Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-05-2020, 10:09 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Yes, it is a big deal, changing the meaning of words causes maya, which is the whole entire point. And brahman is everything is the major point. The message of Advaita Vedanta is that occupied space and unoccupied space, duality and non-duality needs to come together to create unity, not separation and division.

Work is no work...

If I get lost in Maya - identify with the "me" of Maya - then it is a big deal. It's work. If I identify with the Atman then all this big deal is no work at all. Sure, I'm aware of it but also aware I'm not "attached" to it and nothing that comes of it can touch, stick to, or alter "Me".

This can be "realized" on an intellectual level and beyond that "Realized" on an experiential level. The purpose of the practices embodied in the four Yogas is to take one on a journey, first to "realization" and ultimately to "Realization".

Funny thing about work. Action can be substituted for work. In the Peter Russell video I often link titled "The Primacy of Consciousness", he talks about the Planck Unit. It's not a unit of space, time, matter or energy but a unit of action. So the smallest unit is a manifestation of action. The Unmanifest becoming the manifest? The One becoming the many? Karma Yoga: The Path of Action.

There's another video I find quite interesting titled "Consciousness is More than Computation!". It's a discussion of Orch OR, a hypothesis of consciousness developed by Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff. The basic concepts revolve around interpretation of collapse of the wave function and microtubules in neurons. They posit collapse of the wave function is not due to conscious observation but results in an instance of consciousness that is entangled within microtubules. This collapse is at or near the Planck scale.

The Primacy of Consciousness - https://youtu.be/-d4ugppcRUE?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA

Consciousness is More than Computation! - https://youtu.be/YpUVot-4GPM?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
Old 11-05-2020, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Work is no work...

If I get lost in Maya - identify with the "me" of Maya - then it is a big deal. It's work. If I identify with the Atman then all this big deal is no work at all. Sure, I'm aware of it but also aware I'm not "attached" to it and nothing that comes of it can touch, stick to, or alter "Me".

This can be "realized" on an intellectual level and beyond that "Realized" on an experiential level. The purpose of the practices embodied in the four Yogas is to take one on a journey, first to "realization" and ultimately to "Realization".

Funny thing about work. Action can be substituted for work. In the Peter Russell video I often link titled "The Primacy of Consciousness", he talks about the Planck Unit. It's not a unit of space, time, matter or energy but a unit of action. So the smallest unit is a manifestation of action. The Unmanifest becoming the manifest? The One becoming the many? Karma Yoga: The Path of Action.

There's another video I find quite interesting titled "Consciousness is More than Computation!". It's a discussion of Orch OR, a hypothesis of consciousness developed by Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff. The basic concepts revolve around interpretation of collapse of the wave function and microtubules in neurons. They posit collapse of the wave function is not due to conscious observation but results in an instance of consciousness that is entangled within microtubules. This collapse is at or near the Planck scale.

The Primacy of Consciousness - https://youtu.be/-d4ugppcRUE?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA

Consciousness is More than Computation! - https://youtu.be/YpUVot-4GPM?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
That is all ok because it is all brahman anyway.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:57 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
That is all ok because it is all brahman anyway.

The paradox of no work through work is anathema to Neo-Advaitins. That is there is no person to become enlightened because enlightenment just Is. There is only Brahman. Therefore practice is not only irrelevant but reinforces the "illusion" of separation.

I suppose spontaneous enlightenment is possible, however it seems to me that would be rare. Perhaps particular to a Jiva that undertook extensive practice in past manifestations.

I must have been a slacker in past manifestations. LOL!
Old 11-05-2020, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The paradox of no work through work is anathema to Neo-Advaitins. That is there is no person to become enlightened because enlightenment just Is. There is only Brahman. Therefore practice is not only irrelevant but reinforces the "illusion" of separation.

I suppose spontaneous enlightenment is possible, however it seems to me that would be rare. Perhaps particular to a Jiva that undertook extensive practice in past manifestations.

I must have been a slacker in past manifestations. LOL!
I do not see a problem with that. Enlightenment just is, when you know thyself/self-realization. You can not know thyself by using your own false and misleading definitions of words, because using your own false and misleading definitions of words creates false and misleading beliefs, and feelings, which in turn creates ignorance and illusions (maya)
Old 11-05-2020, 01:52 PM
Master

people 's false beliefs

Quote:
I agree, spirituality is a learning process, but what good does the learning and teachings of spirituality do, when people use false meanings for words? People get steered in the false completely opposite spiritual direction of truth. That is not spirituality. Spirituality is suppose to be about truth.

False beliefs / ignorance of others & self - it's all part of the game . Learning & teachings of spirituality will help us deal with all such matters effectively and realize the meaning / joy out of life.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
False beliefs / ignorance of others & self - it's all part of the game . Learning & teachings of spirituality will help us deal with all such matters effectively and realize the meaning / joy out of life.
HITESH SHAH, what does your meditation practice consist of?

Edit: when you know thyself, you know others.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Using false and misleading definitions for words, is where false beliefs and ignorance of others & self start.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:51 PM
Master

meditation

Quote:
HITESH SHAH, what does your meditation practice consist of?

Edit: when you know thyself, you know others.

Morning prayer followed with pensive concentration in God at definite time place preferably in disciplined posture. Sometimes due to my inherent inertia in me may not be disciplined . During longer flights / late workings/unusual circumstance these schedules may get disturbed .

Now also care to share your meditation practice. We would like to learn your exclusive meditation practices .
Old 11-05-2020, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Morning prayer followed with pensive concentration in God at definite time place preferably in disciplined posture. Sometimes due to my inherent inertia in me may not be disciplined . During longer flights / late workings/unusual circumstance these schedules may get disturbed .

Now also care to share your meditation practice. We would like to learn your exclusive meditation practices .
That is very good.

I do not meditate in the traditional sense, I just try to be conscious of whatever is going on around me and learn from it, in the right here and now as much as I can without thinking based on my memory of my past.

I also think or read (as I have it written down on an index card that I keep folded in my pocket) to myself as much as I can, the following : All I see with my mind and senses is objective truth/reality or Brahman.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Master

small difference

Quote:
That is very good.

I do not meditate in the traditional sense, I just try to be conscious of whatever is going on around me and learn from it, in the right here and now as much as I can without thinking based on my memory of my past.

I also think or read (as I have it written down on an index card that I keep folded in my pocket) to myself as much as I can, the following : All I see with my mind and senses is objective truth/reality or Brahman.

Nice to understand your practice and good reading .

In my consciousness I have to think & use memory to filter out the weeds , to build something new / good & to retain something good . My thinking and memory lets me understand and appreciate myriad wonderful forms and shapes with all their inherent traits in the universe which are illuminated with the power of God ( e.g. the moment this power of God goes , we declare person as dead and bury/cremate him/her) and be grateful to Him for all the wonderful gifts to us in general and me in particular and be a witness/participant to wonderful treasures & play (which we call Maya) of God . My senses are more deceptive and let me learn and yearn undesirable things many times but with Grace of God my thinking/memory keeps good control on my senses.

Nice. keep up the good practice.