Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Nada

TF Idea and Possible Mental Disorder - is it possible??

Ok,
Let's have honest and open discussions about this. (For the sake of our emotional well-being and sanity)
I often had considered that my TF was suffering from sometype of obsessive disorder (until I found this site about TF last year). He does not just think about me but he actually goes a great length to re-connect. (Traveling long distance and all kinds of efforts, even now that I am married)
The most strange part is that I also think about him but I just keep him in my mind, like a photo album. (For 25 years)
Of course there are the dreams but dreams can just be a part of my thoughts. And telepathic connection but it also can be a part of my thoughts. There are signs/reminders but again, this can be what I seek to notice subconsciously. My biggest reasons for "rejecting him" each time are the strangeness of our connection and my own obsessive thoughts about him. It scares me and absolutely paralyzing. I have no choice but to run away from it.

So, maybe we are all suffering from some type of mental disorder.
In another post, Darkest Hour and Soul Walker mentioned Limerence, a mental disorder.
There are several other types of mental disorders that may fit into TF idea/thoughts.

Limerence, Obesessive Love, OCD, Attachment disorder, Schizophrenia, Erotomania, and etc.
Have you consider that you or your TF may be suffering from any mental disorder?? and that this TF idea is merely an illusion to camelflage our mental disorder??

Since many of us are thinking that we may be actually crazy, we really should open up about this subject.

So, who is crazy around here? (me. me..._ )
Old 22-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
So, maybe we are all suffering from some type of mental disorder.
In another post, Darkest Hour mentioned Limerence, a mental disorder.
There are several other types of mental disorders that may fit into TF idea/thoughts.

Limerence, Obesessive Love, OCD, Attachment disorder, Schizophrenia, Erotomania, and etc.
Have you consider that you or your TF may be suffering from any mental disorder?? and that this TF idea is merely an illusion to camelflage our mental disorder??

Since many of us are thinking that we may be actually crazy, we really should open up about this subject.

So, who is crazy around here? (me. me..._ )

Please don't compare the two, it lowers the importance of the pain that the "victim's" of those illnesses go through.

Or use the word crazy when referring to them, I know you mean it in a playful way, but there are others who misuse it and make those suffering from mental illnesses feel like not a normal person.
Old 22-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
Please don't compare the two, it lowers the importance of the pain that the "victim's" of those illnesses go through.

Or use the word crazy when referring to them, I know you mean it in a playful way, but there are others who misuse it and make those suffering from mental illnesses feel like not a normal person.
But Suika,
That is just the point.
We have to compare the two in order to openly discuss about the possibility of mental disorder associated with this kind of obsessive attraction.
I am not going to change the word to please some people.
Those who feel uncomfortable are free to just move pass this posting and not participate.
But DO NOT ATTACK JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE IT.
Old 22-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Ascender

Does it really matter? It is what it is. I've tried to fight my obsession and I've given up and just accept that he is with me all the time. I have found peace in that, so whether that's a mental illness or not, who is to say. Quite frankly, I don't care about labels at all and believe that a lot of so called mentally ill aren't getting the attention and healing they deserve. They get labelled, put away by society and filled with drugs. Sad if you ask me.
Old 22-03-2012, 09:06 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest
Does it really matter? It is what it is. I've tried to fight my obsession and I've given up and just accept that he is with me all the time. I have found peace in that, so whether that's a mental illness or not, who is to say. Quite frankly, I don't care about labels at all and believe that a lot of so called mentally ill aren't getting the attention and healing they deserve. They get labelled, put away by society and filled with drugs. Sad if you ask me.

You're looking very sexy right now!!! Keep it up :p
Old 22-03-2012, 09:09 PM
TouchingHeart

Part of the definition of limerence I read says: "Limerence is distinguished from "love" in that love (in most of its meanings) involves concern for the loved one's welfare and feelings with little or no expectation of gain in return. In contrast, limerence demands reciprocation.

Also in distinction from love, limerence tends to be comparatively short-lived. It can last one and half years at most, but typically lasts only a few months. Either reciprocation occurs and limerence is replaced by other feelings (possibly lasting love), evidence that the limerent object does not reciprocate finally overwhelms the limerent's passion, or the limerence is transferred to a new object."

I don't think with that definition that limerence applies in my situation. It says can last 1 1/2 years at most........definitely doesn't apply since I'm well beyond that, and I'm not demanding reciprocation in return, it's just an unconditional love that I have, and I don't think unconditional love is considered a mental illness.
Old 22-03-2012, 09:22 PM
BeautifulLife

If having a TF is a mental disorder than we seriouly need to dedicate a ton of money to research how to induce this disorder in everyone on the planet. Maybe some of us would reunite with our TF's sooner if they had this "disorder" as well.

I've experience more growth in the past few years of my life than the 34 years that proceeded it. I didn't ask for this disorder but now I welcome it. It has provided expenential growth NOT just for the good of my own well being but also for the rest of the world. Everyone I interact with is having a completely different experience. Not just for me but also for them. That high energy I show transfers forth. Not just to them but onto others they interact with as well. Kinda like that movie Pay it forward. The moutain of pain I've felt yeilded a mountain of love and empathy for people I'd have never shown it to in the past. Disorder? Get real. If disorders are causing people to better their own experience on this planet while sharing love for others we seriously need to rethink that definition of disorder. While we're at it we might rethink "crazy" as well. Than again I guess we're all just crazy in love.
Old 22-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulLife
You're looking very sexy right now!!! Keep it up :p

lol I didn't know you could SEE me!
But then, I'm not surprised anymore about anything in life, expecting the unexpected Thanks BL! Looks like I'm finally getting it, even though I'm obsessing ;) I want I want I want... haha

I like your above post too. I have experienced more growth since November of last year than I did in my entire life prior to that! All thanks to my TF. I will be forever grateful to him that he woke me up, shook me to my core, gave me pain I've never experienced in my life but also allowed us to experience pure divine love which is such bliss! I wouldn't wanna miss it ever in my life, in fact I know that the day I'll die I'll think of those precious moments with him and say it was all worth living my life just for those few moments. And it had a huge impact on how I relate to others as well, and I see the change in how others react to me too. It feels darn good, that's for sure. Living from the heart space is challenging at times but it is so worth it!
Old 22-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:

very beautifully put quest xx

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 22-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
But Suika,
That is just the point.
We have to compare the two in order to openly discuss about the possibility of mental disorder associated with this kind of obsessive attraction.
I am not going to change the word to please some people.
Those who feel uncomfortable are free to just move pass this posting and not participate.
But DO NOT ATTACK JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE IT.

I didn't attack, in any way, and I am sorry if you felt I was...it's just that when it comes to mental illnesses I cannot help but take things very seriously.

Besides, I was in such a rush that I forgot to add something, there may be those who find comfort or make a big deal out of the TF experience, because they already suffer from a previous condition that "binds" them to it. This does not mean that everyone who researches the theory does in fact suffer from anything.

Mental illness is detrimental to our Spiritual selves, especially when the thoughts and emotions avoid us from thinking clearly and feeling what we are supposed to.

A true TF connection is only helpful for us spiritually never the opposite, because it can only push us to grow in every aspect of ourselves.

Quote:

Well I can agree with the part of being labeled and being put away by society, unfortunately the drugs are really needed by some, not everyone who's taking them at the moment, but some really do.

Remember this in some years, because I am sure of it: first it was the civil rights of African-Americans fight, now Gay rights, next is Mental Illnesses...and the only way I won't take part in it, is because I must be already dead by then.