Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Guide
Angel1 Leading a holistic spiritual life, connecting with spirit and vegetarianisim

Dear SF family,

I keep coming across information stating that too truely connect with spirit you have to eat raw vegetables and have a vegetarian diet. I've been jumping through a fair few hoops trying to facilitate this connection I gotta say, and yet I see youtube videos of people that have connected after one meditation.

I gotta be doin something wrong here guys. I got my crystals, i've cleansed them, moonlight, sunshine, salt water etc. I got my frankincense, i've read lots and lots of books, i've got my forum happening for support. I've got oil and an oil burner, I drink my 8 glasses of water a day. Affirmations, prayers and yet reading more books. I've been ticking all the boxes.

I don't want to buy any more stuff, crystals, cd's, books, etc... i'm all stocked up.

I am connecting through signs, symbolisim and Angel cards, i'm just not connecting directly. I'm feeling frustrated. And I am meditating, and with Prana under trees, and at night and my sacred space and alter, that's all been happening for three months. I see purples and pale green colours too in my third eye when I hit the zone as well.

My guides are telling me through the symbolisim and angel cards, i'm a healer and an earth angel and that I have to be patient. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh I was being real patient until I saw the youtube video of the girl who said she eats raw vegetables and connected after one guided meditation. Two mediums have told me I am a healer, ie confirmed through my aura etc.

Sorry I started to rant... please forgive me.

Forgive me, i'm Greek and whilst I don't eat a lot of red meat (less than 200grams a week [and i've become anaemic as a result]), I still have a family to feed and we eat a lot of chicken, some fish and ocassionally pork.

Question is this, could my not being a vegetarian be hindering my real time connection and breakthrough to spirit and my guides?

In addition is there anyone who is already in connection with their guides but still eats meat?

Thanking you for your patience and support.
Lovel and light
Ellespirit
Old 15-08-2011, 08:56 AM
mattie

Eat What Appeals To You

I don’t agree w/, that to ‘truely connect with spirit you have to eat raw vegetables and have a vegetarian diet.’ Some nutrients in vegetables aren’t accessible until they are cooked. Take YouTube video claims that they have connected (with what???) in a single meditation session w/ a huge grain of salt. It’s good for my keyboard I wasn’t drinking when I read that one!

Spiritual development is an ongoing process that continues for eternity. Your guides are right about being patient. Spiritual expansion isn’t just going to one level, it is a learning & experiencing (not necessarily in that order!) journey that is continual. The more we learn the more that we realize that we have to learn.

The self professed YouTube spiritual phenoms may have connected w/ their HS after one meditation, or attained a certain level of awareness, but this is the video equivalent of creative writing, not a genuine spiritual teacher. These videos can be useful in urging others to take that first step too. It is, however a first step w/ many more to follow. There are, however, some long standing legitimate teachers on YouTube that have had the experience of considerably more than one meditation session!!! Look up Suzan Carroll. Her site multidimensions.com is excellent.

As far as spiritual development there are many who have attained excellent spiritual growth w/ eating meat. Many have found that anemia is a problem w/ a strictly vegetarian diet as it is often hard to get enough protein & there are certain nutrients unique to various meats & eggs. Some may think they are purifying their self by eating only vegetables, but this is a personal belief that not everyone shares. Others find moral issues w/ eating meat. The bear isn’t wrestling w/ moral issues when it snags a salmon for dinner. It’s just having supper.

Recent studies w/ complementary medicine show that those who are the healthiest eat modest amounts of meat. A balanced diet is very useful. IMO the things we need to read labels about & avoid are transfats (hydrogenated fats), overuse of sugar, & artificial things in food.
Old 15-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Guide
Thank you so much Mattie for taking the time to reply. I feel so much better after reading your comment.

I can't help feeling a bit self conscious in this forum, my posts tend to.sound a bit neurotic heaven forbid lol

Love and light
Ellespirit
Old 15-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Enya

Taking care of your body and nournishing it with the right balance of foods and nurtrients is far more important than any imagined 'fast track' way to connect with Spirit... Eat raw food and instantly connect? Aye, right...