Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 04-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Master
The last time I ate chicken it reminded me of what they had to eat in the film Alive

I still eat fish and enjoy that though.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Haha!!!!

Yes, Haha indeed.

I listened to the program last night, and for a start it had this really false sounding laughter after each joke he told, I hate it when they do that.

But there was one thing he said I thought was quite good.

Quote.

Its the hypocrisy towards animals that bothers me.

We kill them in the wild if not directly then indirectly through climate change witch has ruined there habitats.

But then we select some of them to keep in are houses like some kind of compensation scheme.
in places where others do not.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Master
Yes.. we can be total hypocrites. Many of us get sensitive when it's about cats and dogs, yet the slaughter of farm animals and wild animals is ignored. I'm not sure if that's compensation, I think it's more to do with personalization. Some animals become ''friends'' while others aren't and are met with indifference. Come to think of it, that's how many treat human issues too. If a human is closer to us, or from the same country or even ''race'' then it's suddenly important, but if there's too many differences than it's ignored. People think this is ''natural'' but to me it just shows cold indifference and a lack of spiritual maturity..

Humans have the capacity to care beyond their own little group. There's so much power in that.

(( By the way, I'm subscribed to this thread, yet it didn't pop up in my User CP... ))
It does now. I guess yours was a Ghost post!!
Old 07-09-2019, 04:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Some animals become ''friends'' while others aren't and are met with indifference. Come to think of it, that's how many treat human issues too. If a human is closer to us, or from the same country or even ''race'' then it's suddenly important, but if there's too many differences than it's ignored. People think this is ''natural'' but to me it just shows cold indifference and a lack of spiritual maturity..
SPOT ON!
I have been aware that this is how I rationalize 'things'.
..............something I need more work on.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
The last time I ate chicken it reminded me of what they had to eat in the film Alive

I still eat fish and enjoy that though.

I have not seen the film Alive, but I can imagine what your talking about, I have not seen a film in years, and I do not have a tv any more.

So the chicken became an elephant in the room, that you could not ignore.

When I started this thread I thought every one saw dead animal flesh the same as me, but ignore'd the elephant in the room.

But i'm now thinking they don't by what peeps have said here.

I'm sorry that I use words like dead animal flesh, but it is the only way I can express how I feel.

I do not dislike people who eat animals, if I did I would have hardly any friends would not be in contact with my

family, and be looking in peeps shopping baskets before I smiled at them in the super market, it would just be crazy.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes.. we can be total hypocrites. Many of us get sensitive when it's about cats and dogs, yet the slaughter of farm animals and wild animals is ignored. I'm not sure if that's compensation, I think it's more to do with personalization. Some animals become ''friends'' while others aren't and are met with indifference. Come to think of it, that's how many treat human issues too. If a human is closer to us, or from the same country or even ''race'' then it's suddenly important, but if there's too many differences than it's ignored. People think this is ''natural'' but to me it just shows cold indifference and a lack of spiritual maturity..

Humans have the capacity to care beyond their own little group. There's so much power in that.

(( By the way, I'm subscribed to this thread, yet it didn't pop up in my User CP... ))
It does now. I guess yours was a Ghost post!!

You make some very good points.

I think the powers that be want us to be kept in are own little group.

Talking of Ghost posts, I've had a lot of strange weird and wonderful things like synchonicities happen to me on sf, i think there would be some thing wrong if this was not the case, after all this is a spiritual forums.

I cant help thinking people being in there own little groups mentality originated from the take over by the christian's.

Like how they burned the witches/ pagans alive for going into the woods and worshiping nature, nature worship is wrong you must worship are judgmental god, how can loving are dear mother earth be wrong. I think there was a sexual thing the witches got up to as well so sex was also a sin.
And in a witches coven you have a priest and a high priestess the high priestess would draw down the energy with her magic wand give it to the high priest and he would give it to the rest of the coven, so the priestess was the one in direct contact with the divine energy.
So the christian's made sure only men were in control.
And so the story continues to this very day.
I'm sorry christian's, but I feel this is another elephant in the room we have ignored for a few hundred yrs.

We even discriminate against plants calling some of them weeds when they can be very healing.
And then push unnatural man made drugs onto peeps.

just my thoughts.

Last edited by Pagandell : 11-09-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Master
Yeah, those priestesses and nature lovers getting killed. Thank god those times of religious intolerance are over, at least in most places. It's worrying though that in various countries this sort of intolerance is on the rise, look at the recent surge in deforestation of the Amazon and how natives are killed. All to bring more cows in this world because Big Agriculture wants to make more money from beef.

''The Elephant in the Room'' indeed.

Yes.. 'weeds' and 'pests' as well are just nasty ways to describe other living beings. They should be removed from the dictionary and become non-words, the life of these words should be sucked out of them, surely!!
Old 11-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Yeah, those priestesses and nature lovers getting killed. Thank god those times of religious intolerance are over, at least in most places. It's worrying though that in various countries this sort of intolerance is on the rise, look at the recent surge in deforestation of the Amazon and how natives are killed. All to bring more cows in this world because Big Agriculture wants to make more money from beef.

''The Elephant in the Room'' indeed.

Yes.. 'weeds' and 'pests' as well are just nasty ways to describe other living beings. They should be removed from the dictionary and become non-words, the life of these words should be sucked out of them, surely!!

Yeah like the native indigenous american peeps who also would worship nature and animals, respecting are dear mother earth, and then were told things are now changing we are tacking over your now living in the U S A.

And its still going on today.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Master
.....I'd forgotten what this thread was about its been sooo long since I've been here....thought I was clicking on a thread about barbecued elephant or something.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
.....I'd forgotten what this thread was about its been sooo long since I've been here....thought I was clicking on a thread about barbecued elephant or something.

I thought so also...... I could not imagine somebody eating.......

Actually, I have an affinity for real elephants
and I do admire those who are vegans and vegetarians.

Someday..... I hope to be there.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.