Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Edgar Cayce's readings on Revelations are the best.

It completely neglects the "end of the world" scenario.

Why?

Because the Jewish God was never interested in destruction except renewal of humanity as a new Eden, and the soul spiritualized and made divine.

HAHAHA I confused Animus27 and Amilius777 for the same user.
Amilius777 looks like you have
Old 20-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:

Why?

Because the Jewish God was never interested in destruction except renewal of humanity as a new Eden, and the soul spiritualized and made divine.

"Babylon", has represented a number of things. Such as Hollywood... the Catholic church, and the world general.

Originally, it was that great city in Persia, now Iraq, and Iran... said to have had every material luxury, excess, and convenience of the time. (Also related with the devil.)

As did Egypt also at certain time.

To which Jonah the prophet was sent, however unwillingly, after spending some time in the belly of a large fish, we are told. (Ninevah.)

Look up, "George Laurer", at Wikipedia, the creator of the UPC... and also, "The Beast" at this website...

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/age-of-aquarius/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Animus27

Quote:

Why?

The Church has never said it's the end of the world. No need for Cayce to tell us that. Many people find Revelation frightening, I remember my grandmother refusing to read it because of it's bizarre imagery, but the apocalypse (in the proper sense of the word) is a ultimately message of hope.
Old 20-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Babylon", has represented a number of things. Such as Hollywood... the Catholic church, and the world general.

Originally, it was that great city in Persia, now Iraq, and Iran... said to have had every material luxury, excess, and convenience of the time. (Also related with the devil.)

As did Egypt also at certain time.

To which Jonah the prophet was sent, however unwillingly, after spending some time in the belly of a large fish, we are told. (Ninevah.)

Look up, "George Laurer", at Wikipedia, the creator of the UPC... and also, "The Beast" at this website...

http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/age-of-aquarius/
It's truly disheartening to see people using astrology to interpret the Scriptures. Since it's expressly forbidden by them.

Next thing we'll be sacrificing to Dagon to increase church attendance.

It's also interesting to note that the Book of the Watchers names astrology as one of the arts taught to human women by fallen angels.
Old 20-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
HAHAHA I confused Animus27 and Amilius777 for the same user.
Amilius777 looks like you have
Don't worry, I do it all the time.

"when did I change my avatar and post in this thread?... Oh wait"
Old 20-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis Lazuli
The mark of the beast has nothing to do with money or trade at all. It represents mans dual nature...spiritual and animalistic. Like most things in the Bible, it has been misunderstood and twisted around to the point that the original truth to it are lost. Fear is what people think it teaches now. It takes a true understanding of the Bible to gain anything of deep value out of it, then, it can transform your life!

Neither could I call money or trade as the mark of the beast.
But I won't dismiss the idea of money and trade to be used by the beast.
The way I see it is - what exactly the beast means to any of us is not all the same.
Had I been born to some fanatic religious fr**ks, and because of some ideas like the mark of the beast
they would have probably burned or found a way of killing me when I was a baby
for having a natural 5 point star sign at my right palm and a 6 pointed pentagram on my left - which I only see as balance, not a devil's work
as I am sure my parents have not been involved in anything satanic or occult.

Old 20-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis Lazuli
The mark of the beast has nothing to do with money or trade at all. It represents mans dual nature...spiritual and animalistic. Like most things in the Bible, it has been misunderstood and twisted around to the point that the original truth to it are lost. Fear is what people think it teaches now. It takes a true understanding of the Bible to gain anything of deep value out of it, then, it can transform your life!
Yes, we'll ignore the the fact that the mark is mentioned explicitly as something to do with money, and insert our own preconceived opinion into the text.

I find it astonishing that people can claim some special truth concerning the Bible, when they don't even believe in it to begin with. While they skillfully ignore the understanding of people who have lived and died for their faith, and ridicule them for not having a privileged understanding - that they themselves have.

But I suppose it's not surprising, the elitist heresy of gnosticism has always been around to twist the faith of the Apostles.
Old 20-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
Neither could I call money or trade as the mark of the beast.
But I won't dismiss the idea of money and trade to be used by the beast.
The way I see it is - what exactly the beast means to any of us is not all the same.
Had I been born to some fanatic religious fr**ks, and because of some ideas like the mark of the beast
they would have probably burned or found a way of killing me when I was a baby
for having a natural 5 point star sign at my right palm and a 6 pointed pentagram on my left - which I only see as balance, not a devil's work
as I am sure my parents have not been involved in anything satanic or occult.

Hyperbole aside, pentagrams were used to represent the 5 wounds of Christ in medieval Europe
Old 20-04-2013, 04:44 AM
Master
I understand Animus.

It seems like spiritual new-age people only care for the metaphysical aspects of the Bible.

But religious people only care for the literalness and history which can betray them in end since the Bible is very unhistorical.

There needs to be a balance.

Whether people like it or not the mark of the beast essentially has to do with money and the systems of the world.

The Jewish people had their share of mystics (Moses, Elijah) but also had their share of prophets (outspoken clairvoyants). Many like Mother Teresa, Ghandi, and MLK can be seen as modern day Jeremiahs and Ezekiel's. They see the problems in the world and they try to fix them or write about them.

In John's case of Revelation he needed to be very private to conceal the hidden messages.

Of course the mark of beast was Nero's selling and buying, the Beast itself was Rome, and the false prophet was Nero himself. The Roman Empire was the enemy of Jews and early Christians. The Romans embodied the bestial enemy- Imperialism.

The enemy of Judaism from Moses to Jesus WAS Imperialism, the Beast, which took form as Babylon, Egypt, Persia, Greece, and finally Rome. Perhaps the author of Revelations saw that in the fast future, the Beast (Imperialism) will finally be destroyed along with all it's political power and false Organized religions. And the world will enter a new Eden, a state of peace.

This is the most Jewish thing about the Bible, that Eden MUST be restored and will be Restored!
Old 20-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Lapis Lazuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Yes, we'll ignore the the fact that the mark is mentioned explicitly as something to do with money, and insert our own preconceived opinion into the text.

I find it astonishing that people can claim some special truth concerning the Bible, when they don't even believe in it to begin with. While they skillfully ignore the understanding of people who have lived and died for their faith, and ridicule them for not having a privileged understanding - that they themselves have.

But I suppose it's not surprising, the elitist heresy of gnosticism has always been around to twist the faith of the Apostles.

Believe what you want, but you found a lot of things in my post that I did not say.