Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-02-2020, 12:40 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
If you read the article, like you said you did, I would not need to tell you how words and concepts effect/change consciousness.

Baba Muktananda, evidently is not speaking about consciousness at all, he is speaking about the I AM, which is the higher/real self, the word consciousness is not in that Baba Muktananda quote. You assume he is talking about consciousness.

LOL! It's ALL about consciousness. Why do you think some ascetics spend their entire lives meditating in a cave in the Hymalayas?

That's the entire basis of spiritual non-dualism. It's only Consciousness and forms - maya - are merely appearances in Consciousness, much like a dream hence statements like "Earth, moon, stars and sun revolve inside me". That's exactly what it means.

I've suggested this many times, but you really need to bone-up on spiritual non-dualism if you want to have an intelligent discussion about it. And yes, I am suggesting Vedantic non-dualism because you keep digging up references to it in order to contradict what I'm posting. I suppose that's actually a positive thing because I've given you incentive to start looking at it more closely.

I guess I can consider this a form of Karma Yoga because it's certainly not for my benefit so it must be selfless action.
Old 16-02-2020, 01:05 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Realizing Non-Duality

Realizing Non-Duality Part 1 https://youtu.be/o-RFz56gb9E

Realizing Non-Duality Part 2 https://youtu.be/CMgNtMHJOOQ

Realizing Non-Duality Part 3 https://youtu.be/cZOrq2dqkuY
Old 16-02-2020, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
LOL! It's ALL about consciousness. Why do you think some ascetics spend their entire lives meditating in a cave in the Hymalayas?

That's the entire basis of spiritual non-dualism. It's only Consciousness and forms - maya - are merely appearances in Consciousness, much like a dream hence statements like "Earth, moon, stars and sun revolve inside me". That's exactly what it means.

I've suggested this many times, but you really need to bone-up on spiritual non-dualism if you want to have an intelligent discussion about it. And yes, I am suggesting Vedantic non-dualism because you keep digging up references to it in order to contradict what I'm posting. I suppose that's actually a positive thing because I've given you incentive to start looking at it more closely.

I guess I can consider this a form of Karma Yoga because it's certainly not for my benefit so it must be selfless action.
What gives things form? Names, words and labels is what gives things form and concepts. If there is no name, word or label there is no form-The word is not the thing.
Many words, names, and labels, give many forms. Forms in the form of words, names and labels are Maya illusions.

You personally believe, with how you name and label things, that it is all about consciousness, when in reality, it is a conscious observable truth and fact, that it is all about you being conscious of the I AM feeling you have in your heart, which is Brahman, your real/higher self, while at the same time, you are conscious of your ego I.
Old 16-02-2020, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:

I would not let that inflate your ego I, too much, If I was you, as it purely is a coincidence.
Old 16-02-2020, 01:45 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
What gives things form? Names, words and labels is what gives things form and concepts. If there is no name, word or label there is no form-The word is not the thing.
Many words, names, and labels, give many forms. Forms in the form of words, names and labels are Maya illusions.

You personally believe, with how you name and label things, that it is all about consciousness, when in reality, it is a conscious observable truth and fact, that it is all about you being conscious of the I AM feeling you have in your heart, which is Brahman, your real/higher self, while at the same time, you are conscious of your ego I.

Find a brick wall, don't name it, label it or even conceptualize it. Don't even tell yourself "There is no brick wall, there is no brick wall!". Just put your head down and run in its direction as fast as you can. Let me know if it does or does not have form. LOL!

A less painful approach is read "The Seven Great Untenables". I think I suggested that in another post if you want to try to wrap your mind around maya.

Are you at least going to watch those three videos on realizing non-duality?
Old 16-02-2020, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Find a brick wall, don't name it, label it or even conceptualize it. Don't even tell yourself "There is no brick wall, there is no brick wall!". Just put your head down and run in its direction as fast as you can. Let me know if it does or does not have form. LOL!

A less painful approach is read "The Seven Great Untenables". I think I suggested that in another post if you want to try to wrap your mind around maya.

Are you at least going to watch those three videos on realizing non-duality?
Here you go again twisting the context of my post that is about perception around to mean a physical object and twisting the purpose and the context of a concept around to try to prove a moot point. Perception illusions/Maya has nothing to do with the physical universe or with physical objects, which means the brick wall is real, not an illusion/Maya.
Old 16-02-2020, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:

You say it is all about consciousness, yet you are not able to tell the difference between consciousness as the Witness and consciousness as awareness of your ego I body sense perceptions. This also means, and the fact that you are against individuality, is that you are not conscious of your real/higher self/Brahman at all, so why should I or anyone else believe what you say about anything?
Old 16-02-2020, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:

Are you afraid to lose your ego I's all is consciousness identity? If you are, be conscious of your I AM feeling in your heart and move on from there.
Old 16-02-2020, 09:04 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Here you go again twisting the context of my post that is about perception around to mean a physical object and twisting the purpose and the context of a concept around to try to prove a moot point. Perception illusions/Maya has nothing to do with the physical universe or with physical objects, which means the brick wall is real, not an illusion/Maya.

The physical world, objective reality is maya. LOL!

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i...d_illusion.htm

"Know nature to be Maya and the Ruler of this Maya is the Lord Himself." Coming to our philosophers, we find that this word Maya has been manipulated in various fashions, until we come to the great Shankarâchârya. The theory of Maya was manipulated a little by the Buddhists too, but in the hands of the Buddhists it became very much like what is called Idealism, and that is the meaning that is now generally given to the word Maya. When the Hindu says the world is Maya, at once people get the idea that the world is an illusion. This interpretation has some basis, as coming through the Buddhistic philosophers, because there was one section of philosophers who did not believe in the external world at all. But the Maya of the Vedanta, in its last developed form, is neither Idealism nor Realism, nor is it a theory. It is a simple statement of facts — what we are and what we see around us.
Old 16-02-2020, 09:54 AM
Master
Quote:
The physical world, objective reality is maya. LOL!

https://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.i...d_illusion.htm

"Know nature to be Maya and the Ruler of this Maya is the Lord Himself." Coming to our philosophers, we find that this word Maya has been manipulated in various fashions, until we come to the great Shankarâchârya. The theory of Maya was manipulated a little by the Buddhists too, but in the hands of the Buddhists it became very much like what is called Idealism, and that is the meaning that is now generally given to the word Maya. When the Hindu says the world is Maya, at once people get the idea that the world is an illusion. This interpretation has some basis, as coming through the Buddhistic philosophers, because there was one section of philosophers who did not believe in the external world at all. But the Maya of the Vedanta, in its last developed form, is neither Idealism nor Realism, nor is it a theory. It is a simple statement of facts — what we are and what we see around us.
You are only limiting yourself believing the physical universe is Maya.

Yes, what we are and what we see around us, means perception, not sight/vision. Your perception of it meaning the opposite, is all on you.

Edit: If you are seeking true Reality, since Reality is All, it must be here, now.
If you are seeking your true Self, since you are here, your Self too must be here, now.
Whatever word you are using for ‘That’, you may not see It, you may not know what It is, but for sure It must be here, now.
No need to reach It by any progressive practice.
And what is here, now? An amazing amount of manifold perceptions that appear and disappear in the boundless sentient space that you are.