Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Master
The silver cord

Can someone please explain why there is a silver cord ?
Why is it basically the life cord of someone ?

And why is it cut or why does it break upon a persons death ?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Guide
The chord is what connects the soul to the body. When we dream, astral project, have a near death experience, etc., our souls leave the body. The chord is what keeps the soul connected to the body when it leaves. When we die, the chord is cut and the soul can no longer return to the body.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 02-04-2015, 02:42 AM
Everly

I believe the cord is symbolic and not literal.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:03 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
I believe the cord is symbolic and not literal.

As a Spiritualist who has quite a few reasonably clear memories of past lives, the between-lives state, and the process of physical death and rebirth, I perceive the both the soul and the silver chord as having literal reality. I perceive of the soul as being an "astral body" made out of a specialized kind of matter that can't be perceived withe the physical senses. And each molecule in the body is linked to a similar molecule of this "astral matter", so we all have two souls: the one that's linked to the body cells by cell I call the "somatic soul" and it has one end of the silver cord linked to it. And the other end is linked to the true soul, or "astral body".
Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Master

I posed this question in the chat room and many felt it metaphorical. In all my experiences I have never seen or felt a cord.

I read on another forum where people were asking about OBEs and someone stated because of the silver cord, the soul is always safe. However, I disagree because that was their way of saying OBEs are never dangerous and I think they can cause harm when induced and not properly protected. Relying on the silver cord gives a false sense of security.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Master
I've been out of body when the cord has been there and when the cord has not been there. When the cord was there I knew that I couldn't go over the threshold.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Administrator
The silver cord is a tube shaped its light in color and it anchors the earthly body to the soul,it breaks on the point of passing over it all depends on what you believe,i know its real I have seen it break as the person passed over I wasn't looking for it,but had known about it as a medium having contact with spirit it didn't surprise me that it was real at all,when you astral travel the cord does not break it stretches but its still intact.

Namaste
Old 09-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
I've been out of body when the cord has been there and when the cord has not been there. When the cord was there I knew that I couldn't go over the threshold.

I'm doing some research on this and wonder if you tell me under what conditions did you see he cord and when you didn't. For example a NDE or an OBE?

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Master
froebellian, it was during an OBE
Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
froebellian, it was during an OBE

Thanks, was it both times? Was anything different in one or the other?

I'm just trying to see if there is a reason why it was visible in some circumstances and not in another?