Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-03-2016, 09:36 PM

Odd experience? Link to third eye?

So I just finished a short meditation session when something that has never happened to me before came to be. Note that I have been acquainted with meditation since I am a child from my father, but I had never gotten too serious about it and thus can say I'm inexperienced.

So this time, I decide to meditate using some music from YouTube, the title says something about Theta waves.

After some time of trying to empty my mind, I'm eventually almost fully cleared of it. It feel appropriate to say some affirmations out loud, which I do. Then I ask for guidance from my guardian angels, or whatever else they are called. Eventually, I reach a point where I'm truly thinking about nothing except the back thought of the rythm of the music, to which I'm paying no attention.

I open my eyes. A few moments later, a sharp pain shoots above my left eye and under my left eyebrow. It wasn't unpleasant, nor did it feel truly physical. I guess it was like pressure. This "pressure" widens to the whole lower forehead region, but mainly near my left eye/eyebrow. (At that moment, I think, "is this my third eye opening?) I then see in front of my eyes a weird figure, a sketch of light, which makes me think of a lion, for unknown reasons. The sketch momentarily resembles 2-3 beings, looking back at me, but then it goes back to being an incomprehensible sketch. This goes on for a few moments until I decide to stop.

Can anybody explain my experience? Does it have anything to do with my third eye? I have been craving its opening for the last three years but haven't been able to put too much effort into it. Or does it have to do with my guardian angel(s)?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the lengthy read!

Last edited by Tsorr : 13-03-2016 at 12:32 AM.
Old 24-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Knower
Tsorr, I cannot explain what it was but found your experience interesting. I was taught not to completely empty the mind while meditating (rather fill that space with light and love) else one might open a space for undesirable energies to worm their way in. Just food for thought. I have never heard of anyone's third eye opening halfhazzardly, but have heard of spontaneous occurrances even if people are fairly new to the practice. Usually that would be in the center, though, and you would know it without doubt. I am not speaking from experience, just what others have shared.

Some years ago after a particularly deep meditation - perhaps an hour in length - I decided to rest on my bed for a few minutes before getting busy. I wasn't exactly sleepy, but tired from sitting up and so opted to 'vegitate' for a bit. I think it is true to say my mind went blank. Soon after, my consciousness was forcibly pulled from my body, across the room, and down through the floorboards of my closet! This was not a pleasant or desired sort of out of body experience. It was forced - I was dragged out - and had to fight my way back in. Honestly, it spooked me for a long time. When I asked my 'church' for advice, I was reminded to never let the mind go completely blank and was advised to trace the Om symbol on walls or the bed and such with my finger as extra protection against tramp souls who may be lurking, waiting for an opportunity to have some fun at my expense! Ha ha. I just read what I wrote, and it sounds a bit nuts - but 100% true. Lol. Such is spiritual life. Best wishes with your practice! Hope others have more useful feedback. Peace, d.
Old 25-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Knower
After many years of meditation I can tell you that during and after meditations we release things, old trauma’s old baggage and sometimes you really feel it. Maybe you were releasing something. I was taught that whatever you experience in meditation just let it go don’t get caught up in it take it as it is. Sometimes your arm jerks other times you have a feeling that a needle is inserted into your leg or hip or whatever believe me this happens often we are awakening to our Devine selves and before we are there we will have to release a lot of baggage.
Just my two cents
Love Joe
Old 29-03-2016, 03:13 PM

Thank you for your inputs, Delsol and Joe!

After talking to my father about it, he is convinced that this is simply my crown chakra being overly active, and accepting a whole lot of energy. He believes my chakra points are "blocked" and this is what is creating the pressure in my forehead. I am honestly not sure what to believe, but it was convincing for me. Maybe you have more input?

As for your suggestions, I'll be sure not to fully empty my mind. However, I have been told countless times, and had it proven to me in the past that I have a powerful "shield" protecting me from that sort of thing. I place a lot of trust in this ability of mine, but I will be more careful from now on.

Joe, that is super interesting. Maybe it is baggage too! Thanks a lot for your input. Have you hears of baggage pain being centralized in the forehead though? The location of the pain seemed very odd, and relevant somehow.

Thank you both!
Old 31-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Interesting experience. I experienced seeing things and even remote viewing during a 21 day meditation retreat in Thailand. Very interesting stuff.