Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-01-2013, 02:58 AM
amissaanima

Aint that the truth.
I have learned that I am very young spiritual wise.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
One of the Aboriginal Elders in my circle sez: "We know nothing and understand even less." I roll this statement over in my head like a mental caramel. It really describes my comprehension of the whole Twin Soul/Flame thing. But what a way to surrender!

Indeed. Like Erykah Badu sang in On & On : "The man who knows something knows that he knows nothing at all." This was proven to me and a constant reminder in 2012.

Other things I learned in 2012 (aka constant reminders in 2013 and beyond):

* To follow my heart and to trust myself.
* Be unflinchingly honest with myself and those around me. And to value honesty in my interactions above everything.
* Never settle for anything less than "magic" and "amazing" when it comes to love.
* See everything and everyone as a lesson or an opportunity to learn/grow.
* It's OK and natural to outgrow your old ways and relationships.
* That I am not everyone's cup of tea and that's quite all right. I matter to those who matter.
* Give without expectation.
* F--- fear, love anyways.
* Stop blaming others for how I feel.

Last edited by scoobawater : 06-01-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Shawnee

Wow, Scoobawater - I could have written the same list, almost verbatim! Maybe you're my long lost twin - haha. :)

This is one of my absolute favorite quotes:

"Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, It's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn't be one of them." - Dream for an Insomniac

...and I always say I wish I had a bumpersticker that says F*** Fear! Too funny...
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Guide
There is no separation.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
"Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, It's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn't be one of them." - Dream for an Insomniac

I LOVE THIS! You're my sister from another mister
Old 06-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda27
There is no separation.

This I am still learning. Quite possibly my hardest lesson to learn. It's a blessing there is no separation. Knowing that time, geography, death will never separate us. But during those times where I wish I could just walk away knowing that in time I will "get over it," I know that isn't possible.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Nakae

I'm newish to this whole thing, but so far the things I've learned are vast and many...

*I'm not delusional, it did really happen
*I ran as much as my TF ran...and still running.
*It's just the beginning, even though it feels much like an end
*Not everyone will understand and that's okay.
*I'm okay, and she's okay
*Grateful for all the not so nice things she's showed me about myself
*I don't feel alone even though I might feel lonely at times
*That every song, every poem, every sunset and sunrise finally makes sense
*Divine signs and synchs are everywhere gently guiding my every step.
*Living is a whole lot different than having a life.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Shawnee

Thanks, Scoobawater...it gives me peace knowing you understand my thought process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakae

*Not everyone will understand and that's okay.
*I'm okay, and she's okay
*That every song, every poem, every sunset and sunrise finally makes sense
*Divine signs and synchs are everywhere gently guiding my every step.
*Living is a whole lot different than having a life.

LOVE THESE! :)
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_path
I thought it would be interesting to start a thread on lessons learned.

I am unsure if I have met my Twin Flame yet or perhaps I have yet to recognize who he is yet. I have been with my Soul Mate for 12 years (living together for 4 years of that 12), but I don't know for certain if he's my Twin Flame or not. Regardless, I will list lessons I have learned from various people in my life this far:

In this age of technology, I've learned to be more patient when communicating with people via texting, Facebook, real time chat, etc. I've posted something very similar in another thread but we live in a era of instant gratification. Most people want that text back, or call back in less than 1 minute least people become anxious, worried, frustrated, etc. I was very much like this when I would connect with someone for the very first time on the internet. I've learned to have patience, and that some people might not answer back in a day or two. You don't know what's going on in their personal lives that is preventing them from contacting you right away.

To tie this lesson to another, I've also learned to enjoy myself while I am patiently waiting for that person (or persons) to reply back to me. I am not sitting by the phone or the computer solely waiting for them to reply back to me. If I happen to be on the computer and they respond, it's a great feeling! But I am also not nearly as hung up on sitting and waiting for a response either.

I have also learned that true loves and true friendships will always stand the test of time, even when we get busy and might not talk for several weeks or even months. I'm always open for new experiences, so again I'm not idling by waiting for people to reply back to me. I try to be open to new experiences, but at the same time I don't want to overwhelm myself with communicating with too many people at the same time. Maybe it's an Aquarius thing? Hmmmm....

Another lesson I've been learning and working on is learning how to be myself without feeling the need for someone else to complete me. There have been times when I've faltered and I've been very "needy" around my mate, but those cases are becoming fewer and fewer as I try to release myself from feeling so needy and I can make it on my own spiritually, mentally, physically, if it ever comes to that.

I'm sure there are more but I can not think of any at the moment, Heh...
Old 07-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseid
OK, I'll play.

* It's a futile exercise to subdivide soul connections into twin flames, twin souls, karmic connections etc. Whatever you're on is challenging enough.

* Mental constructs can not capture what the soul connection experience is about, the connection is not about the mind, it is about energy. Thus, all the classifying, explaining and sheer word count on the subject will essentially fail you in the end. The way through this is to surrender to the energetic level.

* The romantic, physical universe level part of the relationship is the tip of the iceberg. The soul connection is often about much more than you and your connection, it has far reaching implications that can affect everyone around you. This is an archetypal relationship and therefore your previous archetypal relationships (Mother, Father, siblings and other major influences) will have great bearing on the soul connection.

* Unfortunately when two people in a connection part ways because one or both parties are not ready for a relationship, it gives way to pain that is also essentially archetypal. The source of this pain isn't the soul connection, although the connection is triggering the pain at its source. The source of the pain is unconscious. In a real soul connection this pain does not go away on its own, because the triggering comes from the connection on an energetic level.

* Before we get to a stage where we can heal this pain, we have to surrender to the soul connection as an energetic level experience, which means abandoning the need to understand it through mental constructs. If talking or thinking about the experience worked, most of us would have resolved this a long time ago. One should have gotten a lot of clues about how to achieve this, the synchronicities and weird events should make it quite clear that part of this is on a fate or destiny level, the same level as the energetic experience. In many ways this is about the mysteries of faith, you have opened up to a level of perception that the mental body doesnt reach up to. Thus the need for surrender.

* Once a person accepts the connection for the energetic, trans-ego experience that it is, one can usually heal the major pain and trauma from it very, very quickly by way of a good healer. I can not stress how dramatic this change is, those of you who like awake at night and feel like your are being pulled out through your chakras on a daily basis, who feel like the bereavement-level grief of it will never end, will be surprised to find out how quickly one can STOP this. No, this doesn't mean you won't be sad or miss your connection, but it does mean the worst it will go away quickly. If I learned ONE thing about ALL of this, it's that you can heal the pain.

* Clearing up buried emotional wounds and trauma, the stuff that is causing such agony through the connection, not only stops the pain, but it opens an entirely new world up. Once you surrender the mental constructs of it and heal, you know the connection is there, in fact you might find yourself hitting your head and going duh, why I didn't see that before.

I hope to learn a lot more in 2013 :)

YES!!! This is exactly what I got out of the whole thing too! Spot On! Thanks for pulling it out of my head and writting it down. =)