Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 AM
novomanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
I tend to think of it like gravity.

Yes.. this is why i compared it with gravity in my article but with a clear distinction i.e. Gravity is about a material attracting material while Law of Karma is about a "behavior" attracting 'Similar behavior'.. Thanks

Further, as pointed out, it contains a time lag (even extended to life times).. so there must be a phenomenon behind it..
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM
novomanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
it's about learning lessons so your soul can further develop

Thanks for pointing this out.. however, i would say that's an objective of Law of Karma and there must be a phenomenon for achieving this objective.. and I hope to explore the phenomenon here..
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by novomanish
Thanks for pointing this out.. however, i would say that's an objective of Law of Karma and there must be a phenomenon for achieving this objective.. and I hope to explore the phenomenon here..
Sorry, not sure I understood "there must be a phenomenon for achieving this objective". Can you clarify it for me?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Yes.. this is why i compared it with gravity in my article but with a clear distinction i.e. Gravity is about a material attracting material while Law of Karma is about a "behavior" attracting 'Similar behavior'.. Thanks

Further, as pointed out, it contains a time lag (even extended to life times).. so there must be a phenomenon behind it..

This is why I said "like" gravity, unlike gravity it isn't restricted by mass and distance although the behavior is similar. I believe I also said magnetism as well, again without the problem of space/time.

As others have mentioned on this thread. It can come at any time, it may not be restricted but it sure has patience.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Ascender
To me its not much of a mystery. If you look at your life "like" a scale. You put something on the left, it tips the scale. If you don't remove it yourself (I.E. atone for it), a weight will be added to the other side re-zeroing the scale.

To add I know you don't see karma as mass, but it does bare weight. Our actions bare weight on others, its not physical but we do have to bare it. Hence the phrase "it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders". Its proven our thoughts directly affect our physical health.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 AM
novomanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
Sorry, not sure I understood "there must be a phenomenon for achieving this objective". Can you clarify it for me?
To clarify myself on this.. lets say, we go office to work.. so that is an objective.. but phenomenon would be, we take a vehicle, drive it on road, stop at red lights and park the vehicle in parking and take a lift and reach office.. Similarly, objective of Law of Karma is learning lessons but phenomenon would be .. an action is done, its impression is preserved and announced to universe, then it gets multiplied and returns to the exact same person..

So purpose of this discussion is to explore what exactly is the phenomenon behind Law of Karma..

Hope, I have clarified myself and direction of this discussion..
Old 13-05-2013, 06:02 AM
spiritualseeker13

What is the definition of 'karma'?

Supporting any action, with the claim, "I am doing it," is karma. Claiming doership of any action, binds karma.To support the action with the belief 'I am the doer' is called binding the karma. It is this support of the belief of 'doership' that binds karma. If you know that you are not the doer and are aware of who the true doer is, 'I am not the doer' and 'who is the doer' then the action will not have any support and the karma will be shed.
Old 31-05-2013, 06:28 AM
jaydonc

Author describes the few facts of Geeta in the post which are well written.
Old 31-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Angel1

Quote:
The discussion is about the principle behind Law of Karma.

So what could be the basis behind it?
Same as the color red. Same as the air I breathe.
God's Brilliance. Ahhhh. My Father's Genius Plan...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-05-2013, 02:29 PM
hand415

As far as formal education on Karma goes, it is "what goes around, comes around" and that is on a sliding scale of enlightened (selfless) karma or reciprocity; or ignorant (selfish) karma.
According to those who grew up considering good deeds as leading to good karma, or lessons from the universe intended to further enlighten them, are the point. It is quite wide, and relied upon as opposed to our "good and evil" system. One desires good karmic lessons, therefore one at least acts selflessly. The universe responds in kind.
Americans tend to dwell on certain negative threats. There are no accidents, only lessons, that are in fact intended for the individual. One will in fact, on some level, see the point; even if the lesson is not appreciated or accepted.