Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael

Practice being in need of only a few things, for this is the closest thing to God, while the opposite is the farthest. (Crates of Thebes)

The rock is the one that needs less in order to exist, therefore, it is closest to the divine essence, being outside the strife of the animal kingdom.

I find that uninspiring. I can't believe that's the way.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I find that uninspiring. I can't believe that's the way.

The way to what? It's certainly not the way to fame, fortune and to what most (?) consider leads to happiness.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 16-02-2020, 10:13 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
"God sleeps in the rock, dreams in the plant, stirs in the animal, and awakens in man." ~ Ibn Arabi

+

Practice being in need of only a few things, for this is the closest thing to God, while the opposite is the farthest. (Crates of Thebes)

The rock is the one that needs less in order to exist, therefore, it is closest to the divine essence, being outside the strife of the animal kingdom.

Actually, pure consciousness is outside of strife. Outside of desire, aversion, fear, love, lust, hatred, anger, anything you can conceive of. It doesn't conceive but only experiences.

Outside isn't necessarily the correct word, but language is what always fails in these discussions.

Practice... When practice manifests outside of practice. The conscious equivalent of muscle memory, if you will.
Old 16-02-2020, 11:18 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Actually, pure consciousness is outside of strife. Outside of desire, aversion, fear, love, lust, hatred, anger, anything you can conceive of. It doesn't conceive but only experiences.

Outside isn't necessarily the correct word, but language is what always fails in these discussions.

Practice... When practice manifests outside of practice. The conscious equivalent of muscle memory, if you will.

Yes, a free consciousness, they (philosophers) use different words but seem to have the same ideal of the yogis.

To me those those two quotes are complementary, not contradictory, that's why I used the plus sign. The man is the only one who can "practice being in need of few things", because he has the gift of a unique mind, capable of understanding reality and inquiring about God. Animals can't change their ways if they find themselves straying from the path, nor can they choose another philosophy to better suit their desires.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 17-02-2020, 12:12 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
"God sleeps in the rock, dreams in the plant, stirs in the animal, and awakens in man." ~ Ibn Arabi

God does not sleep in rocks, nor dream in plants. Sleep and dreams are for physical beings. God is purely spiritual in nature, so has no need for either.

The other entities on this planet, that people demean by calling them "animals", are more spiritually connected to God than most people are.
Old 17-02-2020, 12:33 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eternal Soul
God does not sleep in rocks, nor dream in plants. Sleep and dreams are for physical beings. God is purely spiritual in nature, so has no need for either.

The other entities on this planet, that people demean by calling them "animals", are more spiritually connected to God than most people are.

I was quoting JustASimpleGuy, but good for you that you know everything about God, what He/She does and does not, can and cannot do. What's His favorite color?
Old 17-02-2020, 08:57 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

It's a metaphor...
Old 17-02-2020, 11:53 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's a metaphor...

Metaphor for what?
Old 17-02-2020, 11:59 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
I was quoting JustASimpleGuy, but good for you that you know everything about God, what He/She does and does not, can and cannot do. What's His favorite color?
Oh, so you were just quoting something you knew nothing about, ok then.
Old 18-02-2020, 12:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Metaphor for what?
A metaphor for relative existence as the conscious observer observing itself as the object of observation.

Consciousness is the substratum of the universe. It is the canvas upon which, everything is painted or the primal vibration which expresses itself through infinite fractal vectors and variables.

Therefore, consciousness cannot evolve beyond what it already is, but what it already is can evolve through being the conscious agent of its own awareness..and yet, there is no "becoming" as opposed to that which it always has been.

This may be a difficult concept for many to understand through rational thought.