Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 04-11-2014, 02:12 AM
Experiencer
Signs or just coincidence?

So I've been doubting "the other side", you know every once in a while I get a little skeptic about things. So I just "asked" to a deceased person if he could send me a sign he was somewhere and that he could listen. As I was talking I said that he could give some signs, I said that I couldn't request anything really impossible to happen, neither something too simple.

Eventually I told him to show me a butterfly and a feather. Quite simple, but not so easy to see these days, since I don't see much butterflies over here as I used to years ago. Anyway...I think 3 days had passed and I just thought to myself that this was a sign that he couldn't listen after all. So I just decided to abandon the thought.

The next morning I went to my house's garden and there was a white butterfly flying around. But I was just: "nah, it's been days..." My uncle told me he had seen a different butterfly the day before so it just confirmed that it was no big deal to me. I went to feed my dog and there was a feather lying on the ground.
Once again, I was like: "nah, nope, it can't be." Thing is I know columbinas(dove) sometimes try to "steal" my dog's food, so obviously the feather belonged to one of them. But I certainly don't see a feather every day, in fact I can't remember the last time I've seen one before this day.

So it still left me wondering...my skeptical side sometimes is relentless. So I said "ok, I need another sign, something else, but I can't decide what, you'll need to find one, I don't know, something I'll know it's a sign."

More two days, and I had the impression the was someone standing next to me in my house's hall. Anyway, I went to sleep. And suddenly I started to feel goosebumps. It's weird because you're sleeping but still on your bed, just there, no dream landscape/scenario whatever, just the hair standing sensation. So I was trying to wake up. And all I could hear was a female voice say: "listen to your dear deceased." I woke up, hair standing and all. It probably was 3 or 4am. It was All Souls' Day.

I went back to sleep and had some regular dreams this time, though the last one had one friend of mine who had died years ago too. We talked but in the context of the dream we were, which was us being criminals in risk of losing our lives. (This was the reason he died in the real world, but I didn't know he was involved in such things 'til he was arrested.) In the dream, when people trying to kill us arrived he asked me if I loved him and I said yes. And he vanished into some grainy black mist to the sky. I woke up.

So do you guys think these were really signs or just coincidence?

----------

Background story about my friend on the last dream(not the person I asked for signs):
When he was arrested his mom wanted me to testify and be his alibi, that he wasn't committing crimes he was accused of. I couldn't go because I was sick(manic episode caused by antidepressants /i'm bipolar). I'm not sure his mom or himself believed me at all, but that was the very truth. Also, I couldn't help much, since I wouldn't lie and he didn't stay all afternoon with me, but left in company of others friends unknown to me.

Anyway, the last thing I heard was that he was released from jail. And I never heard of him again. 'Til another friend of mine messaged me saying he was killed, shot to death. Her words were like: "where were you??!!!! you didn't even go to his funeral!!!!!!!" Literally blaming me when she said herself that she didn't go to it 'cause she simply doesn't like funerals.
She treated like I was having the time of my life somewhere, when I was going thru hell in my own life. I don't like spreading the news about my own pain, struggles and embarrassment, so she didn't know about any of it, but why point fingers at me?

Could this dream be really him asking me if I loved him because he felt I didn't because I wasn't there when he was arrested and his funeral? He didn't know about me being bipolar. Could it have some connection to All Souls' Day? Here in my country lots of people go to graveyards to visit their loved ones in this day. I don't even know where he's buried...but from all you guys tell, it seems there's no need to visit graveyards at all.

Or maybe it was just a dream?
--------
Old 04-11-2014, 04:52 AM
Experiencer

I know what you mean. I question things myself. Is it all in my mind. But then when's enough enough? The saturation point of "no longer able to deny another sign". I don't think I have a general barometer to relay, but I've had some experiences I look back on now with awe. I do believe that coincidences do add up to a confirmation/message. But I'm still growing in this awareness.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:16 AM
primrose

I'm a firm believer due to many experiences I've had. I would say that you should believe that your friend came to you in your dream for that reason. As for graveyards they only hold the body. The Souls have moved on.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Master
Everything is connected. There is no such thing as coincidences.

"Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those who have eyes to see." - Carl Jung
Old 05-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Experiencer
I'll try to use my "eyes" to see more. Maybe I'm just awaking to the true reality(essence) of things?

Thanks for your input.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Zen Judah

i think it was a sign.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Bnhappy

I have been where you are, not sure if I was getting signs, or if I may even be crazy. I have done lot of tarot and medium readings to this point in my life, and I do have to say that once I began to open my mind and believe that these were signs, they became clearer. Not only did they become more clear to me personally, but I had to be sure, so I would put it out there to whoever I was reading for to simply see if it connected with them, and sure enough, signs everywhere, and dead clear meaning for the people I would do readings for. After a while you begin to accept and trust it, and get into more of a mindset that nothing is coincidence, universal laws work under that, everything is energy, we attract ourselves and experiences to us, this is as well with signs and symbols.

I totally get you because I thought I may need psychological help at one point in my life, I was hearing things, knew things, seeing things in my minds eye, all that seemed to be outside of myself. This is how I discovered that I was a medium, I simply had to know if I needed psychiatric help, or if it was real, so I got the guts to start asking questions to people when I would pick things up, and it was a clear connection. I don't mean little things that could connect to anyone, but things that I could never know, and very odd, such as one of my first tries at this, I felt someone was near me, heard her laugh, seen how she looked, plus a few more things, but the one thing that stood out was that I kept hearing "Mother Flipper Fletcher," which made no sense of course. The person I was talking too confirmed every single thing, and damn near fell over when I said I kept hearing it. This turned out to be a little saying the girl said all the time, sort of like "Mother f*****." I kept at it, and it has completely amazed me at some of the things I get.

Anyway, as time has passed, over the years while say doing tarot readings I will see things, such as a book on the shelf, or hear something one the tv in the other room, or songs in my head, and they are always clear signs, and connect perfectly. We get signs all the time, we simply have been taught to ignore them, they are around us constantly, the only way you can verify this is to pay attention, it's not random, it happens all the time.

I did just recently take some courses for mediumship, I have never had training, and every course I have taken all say the same thing that I have personally experienced. If you ask a question, you will get the answer, often within three days, it could be a week, but pay attention and you will get your signs. It may seem crazy at first, but when you continue to practice it, the messages will get clearer, and you will get them clearly, and after a while you will get immediate answers.
Old 15-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Experiencer
Thanks.

@Bnhappy should I ask verbally or only think of a question? Does it make any difference?