Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 08-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Astralyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
All of that has already taken place. Many governments have huge volumes of data on the control of human populations through biological and psychological warfare. They have beam weapons which can operate in many different ranges of spectra and in fact they have a device which modulates audio at a particular frequency which synthesizes telepathy. There are reports of this device being used from helicopters to command dwellers to exit their homes without transmitting sound in the audio spectrum. And where does all this technology come from? Some of it is home grown. Some of it is not.

It makes us work harder? in staying connected with our abilities and self, our level of awareness having to become more acute to feel free and empowered.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall-sky
I wonder if using the parts of the brain related to vocabulary and abstraction might inhibit psi? It seems like these parts of the brain probably inhibit meditation. Like if I'm trying to draw or paint then it works best if I let the drawing reveal itself instead of trying to micromanage.

It seems like scientists need to take some of these psi talents and then observe with as few preconceptions as possible. Then try to design a controlled experiment that facilitate psi. Finally try to refine the experiment without losing the psi. Then do an actual scientific experiment.

YES. In a big way. I think this ability is linked to the long evolved reptilian brain which does not require intellect in order to function. Intellect produces neural networks which may produce a different point of focus than the reptilian brain. Just a thought. I do know that meditation IS the gateway to becoming more adept at sensing psychic and spiritual phenomenon. The other vital key is working with an experienced guide. Someone who has already mastered this work.

Have you spent time with Charles Tart or Dean Radin? They have spent their careers in scientific discourse. There are a few other authors as well.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Apparently it scandalized a lot of psychiatrists that this psi paper was published by a reputable journal. So I think the attempts to replicate these results were probably motivated by a desire to clean-up after this scandal. In other words, this further demonstrates the bias against psi research. Ordinarily the paper would have been rejected by every reputable journal and everyone could have safely ignored the research.

Of course, I can't blaim people for thinking psi research is a waste of time and money.

I think the researchers were following the described methodology, but didn't get the same results, and people who want the original research to be true, concoct a bit of a conspiracy theory.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I think it's pretty obvious that his research made people very upset and uncomfortable. He was an extremely well respected researcher, but as soon as he studied something taboo, all of a sudden there's problems with his experiments. Hmmm.

There will never be conclusive proof of something taboo like ESP because so many people are against it. Any work by a real researcher will kill their career and will automatically generate rebuttal papers from scientists claiming it's false, and whether or not they are right doesn't matter. People will accept the doubt more readily than the taboo claims.

I don't think so. Bem wrote up the experiment properly so that any other person could follow the same procedure, and obviously, at least two separate attempts were made to replicate the experiment, alas, the subsequent tests produced similar results which were different to the original experiment. No doubt that Bem recognises that he must have been wrong, but that's OK, all researchers are wrong a lot of the time, and I reckon Bem is still a full employed and highly respected professional.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Knower
Quote:
YES. In a big way. I think this ability is linked to the long evolved reptilian brain which does not require intellect in order to function. Intellect produces neural networks which may produce a different point of focus than the reptilian brain. Just a thought. I do know that meditation IS the gateway to becoming more adept at sensing psychic and spiritual phenomenon. The other vital key is working with an experienced guide. Someone who has already mastered this work.

Have you spent time with Charles Tart or Dean Radin? They have spent their careers in scientific discourse. There are a few other authors as well.

Maybe we need to study reptile or other more instinctual mammals instead of studying humans? If we see non-random behavior that can't be explained by their physical senses then maybe they are responding to spiritual senses.

I haven't read Charles Tart or Dean Radin. I did start to read "Science Set Free" by Rupert Sheldrake, but I didn't finish it.

So when a psychic experiences something that seems impossible, do you believe it really happens or is just a hallucination? (Of course a hallucination might still be a psychic response to spiritual environment that is simply using the vocabulary available in our psychology to express itself.) Have you ever exprienced anything impossible with witnesses? Whenever I have experienced something impossible I have been alone. In the cases with witnesses, I suspect I may have hallucinated the witnesses along with the event - or at least hallucinated the reactions of the witnesses. How do you think psychosis connects with this?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralyra
It makes us work harder? in staying connected with our abilities and self, our level of awareness having to become more acute to feel free and empowered.

I don't think you should have to work harder. Just be.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Maybe we need to study reptile or other more instinctual mammals instead of studying humans? If we see non-random behavior that can't be explained by their physical senses then maybe they are responding to spiritual senses.

I haven't read Charles Tart or Dean Radin. I did start to read "Science Set Free" by Rupert Sheldrake, but I didn't finish it.

So when a psychic experiences something that seems impossible, do you believe it really happens or is just a hallucination? (Of course a hallucination might still be a psychic response to spiritual environment that is simply using the vocabulary available in our psychology to express itself.) Have you ever exprienced anything impossible with witnesses? Whenever I have experienced something impossible I have been alone. In the cases with witnesses, I suspect I may have hallucinated the witnesses along with the event - or at least hallucinated the reactions of the witnesses. How do you think psychosis connects with this?

We used to have a running joke where I trained.

Do you know what the difference between psychic and psychosis is?

The answer of course is there is none. We have two vocabularies for the same experience. One is materialist. The other is a spiritual tradition.

I have had many experiences with people I was around which were in fact spiritual contact. For those who know we discuss 1:1. For those who don't I watch what takes place in their reality and how they respond to it. An example was walking with a neighbor to the post office. All of a sudden I blurt out something stupid and I turn to look at her and she is obviously engaged in the third eye and most likely some form of image. In this case two separate entities made contact and they travel in packs sometimes. Particularly in the training agreement I was in at the time.

Here's another experience. I am walking to the post office down a tiny rural road around 2 on a hot summer day. All of a sudden I hear a champagne cork pop and it's a cocktail party in my head and then I hear "How are you going to explain this in your book?".

I have hundreds of profound moments of contact.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
We used to have a running joke where I trained.

Do you know what the difference between psychic and psychosis is?

The answer of course is there is none. We have two vocabularies for the same experience. One is materialist. The other is a spiritual tradition.

I have had many experiences with people I was around which were in fact spiritual contact. For those who know we discuss 1:1. For those who don't I watch what takes place in their reality and how they respond to it. An example was walking with a neighbor to the post office. All of a sudden I blurt out something stupid and I turn to look at her and she is obviously engaged in the third eye and most likely some form of image. In this case two separate entities made contact and they travel in packs sometimes. Particularly in the training agreement I was in at the time.

Here's another experience. I am walking to the post office down a tiny rural road around 2 on a hot summer day. All of a sudden I hear a champagne cork pop and it's a cocktail party in my head and then I hear "How are you going to explain this in your book?".

I have hundreds of profound moments of contact.

We all have hundreds of such experiences and yet in the end I am left empty of them all and open like a child. Funny thing, experiences
Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Astralyra

Quote:
I don't think you should have to work harder. Just be.

Needs to be read in context with your statement saying there are beams emitted to control humans. And are these reports true?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralyra
Needs to be read in context with your statement saying there are beams emitted to control humans. And are these reports true?

Thanks. Here's a link for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon

Note that if you have investigated UFO phenomenon the effects mentioned in this link in regards to electrical systems correspond to many UFO sightings.