Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 13-11-2016, 03:14 AM
Ascender
"Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; instead they require maturity to outgrow them."

– Steve Maraboli

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 13-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Ascender
Quote:
A human Being
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mArIya
“If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly.”

Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

Thanks for the links, mArIya, Steve Maraboli isn't someone with whom I'm familiar but I find a lot of truth in what he says Lots of great quotes there, I particularly liked these two:

'I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.'

'People tend to be generous when sharing their nonsense, fear, and ignorance. And while they seem quite eager to feed you their negativity, please remember that sometimes the diet we need to be on is a spiritual and emotional one. Be cautious with what you feed your mind and soul. Fuel yourself with positivity and let that fuel propel you into positive action.'

Yes those are great too :)

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 13-11-2016, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
'The spiritual path doesn't take you away from pain and discomfort - it takes you straight through it.' - Jim Tolles
Good one
Old 15-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Deactivated Account

When someone tells you, 'I love you,' and then you feel, 'Oh, I must be worthy after all,' that's an illusion. That's not true. Or someone says, 'I hate you,' and you think, 'Oh, God, I knew it; I'm not very worthy,' that's not true either. Neither one of these thoughts hold any intrinsic reality. They are an overlay. When someone says, 'I love you,' he is telling you about himself, not you. When someone says, 'I hate you,' she is telling you about herself, not you. World views are self views-literally.

Adyashanti
Old 16-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Experiencer
Awareness is non-dual, mind is dual, awareness cannot exist with duality and mind cannot exist without duality; identification is the root cause of your misery. -Osho
Old 16-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Experiencer
“The important thing is allowing the whole world to wake up. Part of allowing the whole world to wake up is recognizing that the whole world is free—everybody is free to be as they are. Until the whole world is free to agree with you or disagree with you, until you have given the freedom to everyone to like you or not like you, to love you or hate you, to see things as you see them or to see things differently—until you have given the whole world its freedom—you’ll never have your freedom.”
― Adyashanti,
Old 16-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Consider seriously how quickly people change,
and how little trust can be had in them;
and hold fast to God, Who does not.

-St.Teresa of Avila

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account

The way our minds hold things dualistically- just become irrelevant, like When you wake up to your true nature, you don't suddenly feel good about yourself. Did you think you were?

There i
s only one thing that is better than I am good or I am bad, and that is I am

-Adyashanti, On welcome to reality.
Old 17-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Deactivated Account

" Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you "

Eckhart Tolle
Old 20-11-2016, 03:36 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata elang
When you see ill in your friend, it is your own ill that you are observing.
- Baal Shem Tov

Thank you for posting this. Some wisdom from the Baal Shem Tov was just what I needed to break my post-election funk :-)