Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 15-12-2023, 09:26 PM
Seeker

I really dont like how people glorify twin flames

In a social media era where everyone wants to be trendy and say that they want to have a twin flame or that their karmic/codependency/empath vs narcissist/toxic relationship is a twin flame, people want to act like being on a twin flame journey is the best thing ever. It's not. This journey has killed me at times and I cant understand why the average person would want this.

Over the course of my journey that I started almost 4 months ago, let me tell you, this is something that at times you wish you never knew about since its stressful as hell. The issue is that once you seen stuff, you cant unsee it and you cannot go back to the time before you learned about this stuff. Im starting to settle into the journey more and feeling comfortable with the possibility of no divine union, but for a while, yeah I was hoping to forget about this stuff. This journey is not the faint of heart. You have to be tough to thrive and push forward on it.

Things that I think suck about this, well let's see. One, emerging old trauma. Not fun. Learning of all those awful feelings I had in high school that I have suppressed is brutal. Learning about how I been running from myself for years was not great. Learning about my old people pleasing tendencies and how Id fall for narcissists and toxic relationships is a rude awakening. Having your insecurities hit you like a ton of bricks isnt fun by any means.

Second, Id say what sucks is separation. 17 years ago, the person that I think was my twin hugged me. Now she wants nothing to do with me due to her going from being an anxious attachment to an avoidant one due to a bad experience with a karmic. Having nightmares of what the karmic did or the feeling that I could never see her ever again hurts. Seeing such a kind soul get beaten down by society and me being unable to do anything about it is one of the most helpless things Ive ever felt.

Third, the idea that divine union could never happen is terrifying. I have to try my hardest to fight every day knowing this and knowing that I must be the spiritual leader in this connection, I kind of have to just suck it up and push forward. I dont have much support in my life and Im constantly fighting alot of uphill battles in my life. But I have to continue to be strong since if not, if I ever meet this person again, I dont want to be weak like her karmic. Every day I have to fight my mind and keep pushing. Its not fun. Its not fun feeling deep sadness at times. Its not fun seeing other females and not being interested in them now that I know that there is possibly of true love in its purest form out there. Its not fun knowing that life will never be the same after what I been shown.

TLDR: The twin flame journey is not fun nor should it be glorified. I will say that is satisfying and rewarding since if you channel your energy correctly, it can lead to society change, spiritual growth like no other, some life changing moments/revelations along with maybe a divine union, but its not something that is easy nor is it something people should be wanting, unless you like life on hard mode and or are a masochist.
Old 16-12-2023, 12:29 AM
Master

i agree with your sentiments.

Personally, I never wanted a twin, fought hard to keep her out, then when she got in anyway and I chased her long enough to remember where all this goes I just wanted her to go away again.

Not that I got any of that. What I got instead is a lot of spiritual development lol...

me and my 'twin' (if you will ever let me call her that lol) scored pretty high on your list of twin characteristics by the way. I even have numbers for both her and the false twin... I wrote a big long post about it but it got swept when they finally got rid of lizzie's threads...

but i did want to thank you, as a result of all your questioning I remembered that the girl I thought was my twin was probably the false twin. Although I don't know what to make of that in light of my other experiences that I attribute to my 'twin' it gave me a glimmer of hope because at least the false twin is nice these days lol...
Old 16-12-2023, 01:09 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i agree with your sentiments.

Personally, I never wanted a twin, fought hard to keep her out, then when she got in anyway and I chased her long enough to remember where all this goes I just wanted her to go away again.
Lol so your false twin is a karmic? Since to me thats what false twin means. Karmics are narcissists, who will mirror you (similar to a twin flame) to get what they want. Mistakening someone for your twin isnt a false twin, its just not your twin flame.
Old 16-12-2023, 01:23 AM
Master

oh ok i guess she isn't the false twin either then.... i'll go back to calling her the 'orange girl' I suppose lol!
Old 06-01-2024, 09:46 PM
rozenb222

This journey is indeed rough. It can feel like you're going crazy at times. Especially when the other person doesn't return the feelings. It is a very lonely situation to be in and it's unfair. It's feels unfair because it feels like you don't have any freewill in this thing while the other person seems to have all the free will in the world. People keep telling you that you have to move on and you know it feels impossible. Nobody understands. The lessons aren't being learned because they're exercising they're freewill to not learn them or to stay in relationships or situations they know is not making them happy out of fear. Fear is the common denominator in all this. Fear of getting hurt. Fear of letting go. It sucks.
Old 06-01-2024, 11:54 PM
Master

yeah it is awful. So much they have that you don't, so much to be envious of... yeah fear is an aspect, i know how much hurt mine has brought to me in the past. And that I'm not capable of stopping her if she chooses to do it again.

I also have problems because I want to know once and for all how to relate to her for all time so I can be safe and won't have to hurt any more. I'm also a bit of a control freak if you get me going.... Which apparently part of the point is that I can't have such things...

I'm only at the beginning of understanding my own role in this.... still awful no matter how you slice and dice it though...
Old 07-01-2024, 12:45 AM
Suspended
Master
It gets intense over time.
Panic attacks aren't fun.
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=107662
Old 07-01-2024, 02:25 AM
2-3 sentences when quoting others, pls.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru