Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Ascender

What frightens me the most is the prospect of non existence; its just like you never existed, the scariest thing is you wouldn't even know the moment of it; I can't even begin to comprehend it, people suggest a blackness but you wouldn't even perceive that, its just the complete absence of everything.
Maybe because you can actually only perceive existence perhaps from a subjective pov that very last nanosecond of awareness stretches into a personal infinity or something. You cannot perceive non existence as there is no you and I find that utterly terrifying. Its what Im struggling the most with over my mother's passing. It's the main reason I'm here to find answers, if there is more. I know I wont find scientific evidence, I doubt we ever will, but I'm here to examine people's own experiences on apparitions , NDEs & mediumship. My sister has experienced an NDE and there was paranormal activity in my home 30 years ago so I have some personal experience. The mediumship seems to offer some of the most compelling accounts BUT is the one most susceptible to fraud or a genuine but mistaken belief in a 'gift'. Also telepathy hasn't been ruled out in the more convincing cases. I come here with a very open mind but with a tough heart to convince. I hope people on here are willing to share their experiences and at the very least let me share in their personal convictions. And they will understand why I might have many questions and not jump to ill conclusions for example that I am suggesting they have made it all up. I will never automatically jump to that conclusion although like most, I like to think I can tell if I am being taken for a ride.