Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-07-2014, 02:09 PM
guttiha

Another "is this AP?" thread :)

I don't know if what I am doing is just deep meditation, or if it is the beginning of an AP.

I only manage to do this in the bathtub after I have been bathing for a long time and getting very relaxed. Hot water is really calming... Thoughts usually can't bother me while I'm in there.

So what I do is after a while I get up on my feet, and I look into the mirror. I fix my eyes on the pupil in one of my eyes or on the navel. When I do this I quite quickly go into some kind of trance, where I easily can feel my brain waves. If I don't want to think I don't, opposed to otherwise during the day, where I usually can't stop thinking this easy.

I have NOT travelled outside my body yet, but I wonder if I can, and how.
If I manage to concentrate for a while I get this floating sensation, and everything gets blurry. When it's on its most blurry and floating, I can't seem to hold on to it, so I go back to having a clear vision and then need to start over.

What I'm asking is: Is this the beginning of AP?
Old 12-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Pathfinder

i wouldnt try to project while standing up haha you might come back to a body with a cracked skull
Old 12-07-2014, 01:59 AM
Master

Sounds like you are getting close to an alter state , but not out of body . You want to do this setting or laying down . The only up rite method I have scene is using what is know as a witches craddle .
Old 12-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Master

I think you may be just sending yourself into altered states.

Im sure how I feel about someone trying to go AP while in the bathtub (I occassionally sleep in mine but I dont think I'd try to go AP while knowing Im in the bath).

I think you need to work on body relaxation a lot more without needing to have aids like soaking in bath and a mirror before you are ready to be trying AP. Being able to relax well is probably the most important starting point.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:19 AM
guttiha

Hehe, okay, thanks guys :)

Are the altered states good use for anything?
Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttiha
I don't know if what I am doing is just deep meditation, or if it is the beginning of an AP.

I only manage to do this in the bathtub after I have been bathing for a long time and getting very relaxed. Hot water is really calming... Thoughts usually can't bother me while I'm in there.

So what I do is after a while I get up on my feet, and I look into the mirror. I fix my eyes on the pupil in one of my eyes or on the navel. When I do this I quite quickly go into some kind of trance, where I easily can feel my brain waves. If I don't want to think I don't, opposed to otherwise during the day, where I usually can't stop thinking this easy.

I have NOT travelled outside my body yet, but I wonder if I can, and how.
If I manage to concentrate for a while I get this floating sensation, and everything gets blurry. When it's on its most blurry and floating, I can't seem to hold on to it, so I go back to having a clear vision and then need to start over.

What I'm asking is: Is this the beginning of AP?

What you're describing isn't astral projection. What you're describing is a trance state, which is a very different experience that astral projection. To astral project, your body has to be in sleep paralysis or sleep atonia. You can't detatch from the physical without this part. You may not ever have to feel the sleep paralysis or sleep atonia, but it's there. To my knowledge, you'd have to be in a position other than standing up. I've never heard of anyone astral projecting from a state other than one in which the body is paralyzed to enable altered states of consciousness, either a regular dream, a lucid dream, or a projection. I project from a perfectly awake state, but I know that paralysis sets in because I experience the first inklings of it. This trance state you're experiencing is something I'm familiar with and something easily reached through meditation. It's more akin to a hypnagogic state that doesn't require paralysis, or for most people it's pre-paralysis. I'm capable of entering this trance state pretty easily by doing exactly what you're doing: relaxing deeply. It's a heightened hypnagogic state. If you're interested in astral projecting, you'd either need to be sitting comfortably in a position your body can fall asleep in, or laying down...preferably in your back. If you can reach this heightened waking hypnagogia, you will probably have an easy time of projecting. Good luck!
Old 14-07-2014, 03:28 PM
guttiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egadanadage
What you're describing isn't astral projection. What you're describing is a trance state, which is a very different experience that astral projection. To astral project, your body has to be in sleep paralysis or sleep atonia. You can't detatch from the physical without this part. You may not ever have to feel the sleep paralysis or sleep atonia, but it's there. To my knowledge, you'd have to be in a position other than standing up. I've never heard of anyone astral projecting from a state other than one in which the body is paralyzed to enable altered states of consciousness, either a regular dream, a lucid dream, or a projection. I project from a perfectly awake state, but I know that paralysis sets in because I experience the first inklings of it. This trance state you're experiencing is something I'm familiar with and something easily reached through meditation. It's more akin to a hypnagogic state that doesn't require paralysis, or for most people it's pre-paralysis. I'm capable of entering this trance state pretty easily by doing exactly what you're doing: relaxing deeply. It's a heightened hypnagogic state. If you're interested in astral projecting, you'd either need to be sitting comfortably in a position your body can fall asleep in, or laying down...preferably in your back. If you can reach this heightened waking hypnagogia, you will probably have an easy time of projecting. Good luck!

Thanks, mate.