Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-02-2016, 05:53 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Getting distracted.

I usually keep getting distracted while in meditation. I normally tend to think even more in silence. What do you think is the reason?
Old 20-02-2016, 06:12 AM
Pathfinder
It's just normal to become distracted in meditation. Meditate in a quiet place without posters or bright objects and maybe play a bit of quiet music. Practice will make it easier to stay with yourself in silence.
Old 20-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomith
I usually keep getting distracted while in meditation. I normally tend to think even more in silence. What do you think is the reason?

Becoming more conscious of the mind.
Old 20-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Guide

Let the thoughts roll and just observe them.
Old 21-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Master

I'd say you have a meditation-award: you are aware of your thinking.

Keeping doing meditation will increase the ability of mind control in the course of time.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Keep going. Distraction is a normal thing. This is a reaction to the meditation. You'll be getting more calm with time
Old 24-02-2016, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomith
What do you think is the reason?
It is the job of the ego-mind to do this.

How distracted are you watching a 2.5 hr movie in the theater?

When something is more powerful than the mind...laying with your mate,
listening to
an amazing outdoor concert, a movie, a delicious meal, working on your art project or hobby...where is the distraction then?
Someone could call your name and you don't hear them ! Ha!
You are so absorbed , right?

Find that 'thing' inside you that you love...that captures your attention
and heart...no more distractions will happen.

Your focus needs to be refined...fined tuned.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Knower
I always find it's difficult to keep my eyes closed. I get this feeling like something is watching over me so I want to open my eyes and look.

Actually the best place I ever meditated is probably my walk-in closet, with the lights off. Precisely because I knew nobody could possibly be in there without me hearing/feeling the door open. Plus it is great at shutting out external sounds. Almost like an isolation chamber.
Old 25-02-2016, 01:57 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsInMotion
I always find it's difficult to keep my eyes closed. I get this feeling like something is watching over me so I want to open my eyes and look.

Actually the best place I ever meditated is probably my walk-in closet, with the lights off. Precisely because I knew nobody could possibly be in there without me hearing/feeling the door open. Plus it is great at shutting out external sounds. Almost like an isolation chamber.

That is interesting. Letting you know that the mind needs to feel comfortable to go within. Setup a comfy space in the closet. Practice in there and remind your mind that fear/uncertainty are ok - and with repetition it will get easier.

For me - I must have my phone switched to Aeroplane mode - otherwise a tiny little distraction in the back of my mind wonders if my phone will ring :)
Old 25-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Knower
I would say to try a mantra like when you breath in you think I and with the out breath think am. And every time the mind starts drifting go back to the I am. Great meditation!! Just keep trying it will come to you.
Joe