Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

And this:

Common misconceptions about enlightenment:

False: The Enlightened live longer.
True: Enlightened people have average life spans

False: The Enlightened are healthier.
True: Enlightened people can suffer health problems

False: Enlightened people walk around in constant bliss
True: They lead ordinary lives though more peaceful and rewarding with clarity of consciousness and mind

False: The Enlightened don’t suffer pain
True: Enlightened people tend to be more sensitive and experience pain but without the associated “suffering”, they are sensitive to the suffering of their fellow man, but they also enjoy life more.

False: They enjoy unlimited freedom
True: Enlightened people tend to take more responsibility within society and often curtail their freedom, though they enjoy spiritual freedom and freedom from beliefs and preconceived ideas

False: The Enlightened have “arrived”
True: Enlightened people still evolve, unfold and consider themselves to be learners.

False: The Enlightened are all knowing
True: Enlightened people focus better and can gain knowledge and deep insights wherever they place their attention

False: The Enlightened are perfect in every respect
True: Enlightened people still display idiosyncrasies

False: The Enlightened are always loving, nice and kind to other people.
True: Enlightened people can be hard, stern and able to speak their minds without being emotionally attached to their argument. They call a spade a spade and “don’t tolerate fools gladly”.

False: The Enlightened don’t have sex
True: Enlightened people have closer bonds during sex

False: The Enlightened stand out from the crowd
True: Enlightened people try to avoid the limelight, and the most skilful ones will never be detected by the public as such
Old 13-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGronn
What I meant was yes all hippies are spiritual but not all spirituals are hippies.
That can't be true. Exaggeration ...
Old 13-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Knower

Ok whatever.
Old 14-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Greetings fellow 'spiritual people'.

Twice today, I have been told I am 'not spiritual' which is really cool if I am not because then I can get on with just living a meaningless existence and not knowing any better.

So, to humour it I was like "what makes you say that?"

Apparently, 'spiritual people' never swear, never have an opposing/negative view about anything, never get impatient or frustrated, never have an unkind word to say about anybody or anything, always self-sacrificing and humble, always seeing rainbows and pretty pink unicorns everywhere they go, they never have discussions/debates because all they can say is "it will all be fine, peace and light to you"...I mean there's a whole list of what 'spiritual people have to DO to be 'spiritual people'.

Now, I know people who do this, but say they are "not spiritual"...would it make any difference to them if somebody else said "oh yes...yes you ARE?"

Nope, it would not.

There are also many 'spiritual actors' out there too who believe if they 'play the part' they'll eventually become the part they play. It's like a form of spiritual dishonesty.

So, I am learning to come to terms with the fact that other people don't exist anyway and I only imagine that they do, so being called 'not spiritual' doesn't phase me because it is the weakest form of an attempt at insult based on a supposed guilt feeling I do not possess and thus it just bounces straight back off me, like water off a duck's back.

I mean, Satan could come tomorrow and destroy the world and people go 'what a totally non-spiritual thing to do'...however, the devil is spiritual, just not in any way a mere mortal would ever understand the concept.

So, if you have thoughts, please provide below and if not, move on...nothing to see here. Thank you.

Being spiritual also means walking in love, and excepting others for who they are. It is the wisdom to know that none of us are perfect but we are all pushing towards the light. It's easy to get on the Internet and put forth a, spiritual façade, of sorts. But how do each of us live when the monitor shuts down? I would hope that we all live like real people who have spiritual aspirations despite our foibles.
Old 15-02-2017, 05:27 PM
Suspended
This made me LOL because I get this sometimes too and I'm just like...I spend all my evenings talking to an archangel...or five. Because I admit that I enjoy sacred sexuality, I'm unspiritual

Who can see inside my head and heart to tell me how spiritual I am? You can't judge that by how often someone curses or has sex. That's ridiculous and short sighted.

Some people have a funny idea of what spirituality is. It's not trying to make out you never do anything bad or stupid. You're still allowed to be human. It's as much as internal journey as an external one.

Ignore them. They're being idiots. Everyone is exactly as spiritual as they say there are, either on a positive or more negative spectrum.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Experiencer

Tolerance ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
That can't be true. Exaggeration ...

Hay, let's not bicker over semantics here. We're all "after" the same thing here aren't we? None is bettter than the other. I have more to say on this and will spread it around a bit or put it all in one general reply.

We're all trying to be the best we can be; isn't that what spirituality also includes?

Hay, we all speak too quickly sometimes :) And then I can hear it now about that. So let's just simmer down together eh?

XO,
Joyce
Old 15-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Experiencer

It's easy to get on the Internet and put forth a, spiritual façade, of sorts. But how do each of us live when the monitor shuts down? I would hope that we all live like real people who have spiritual aspirations despite our foibles.[/quote]

Now this is kinda perfect. I find this to be very, very true here. You're right about the point that this site enables a LOT of egos to express their~self, and that's okay too. Many are young, and/or it's such an important part of who they are and that's okay too. They are really living their journey (not necessarily a foible.

Yes and being spiritual does mean accepting others foibles as exactly who they are.

This idea for the thread has certainly raised some very interesting hairs hasn't it.

Now my turn :-) XO,
Joyce
Old 15-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Experiencer

I'm sorry to have sooo many reply's, but I don't know of another way and I won't make the time (because I don't have any extra) to write to forum help and try to ask a question for an intelligent person to decipher.

And Holly, I messed up on replying to yours, so I deleted it, wrote another, than had to come back and fill in the one I thought was replying to yours. Anyway, this only makes sense to me I'm sure.

Anyway, maybe I've already said all that I wanted. I agree with most of all I've read on this thread. I know I read the original thread by Necromancer, but where I don't know, and Frozen Ghost had it in the reply, so I'm gonna just continue.

Anyway. To me spirituality speaks of the invisible energy of all things. The self we cannot see. And there are sooo many mysteries we want to believe we've explained through past life regressions, NDE's, and all that. All of the assistance we get thru astrology, jyotish, tarot cards, crystals, and on and on and on .. and on again :-) we humans have done our best to explain the unexplainable. We all know we're tapping into our own consciousness, and we can't really explain exactly what it is, so we do our intellectual best.

When we're living a spiritual life with conscious connection to this mysterious higher power, we actually feel the connection when we pause. The spiritual connection is in the pause. I love to imagine it as the spiritual connection is in the PAWS, because my strong belief is dog IS the reflection of god. Dogs are awesome demesticaled creatures. There aer so many more, but why open that, or maybe someone will.

Well, I've got to keep moving on here. Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in :-)

XO,
Joyce
Old 15-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Holly]

Who can see inside my head and heart to tell me how spiritual I am? You can't judge that by how often someone curses or has sex. That's ridiculous and short sighted.

One doesn't need to see inside your head & heart to see how spiritual anyone else is, because actions speak louder than words.

I'll end here. I have one to write myself.

XO,
Joyce
Old 15-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Experiencer

I am so annoyed, at me only, that I didn't get anyone's "name" to appear when I replied to their post (except baro-san). I've seen others just have part of an original thread appear in a separate window . . This is beyond frustrating!!!

Sorry you have to keep reading Joyce, Joyce, Joyce. I wish I knew.