Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 06-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Pathfinder
My Joy Guide

This is an excerpt from my Visions Journal, from Nov. 2012, about my first spirit guide encounter:

I started a new meditation book, not knowing anything about spirit guides, where the author walked me through a simple meditation through a forest and down a path to my "special place," which could be a house, a beach, a meadow, anywhere.

My mind went to the forest right away, down a path parted in the tall grass through a clearing. The field rose ahead of me, and I got lost in the moment.

It was so beautiful. The sun was setting over the hill, crickets chirped, bugs buzzed, dandelion fluff caught the sunlight and glowed. (Allow me to out-nerd myself and say that it was just like Peter Jackson's Shire.)

Then, silence and a silhouette of a woman was in front of the light. She moved gracefully in the light, as if she was talking to someone at her right -- smiling, shyly looking down, brushing her just-above-chin-length hair out of her face.

She looked very similar to Audrey Tatou in Amelie, and she wore a bright white dress with a blue flower pattern.

Her hat matched, with a wide blue ribbon tied around it. She startled for a minute, as if she realized someone else had come into her space, and she looked up at me, surprised. A smile quickly spread across her face, and I felt this giddy sense of happiness.

I wanted to continue the exercise from the book, so I actually walked past her down the path, keeping my eyes on her at my left. She stayed, smiling, as if she was impatiently waiting for me to open a birthday present. I walked over a small bridge with a bubbling brook underneath.

I soon forgot about the lady and went about exploring this place. Naturally, the entire experience did make me feel safe, relaxed, and happy.

Later in the book, the author talks about a similar exercise a college teacher had her do -- the walk through the forest. She mentions that on her walk, she encountered a "spirit guide." I wondered if that's who I had seen.

I let myself believe that maybe my "Audrey" was a spirit guide.

After, the book goes on to talk about the first of 5 "regular" spirit guides that supposedly everyone has. The first was a joy guide. She said that if you've seen anyone during meditation (I had), that I could ask that person for a sign of what her job was. So, I did... I didn't know her name, so I basically was like, "Hey lady, show me something..."

I saw her lean into me quickly, with wide eyes, hold out her hands, and a bouquet of flowers appeared -- blue ones, like on her dress. The vision was so vivid, and her eyes so clear, that I physically opened my eyes and leaned back.

On the next page of the book, the author asks, "Did she show you flowers?"

I read the line a few times -- in disbelief. Yep, she did, in her dress and in her arms.

I do feel like she is a "joy guide" in that, her entire presence is of giddy happiness.

I don't connect with her very often any more, as I feel she's now led me to a more serious, teacher-guide of sorts. This woman has blond hair, a loose-fitting cotton shirt, and hemp-like pants. She sits at a weathered picnic table and tries to show me things, and I feel like the bored student who never seems to understand what she's talking about.

That pretty much sums up my spiritual journey. Now I'm trying to do more listening than talking, more absorbing information than asking questions. I'm trying to be a good student!
Old 21-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Experiencer
Hello Aralyn1983,

It's always special to meet a spirit guide for the first time! Thanks for sharing your nice story. It could be that this guide could easier connect with you at that time than your other guides.

Boson
Old 21-01-2015, 03:03 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks, Boson! That's my hope too. I've still seen her pop up when I least expect it.

I went to a meditation session with a local medium. I wanted to go, but it was the coldest night of the year, and I got there late. I stumbled in my massive winter coat, loudly took a seat, thought, "What the he** have I gotten myself into?"

I wanted to cry, closed eyes, and saw my "Audrey" guide smiling and applauding. She was thrilled I had finally connected with this group, and only good things have come of it!