Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 19-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Experiencer
very conflicting readings? Help please...

How can two readings by a reliable tarot card reader in my area be so different one month apart?

The first reading, I was confused about my bf and I and wondered if things would ever get better, let's say if he got the help he needs (and accepted to get, but he's on a waiting list). She saw these difficulties but said it looked like there would eventually be reconciliation and great potential for a very happy marriage down the road with him, or what seemed to be him, anyway, according to her (she saw his son with us, too, and said I'd need to decide if I'd have enough patience to deal with his young son, because if I'm with him, it's a long term commitment and his son is not easy to deal with. Which is true, he's got ADHD and speech delays, though is an absolute sweetheart).

Things have been quite hectic over the past few days, more than usual. He's going through difficult circumstances which makes all of the rest (stress, unresolved anger from his past and low tolerance for frustration) much worse. We decided it was best to break up on Monday, but I was devastated nonetheless. Tuesday night I went to see the tarot reader (who kinda does counseling too). She did more readings with me and saw pretty well what was going on, but this time, said the reconciliation would not be a good one, that I better stay strong and love myself more, that someone new and better for me would soon come along.

Getting back home, my bf wanted to prove to me he could change and asked if I would be willing to let him show that to me, respecting that we might have to stay friends first and go from there, although he'd like to keep dating me. He lives with me, which makes it kinda hard too.

I'm so confused!!
Old 20-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Master

Hugs and sympathy :( I've been through a similar-ish situation before where I was reassured by good news and then consoled by predictions of the future.

Divination is a tricky thing... it's like trying to predict the path a water droplet will take as it moves downhill. At any one time, there are multiple pathways it could take, and the reader can only anticipate the most likely one at any given time. And yet, as we know, anything can happen - and suddenly that water droplet goes into a place you didn't anticipate.

Is it possible to go back to your reader and ask how you could resolve the situation/what you can do to improve the relationship?
Old 22-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Master
Tarot captures snapshots of the present energy, but the future is not carved in stone. Free will can change the outcome. It sounds like during the first reading, she saw your boyfriend making the changes necessary to reconcile and be happy together. In the second reading, it seems as if he chose not to make those changes. It sounds like it's all on him. There's nothing else you can do if it he doesn't want to get the help he needs. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.
Old 25-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Experiencer
Thank you both. Yes, he said he wanted to prove to me he could make those changes he needs to make, although I don't have a lot of hope left. I decided not to break up for now but to focus on myself while I let him figure things out and see if he'll make those changes. If he doesn't, he doesn't and I'll move on from there, but I at least want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Also, that way, there won't be any "what if I had waited a bit longer, then maybe he would've changed, etc.". Just hoping I'm not missing out on the right person for me in the meantime... time can be precious.
Old 15-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Pathfinder
I'm interested in how things have unfolded since then. Did you remain together?
Old 08-11-2015, 02:08 AM
Experiencer
We stayed together, but there are major ups and downs still. Same lingering issues. I have a hard time looking after myself (taking care of myself first, alone time, etc.), which I realize this is what I said I would do (but didn't follow through with :( )