to come into the world.”

The One... who has come into the world.

Is this about the teachings? - Or, the Personage?

Now again, in The Book of Isaiah, the Messiah who is born of the Virgin is referred to as, "Mighty God", and, "Everlasting Father".
Who also said of Himself,
"I am from above, you are from below." Who unlike anyone else in the world, was and is, sinless.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The situations with the teachings, as with "The Law" is this, human...
No one is perfect. (Except Jesus. God manifested to us.)

One can come under self condemnation when they fail to live up to both the teachings, or the Law, perfectly.
Jesus is referred to as the Word of God, made flesh. Linked also with the written word in scripture.

Now, what do we know of Him? Again, isaiah is the complete book found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. There are plenty of prophecies of the Messiah in it.

Who He is, and His majesty.

Also, regarding "Salvation" (Being rescued despite ourselves...)
When Martha's brother Lazerus died, and before the Lord brought Him back, the following occurred.

25 Jesus told her,
“I am the resurrection and the life. The person who believes in me, even though he dies, will live.
26Indeed, everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe that?”
27 “Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who was to come into the world.”

The One... who has come into the world.

Is this about the teachings? - Or, the Personage?

Now again, in The Book of Isaiah, the Messiah who is born of the Virgin is referred to as, "Mighty God", and, "Everlasting Father".
Who also said of Himself,
"I am from above, you are from below." Who unlike anyone else in the world, was and is, sinless.
I suppose that boils down to what your meaning is of "death" and "life" is.